• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So, I'm going home to Detroit for the weekend, and I decided to review Michigan's carry laws. All I can say is "Man, are we spoiled!" Michigan is not particularly restrictive, but compared to Indiana, it's nuts!

Fight for your rights, folks, but enjoy what you've got and don't take it for granted!

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Have a safe trip. And hey, what's with having no left turns, making people turn right and then make official Uturns... that's just crazy.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Keep it well hidden... Safe traveling.

Thank you. Fortunately, the Michigan AG has already weighed in on OC (and, by extension, printing) and there's no issue there. Which is not to say you won't get hassled...

Have a safe trip. And hey, what's with having no left turns, making people turn right and then make official Uturns... that's just crazy.

I grew up in the suburbs of Detroit. Traffic here is NOTHING compared to there. Without the "Michigan lefts", there is no way on God's green Earth you would ever manage to make a left turn.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I had a buddy come over from Michigan recently and he was amazed at my handgun collection. I couldn't understand why. Then he told me he had to get a permit to own a handgun!

bobn911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Edwardsburg, MI
    That law will be changed in Jan. as long as the Mi resident has a CPL, they won't have to get a purchase permit. All others will have to. Other than that, whats good in IN is good in MI and vice versa. Later, Bob

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Well, having just returned from Detroit, I can now officially confirm that I no longer miss the place. Sure, it has some features I miss. You can't get a good coney dog here in Indiana (I said GOOD coney dog. Stop saying "Skyline"), there's no hockey to speak of, and there's no Olga's. On the other hand, the traffic is horrendous, the road conditions suck (and they can't fix them without making traffic worse), the politics are a lost cause (Mayor of Detroit is still in jail) and I just found out my sister voted for Obama (and not the sister I would have expected it from). The place is a wasteland.

Indiana never fully felt like home until this weekend. I'm both saddened and uplifted by that. I'm a vortex of mixed and conflicting emotions. Maybe some bacon would help.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Time to start watching Hoosier basketball it sounds to me.

I can't get into a sport where they score every 15 seconds. It's hard to yell "WOO!!!" after the 30th basket. Luckily, I've never been a football fan, either. Have you seen the Lions any time in the last, say, 10 years?

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Well, having just returned from Detroit, I can now officially confirm that I no longer miss the place. Sure, it has some features I miss. You can't get a good coney dog here in Indiana (I said GOOD coney dog. Stop saying "Skyline"), there's no hockey to speak of, and there's no Olga's. On the other hand, the traffic is horrendous, the road conditions suck (and they can't fix them without making traffic worse), the politics are a lost cause (Mayor of Detroit is still in jail) and I just found out my sister voted for Obama (and not the sister I would have expected it from). The place is a wasteland.

Indiana never fully felt like home until this weekend. I'm both saddened and uplifted by that. I'm a vortex of mixed and conflicting emotions. Maybe some bacon would help.

Gene's coney dogs are good!
    In Anderson on Scatterfield and about 8th St.
    root beer roocks there too!

car hop service too!

BTW Skylines are less than inpressive with me too!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    *frys up some 4" wide bacon, wrapped in smaller bacon strips*

Welcome back to the land of normal!

Top Bottom