• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    what i find odd is that this was his fourth time about to be executed and he rejected his last meal just like the other three times. it almost seems he was expecting a stay, in some way shape or form being cocky as if it was not going to happen.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I read that there were only 9 eye witnesses that it was Davis specifically, and that 7 recanted and the other was a known owner of a gun of the same caliber. But, like I said, I haven't researched it a whole lot. Hence why I refrained from making an outright judgment.

The 9 and 7 recanted is pure Media BS, pumped out by those trying to save Davis from the needle.

Koolaid for the sycophants and race hustlers.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Curious how being a Christian is part of the justification for opposition. Not flaming, just curious.

Dont hold your breath on that answer...

I guess somewhere in the bible it says its ok to torture people though? Oh, and its ok to muder them if they are Muslims? :dunno:

U.S. citizens have Constitutional rights. Therefore they are entitled to a fair trial. Muslim terrorists do not have Constitutional rights. All they are entitled to is buckets of water poured down their noses, a bullet to the head, or both.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Neither should we entertain the premise that any evidence brought forth in an attempt to exonerate is sufficient to create said doubt. I am beginning to think that there are some who hold the opinion that any doubt is enough to acquit, regardless of how reasonable or logical it is.
    If it's not reasonable doubt, it's not doubt for the purposes of a criminal trial.

That is a real possibility that the defendant did not commit the offense. It's the same standard all of us would want if the State had us on trial. Especially for a capital offense.

Not to say there was reasonable doubt in this case. Eyewitness testimony is often the least reliable, and after 20 years, memories fade. So I would have some doubts about a mass recantation as in this case. If the witnesses did not voice doubts at the trial, it is disturbing they only come forward now.

I see a lot of posts on the forum questioning the wisdom, integrity, honesty, etc., of police, judges, politicians, etc. Yet many posters also want the State to be more severe in its treatment of crime. Remember, many of the people who administer the death penalty are the same people many of you wouldn't trust further than you could spit. In a hurricane.

We just should not be in a hurry to make it any easier for the State to kill citizens 'legally'.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I see a lot of posts on the forum questioning the wisdom, integrity, honesty, etc., of police, judges, politicians, etc. Yet many posters also want the State to be more severe in its treatment of crime.

Straw man of the worst order. There is nothing contradictory about holding those opinions simultaneously. Unless you fall for the fallacious idea that a system must be lenient because some of the players might be corrupt.

Is that what you're suggesting?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Straw man of the worst order. There is nothing contradictory about holding those opinions simultaneously. Unless you fall for the fallacious idea that a system must be lenient because some of the players might be corrupt.

Is that what you're suggesting?
    Not a straw man at all. Perhaps you can explain how that is the case, rather than simply asserting it in this conclusory manner?

Holding these opinions simultaneously is contradictory precisely because if you can trust the government, why do you need a constitution or more particularly, a second amendment?

The 2d Amendment does not protect you against random bad apples. It protects you against systemic oppression. Like the kind King George imposed on the colonies. Like the kind many people here see happening in the present-day, under the present administration.

If you let the government ride over due process in the case of 'bad' people, don't expect the government to recognize it when you're the accused.

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    The 9 and 7 recanted is pure Media BS, pumped out by those trying to save Davis from the needle.

Koolaid for the sycophants and race hustlers.

I don't really care enough to do the research. I'll take your word for it since this is obviously super duper important to you.

Bitter Clinger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Florida
    Dont hold your breath on that answer...

I guess somewhere in the bible it says its ok to torture people though? Oh, and its ok to muder them if they are Muslims? :dunno:

Self defense is NOT murder.

You and the rest of your liberal friends fail to understand one thing: Muslims want us dead. All of us. To them, we are infidels. They believe allah wants them to kill us and establish sharia law around the world (which says if a muslim's daughter dates non-muslim boys, he should perform an "honor killing" on her to preserve the family's holiness. Which says if a woman has sex outside of marriage, she should be stoned to death). Islam is an evil religion practiced by backwards, primitive people who hate us.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

You and the rest of your liberal friends fail to understand one thing: Muslims want us dead. All of us. To them, we are infidels. They believe allah wants them to kill us and establish sharia law around the world (which says if a muslim's daughter dates non-muslim boys, he should perform an "honor killing" on her to preserve the family's holiness. Which says if a woman has sex outside of marriage, she should be stoned to death). Islam is an evil religion practiced by backwards, primitive people who hate us.

:rolleyes:
    Do you mean "terrorists"? :dunno:
    Do you know that millions of US citizens are muslims?
    You will find millions of muslims in the US and all around the world that are good people.
    Sure some are bad, just like some christians are serial killers and murderers, some priest rape children etc ... that doesn't mean all Christians are bad.
    Also "Infidels", for the muslims, are people who dont believe in God.
    So Christians, or someone that believes in any other religion, are not Infidels.

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO

I'm pretty sure most muslims don't give a **** about Americans or "infidels." I imagine they, like most people, are far too concerned with their own microcosms. There are plenty that want us all dead, sure, but suggesting we slaughter everyone of a certain religion and claim self-defense for it is just absurd. Besides, unless we nuked huge regions of the country you'd have 1.5 billion people to fight against. It's absurd, unrealistic, and, frankly, far more barbaric than you seem to think most muslims are. You seem to somehow forget all the inquisitions, slaughters, witch burnings, etc that have been done with a claim of Christianity. If you really wanted to undermine the prohibitive Islamic faith then trade and with it the influx of our culture would do far more than a gun ever could. Freedom and wealth are pretty infectious (though we aren't exactly a shining example of either anymore) and THAT is the only thing that will spur the people there to change.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    :rolleyes:
    Do you mean "terrorists"? :dunno:
    Do you know that millions of US citizens are muslims?
    You will find millions of muslims in the US and all around the world that are good people.
    Sure some are bad, just like some christians are serial killers and murderers, some priest rape children etc ... that doesn't mean all Christians are bad.
    Also "Infidels", for the muslims, are people who dont believe in God.
    So Christians, or someone that believes in any other religion, are not Infidels.

Sylvain,

I understand you wanna take a liberal standpoint, but to be frank... youre wrong. I havent seen many serial killers that legitimately do their deeds in the name of God (considering that most are disturbed and commit their offenses because they want to, and claiming to be sick is a way to sometimes avoid the needle). As for saying we're as bad as them is absurd and an illegitimate argument. As for "Infidel" youre playing with fire. They make it seem to mean that its somebody that doesnt believe in God, but what they mean is someone who doesnt believe in THEIR god.

As for Them giving him a life sentence instead of the needle... I think they should cut it down to 2 appeals and then after the guilty verdict/ "we dont care" verdict you take em to the death chamber or take em out back. Unfortunately, there currently arent any restrictions on numbers of appeals... a major flaw in the modern court system.

He wasnt a saint or someone that got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time, he murded two people in cold blood and has showed no remorse for his actions; He is lucky it was GA instead of Texas.

I shall shed no tears for the wicked, and give no pity for douchebags.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Sylvain,

I understand you wanna take a liberal standpoint, but to be frank... youre wrong. I havent seen many serial killers that legitimately do their deeds in the name of God (considering that most are disturbed and commit their offenses because they want to, and claiming to be sick is a way to sometimes avoid the needle). As for saying we're as bad as them is absurd and an illegitimate argument. As for "Infidel" youre playing with fire. They make it seem to mean that its somebody that doesnt believe in God, but what they mean is someone who doesnt believe in THEIR god.

As for Them giving him a life sentence instead of the needle... I think they should cut it down to 2 appeals and then after the guilty verdict/ "we dont care" verdict you take em to the death chamber or take em out back. Unfortunately, there currently arent any restrictions on numbers of appeals... a major flaw in the modern court system.

He wasnt a saint or someone that got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time, he murded two people in cold blood and has showed no remorse for his actions; He is lucky it was GA instead of Texas.

I shall shed no tears for the wicked, and give no pity for douchebags.

I wasn't talking about Troy Davis, I didn't know him and I dont know what he did or did not do.
    I was just answering to a post who said that "muslims want to kill us".
    This kind of thinking is ridiculous and offensive, to think that all muslims are terrorits is ridiculous and offensive.
    It's not about being liberal or not, there is a HUGE difference between "muslim terrorits" and "muslims".
    It's like those people who dont see the difference between "illegal aliens" and "legal aliens".They are two kind of people, tottaly different.
    I have some muslims friends, they are among the nicest people I ever met.
    We joke about religions, every religions including Islam.
    They dont call me "Infidel" even though they know I dont believe in God.
    And they wouldn't kill anyone.
    That's why I talked about Christians murderers, rapists etc ..., sure a few Christian people are bad, they do horrible things just like some Muslims do horrible things.
    But those terrorists and criminals, no matter their religions, have nothing to do with the GOOD Christians and the GOOD Muslims.Nothing!
    Im tired of reading things like "It's them against US".If "them" are the terrorists then I have no problem with that, but if "them" means "Muslim" that's just wrong.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011

Wow ... I find it hard to believe that every single Muslim feals that way. Maybe you should try actually meeting some and having a conversation with some in real life. That is if your racism isnt so deep that you couldnt stand 1 second of speaking to a Muslim without wanting to kill him/her because they read a different book than you.

And you wonder why people think you tea partiers are racist? Keep using words like "Obongo" and blatantly calling for the irradication of an entire religion, its doing wonders for your cause

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    As for "Infidel" youre playing with fire. They make it seem to mean that its somebody that doesnt believe in God, but what they mean is someone who doesnt believe in THEIR god.

Actually Mohammed himself said that Muslims and Jews and Christians all believe in the same God ... so.... bingbangboom:dunno:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Actually Mohammed himself said that Muslims and Jews and Christians all believe in the same God ... so.... bingbangboom:dunno:

You haven't read the Quran, much less the Hadith have you? I am not going to go any further out of respect for the site rules, but I would encourage you to read more. I will say that I believe most Muslims do not want to kill all of us. But if you read some of the polls that have been done, the percentage in some countries are higher than you would probably expect. Yes I do converse regularly with a few Muslims (A Pakistani and a Sudanese).

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Nothing about the death penalty bothers me except that it is always an agent of the State doing it. I think it would be much more appropriate if the victim's family or friends got the pleasure of it, ethical convictions aside. They receive but poor recompense for the loss of loved ones, the least the State can do is offer a small joy.

Why did we ever do away with hangings? They worked pretty good for a couple hundred years and would be a pretty strong deterrent today, if deterrence is a claimed goal of the death penalty. I myself find nothing greater in it than vengeance, but that's not to say that vengeance is bad. It is another name for Justice.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Nothing about the death penalty bothers me except that it is always an agent of the State doing it. I think it would be much more appropriate if the victim's family or friends got the pleasure of it, ethical convictions aside. They receive but poor recompense for the loss of loved ones, the least the State can do is offer a small joy.

Why did we ever do away with hangings? They worked pretty good for a couple hundred years and would be a pretty strong deterrent today, if deterrence is a claimed goal of the death penalty. I myself find nothing greater in it than vengeance, but that's not to say that vengeance is bad. It is another name for Justice.

Apparently somebody thought it was cruel and unusual... kinda as some believe that the "Chair" is inhumane. I,personally, am not opposed to the use of the firing squad (the fact that everyone except for the active shooter is given blanks, doesnt bother me). .30$ for a .30-06 bullet and 1$ or 2 in blanks is a lot cheaper than the money spent on the drugs used in the needle.

Although I believe Utah is the main place to still utilize "the squad"

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Although I believe Utah is the main place to still utilize "the squad"
    Utah no longer uses firing squads. The last person to be executed that way was Ronnie Lee Gardner in 2010 and even he was grandfathered in due to his long tenure on death row. In the future they'll be using other methods to kill people.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    A few death penalty observations:

Death penalty opponents often claim that life in prison is more of a punishment than being put to death. Two questions on that.

A. Why do, with VERY FEW exceptions (Timothy McVeigh was mentioned) those on death row push for every possible avenue of appeal they can take? If it was SO much worse to spend your life in prison, wouldn't they drop their appeals and take the quick out?

B. If you were given the choice of: a. We kill you next week by hanging you or giving you an injection, or b. You spend the rest of your life living in a secure facility. You never get to leave, and your room will be really small, but you get three square meals a day, you get time to work out and play basketball and other sports with your new homies, you'll get some sunshine and fresh air every day, you'll have heat in the winter, AC in the summer, you get to watch TV, play video games, read magazines or books, get visits from family if you behave, take classes if you're so inclined and you don't have to do any work, unless you feel like it, and then there are opportunities there for you too.

Which would you HONESTLY pick? Which would the victim of that crime choose, between the often brutal death and permanent separation from their loved ones that they suffered, or an option of life, albeit in prison?

Why should the person who intentionally snuffed out the life of another person, and robbed them and their families of everything that their life had to offer, get one more day of warm sun on their face or one more breath of fresh air than the person who's very life they destroyed?

... and I honestly believe it would serve as more of a deterrent if it was carried out in a swift manner.

Top Bottom