• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I don't mind it too much if I'm watching a race or football. I try not to get into much of a hurry and enjoy the time doing something related to the hobby. But yes, it can be monotonous at times.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Do it while you are rockin out or watching tv! DO NOT make it a step in the process where you goto the reloading bench and thats all you do...all day.

It is a safety rule that you MUST have a TV and Radio in the reloading room! Bonus if a DVD player and or the hunting channels are there too!

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Any time spent at the reloading bench is cool with me. Case preparation is really the "meat" of reloading. Priming, charging and seating bullets is the boring part, to me. Once the recipe is known, that's just busy work, but I enjoy all of it. I guess it's just a matter of perspective.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I hate lubing and resizing also. I am in the process of 500 .223 cases. I been doing a handful at a time. I feel like I cant shoot them after I spent all that time and effort into them. I have some Lee tools and been using my cordless drill. I thought about one of those power Hornady deals. I dont remember the name of it. Let me know when you find a better way to do it.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I use the Possum Hollow case trimmer with the power adapter (sold separately) for .223 cases. I chuck it into my cheap Black & Decker bench press. After trimming the cases I use a Forester Chamfer and Deburring Tool (now on sale at Midway). I chuck the Chamfer and Deburring Tool into a Sinclair power adapter. Things go pretty well with that setup.

Last edited:

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    I hand trimmed my first 2k cases and decided enough was enough. I am now using a Dillon trimmer mounted on the press and I love it. A Lyman case prep center is on the Christmas list to finish off all of the other tasks.

So once I am set up, it runs through the 550 once to process, One pass on the Lyman setup for everything else, then one pass through the 500 to actually reload. Handling each piece of brass 3 times is a winner for me, as I am now doing 6-10k cases a year.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Worlds finest trimmer in a hand drill clamped in a vise. 2 seconds each case or so, just like touching up a pencil in an automatic sharpener. Then, tumble in stainless media which de-lubes and rounds off the fresh cut so no need for chamfer or deburr. It's the way to go!

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    dunno how others are designed, the spindle on a RCBS has an allen head in that i stuff with the correct size driver and spin away with my drill. takes a few seconds per round.

Latewatch

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Henryville, IN
    Worlds finest trimmer in a hand drill clamped in a vise. 2 seconds each case or so, just like touching up a pencil in an automatic sharpener. Then, tumble in stainless media which de-lubes and rounds off the fresh cut so no need for chamfer or deburr. It's the way to go!

Looks pretty good so i just ordered a WTF in .308 I'll give it a good workout during the winter months hope it works out as advertised.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Looks pretty good so i just ordered a WTF in .308 I'll give it a good workout during the winter months hope it works out as advertised.

Sounds good, hope I didn't lead you astray! I love mine. I only do .223 as far as rifles right now so I didn't need a big fancy one that will do multiple calibers. At one point I had 2500 cases to do and wanted the easiest thing to do lots at a time.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Giraud trimmer. They are expensive, but they trim and debur at the same time. Worth the money if you process a lot of rifle brass.

THIS^^^ I found mine on ebay with 5.56 and .308 cutters. One of my best investments ever. It makes brass trimming a non issue.

Top Bottom