• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    So I had a tritium insert fall out of a front sight on one of my handguns. I contacted Trijicon and they advised me to return to them my slide assembly so they could fix the issue. I did that on 8/24 and they received it on 8/26. I called this past Friday (9/2) to ask if they had made any progress or had shipped the slide back to me. I was then informed that my slide had been received and was in the "inspection" process and that it would take 2-4 additional WEEKS for them to address the issue and return the slide. Holy freakin' cow! Had I known this, I would have bought a new damn front sight and just slapped it on there myself, that is an unreasonable amount of time, IMHO, to diagnose and fix something this simple. Has anyone here ever dealt with them before? If so, what has been your experience?

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    My last experience with Trijicon was when I lost the chem stick cover on my Gen 1 Tri-Power while hunting. I called them for a price on a replacement cap and they sent me two for free. I received them in under a week.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    So I had a tritium insert fall out of a front sight on one of my handguns.

Your M&P crap the sheets again? :):

Has anyone here ever dealt with them before? If so, what has been your experience?

I have not. I've never been much of a Trijicon fan, and your story has done nothing to elevate their status with me. :):

I will say, though, that my recent experience with Meprolight/Kimber was precisely the opposite. Called their CS and left a message, and actually got a return call within a couple hours. Sent in my NS with a note explaining the problem, and even though I had never registered my warranty and could not provide documentation of time/place of purchase, they sent me a replacement sight within a couple weeks. No questions, no charge.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Your M&P crap the sheets again? :):

I have not. I've never been much of a Trijicon fan, and your story has done nothing to elevate their status with me. :):

I will say, though, that my recent experience with Meprolight/Kimber was precisely the opposite. Called their CS and left a message, and actually got a return call within a couple hours. Sent in my NS with a note explaining the problem, and even though I had never registered my warranty and could not provide documentation of time/place of purchase, they sent me a replacement sight within a couple weeks. No questions, no charge.

Yes, it was the infamous M&P :rolleyes: :D I've not been a huge night sights guy but in this case I'm stuck with 'em :): and dammit, I want them to work right! I just think that a month or more is waaaaaay too long of a turnaround for something like this.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    I am completely switched over to XS sights now, their customer service is excellent. What is cool is that if there is a problem we fix it for free at the shop. Then I contact XS and they will ship the parts to me for free. Although problems are very rare and mainly due to my early attempts of installation.

If you want, ship the slide to me and I'll install XS sights on it for free and then ship the slide to you. I have not had the chance to install them on an M&P yet so I want the experience and if you take me up on the offer a review would be great.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I am completely switched over to XS sights now, their customer service is excellent. What is cool is that if there is a problem we fix it for free at the shop. Then I contact XS and they will ship the parts to me for free. Although problems are very rare and mainly due to my early attempts of installation.

If you want, ship the slide to me and I'll install XS sights on it for free and then ship the slide to you. I have not had the chance to install them on an M&P yet so I want the experience and if you take me up on the offer a review would be great.

Very generous of you David! PM inbound.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I got my slide back today from Trijicon, just about 3 weeks door to door. They replaced the front sight tritium insert for free, but I still think it took way too long.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    OK since you asked....................Eric, my contact at Trijicon in Wixom Mi, has hundreds of sights of all types being manufactured, installed, and shipped daily from their plant. atypical turn artound time is 2-3 weeks including shipping. I have been one of their LEO customers for years, and have sent in many a slide. For you LEO eligiable INGO's you may send in your slide and they (TRJICON) will replace the lamps in your slide for $54 includes shipping. Warrenty service for everyone else and the usual service requests take time, first come first served. As a matter of fact, I have two slides I need to get to them soon. Since I have dealt with them many times, I understand the delay. It isnt easy being away from your baby that long, believe me I know, I usualy send mine out the day before a family summer vacation, carrying a complimentary spare pistol with me. That way I it seems I am away from my one of my guns for a reasonable time.
    2-3 weeks turn around time in their busy business is not uncommon. I take it they fixed your sight?

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Nope. I have one of the early 9c models that Smith experienced an incorrectly applied finish with. It was having rust issues so Smith replaced the slide for me. They added night sights while they were at it. After a couple months, the tritium vial fell out. None of these things bother me much, crap happens. What bothers me is that Smith turned my gun around in a week and a half and Trijicon took a month.

Top Bottom