• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsells13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Lafayette
    I have never been able to afford a nice 1911 (college student!) But with all the attention the 1911 has got from NRA mags, and History Channel, I'm really wanting one now... >_>

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Seemed like a decent show. I DVR-ed it and watched it last night. Nothing real in-depth, but had a nice show-n-tell about several old handguns.

I think I let out a groan every time they mentioned "stopping power".

What's the next gun in the lineup?

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    As a veteran I thought the Military Channel would be interesting to watch. But after all of the many historical inaccuracies they have cranked out I pretty much decided it's just like all the other stupid shows on cable. They get facts wrong much more often than they get them right. You can watch it for the historical footage but don't believe their reporting. It's just another dumb TV show.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    As a veteran I thought the Military Channel would be interesting to watch. But after all of the many historical inaccuracies they have cranked out I pretty much decided it's just like all the other stupid shows on cable. They get facts wrong much more often than they get them right. You can watch it for the historical footage but don't believe their reporting. It's just another dumb TV show.

Couldn't agree more!!!

Especially the former marine / ordinance museum curator, William Atwater.

2858.jpg

Can you say Semper Pie.

I've heard more BS come out of the history channel / military channel that I rarely watch it any more, it just ends up raising my blood pressure.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Wow, when I saw the picture you put up I remembered how much that show used to elevate my blood pressure also. Most of their "experts" are the kind of obnoxious guys where if you were trapped in an elevator with them you would have to bind and gag them (or worse). They sound like those guys you hear in bars talking about their days in Vietnam where they were Navy Delta Force Recon Seal snipers.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Parke County
    My brother still doesn't get why I want a 1911. "They're so heavy, why don't you get a Glock," he always says snottily. I want a gun that has one hundred years of history, and something that feels good in my hand, other than the run of the mill Glock he has.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    When you're talking about an object that is going to recoil in your hand heavy is good. Unless you really like recoil and muzzle lift.;)

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I can't seem to find the military channel. Does anyone know which channel it is on Insight Communication?

I have insight, and I believe you have to buy a special package to get the military channel. I have just basic cable from Insight and I do not get the Military Channel.

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    I thought the show was pretty decent. Will Willis seems to be a pretty cool guy. He was also the guy in the show Spec Ops Mission. I have my DVR set to record the series so we'll see how the rest of the episodes go.

Top Bottom