• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smoker9000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Logansport
    I often wounder who the first Internet troll was, and why his/her rabble rousing personality spread so violently through every single forum on the internet. Is it because their mother didn't love them? Voice too meager to be heard in person? that their opinions hold no weight in their own reality? Your thoughts...

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I think I know the 1st troll. He did live in his mom's house and as soon as he figured out how to create a login without using his real name became one of the worst keyboard commandos ever!

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I remember a guy that called himself gunkid back in the late 1990's or so in the good old days of the Frugal Squirrel forum. Before things went to hell over there. He was an ex-felon who spouted about his tactical wheelbarrow filled with his survival equipment, suppressed AR with a 22llr conversion, willingness to become a cannibal to survive... ect...

He ended up doing more time in another federal penitentiary, I think his name was Marvin something or another.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have an obnoxious aunt. She is overly loud and rude in public as no one ever calls her out on it. My family doesn't know how to deal with it and strangers normally won't confront her, I guess because they just want to do their thing and aren't looking to get into a row in public.

Thank God she doesn't do the internet.

For some reason she isn't happy unless she is making everyone around her miserable. I'd need a shrink to explain this, but it has always been that way with her.

Fortunately, her time interacting with the public in a restaurant (where she is really bad) or a store is limited. Imagine someone just like her who can sit at home for hours on end and torment people getting some sort of perverse glee out it.

There is a Troll, and there are thousands of them. Evolution doesn't stop stupid, it limits it, but it doesn't stop it. Regretably.

Regards,

Doug

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have an obnoxious aunt. She is overly loud and rude in public as no one ever calls her out on it. My family doesn't know how to deal with it and strangers normally won't confront her, I guess because they just want to do their thing and aren't looking to get into a row in public.

Why yes, yes she is. Her INGO user name is...

For some reason she isn't happy unless she is making everyone around her miserable. I'd need a shrink to explain this, but it has always been that way with her.

Fortunately, her time interacting with the public in a restaurant (where she is really bad) or a store is limited. Imagine someone just like her who can sit at home for hours on end and torment people getting some sort of perverse glee out it.

There is a Troll, and there are thousands of them. Evolution doesn't stop stupid, it limits it, but it doesn't stop it. Regretably.

Regards,

Doug

Sounds like a brain tumor.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    The first one I remember was pre-WWW in the mid 80's when Usenet newsgroups were the thing. There was one called rec.pets where a guy came on and asked about getting a pet rabbit. It was masterful. He asked about how to pick a bunny, housing, food, toys, etc. He chronicaled the bunny growing up then getting a mate, then a batch of youngins, etc. He took months to build the story and corral followers. Then he posted asking for recipes and how to skin rabbits. The ensuing ****-storm was epic.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw

Regards,

Doug

You just described my Mother...:(

Top Bottom