• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheLoneRaider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Phoenix
    The Phoenix metro area and some of the surrounding cities have this set up and running. They say they can get within 3 square feet of where the gun went off. Phoenix has to many people shooting in the air on new years eve. Sounds like a war zone in some areas.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Springfield, MA cops said they have it and has not prevented any crime but has caught a lot of criminals. It will even tell the speed of the car that does a drive by.

Coach13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 13, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Watched the vid, very cool. Scary though with the anti gun folks trying to take away our freedoms, this could be used in the other direction. My dad is an office, I will ask him and see if Indy has it. Pretty usefull in the example used in the vid.

gund

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Next time when I commit a firearm crime I'm going to need some decoys around the city spraying shots hehe.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    I was talking to a buddy of mine in the army about this, he is a Humvee gunny that guards supply convoys as they move around Iraq they use a sensor about the size of a shoe box with a couple dozen microphones sticking out. It interfaces wirelessly with all the other gunners and drivers in the convoy so they can relay the direction, distance, elevation, and weapon type to everybody in the convoy as soon as the first shot is fired.

I think its great and I'd like to see that stuff up in the city. Anything that makes the response of LEOs swifter, more accurate, and safer is great in my book.

Its better than putting cameras all over the damn place.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    ....convoys as they move around Iraq they use a sensor about the size of a shoe box with a couple dozen microphones sticking out. It interfaces wirelessly with all the other gunners and drivers in the convoy so they can relay the direction, distance, elevation, and weapon type to everybody in the convoy as soon as the first shot is fired.

i have an anut & uncle that used to be in army told me about this a couple years ago. the fact that it can tell you what caliber is awesome i think.

in that video they lady says they got a big shot fired. and it said it cam from a roof top. and when they found the guy, He was disassembling his weapon:eek::eek:. gang bangers on the streets of richmond california, with a break down sniper rifle.( i say gangbangers because a pro would know about this tech and plan accourdingly)

49CJ3A

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Indianapolis
    This is cool technology. I was just talking with my neighbor the other day about how frequently i hear shots on the far north side of Indy. Would like to know where they are coming from and why.

SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co
    We do not have it yet. I think it is the works.

Actually I think we did but it's like everything else on this department. Nobody knows how to set it up, or it's already out of date, or it's sitting in a closet somewhere, or it cost too much to use, or any other number of things that this half assed, screwed up dept does wrong.

Top Bottom