• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coaltrain444

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Getting ready to travel for my honeymoon. I was wondering if with a lifetime ltch i am ok to carry to florida from indiana and what kind of rules are there toncarry in florida. Just dont need problems while down there. Thanks

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Getting ready to travel for my honeymoon. I was wondering if with a lifetime ltch i am ok to carry to florida from indiana and what kind of rules are there toncarry in florida. Just dont need problems while down there. Thanks

TN, KY and GA are all open carry/ concealed carry reciprocating states. That said, I cannot recall the offlimits places that may be different from Indiana.

Florida is a concealed carry state. The new law makes accidental exposure of your firearm legal. HOWEVER that law may not take effect before your trip, so realize that accidental exposure could mean a crime with a stiff fine and possibility of losing your Indiana LTCH.

Most places you can/cannot carry are the same as Indiana, however you can NOT carry into an establishment that derives more than 50% of it's income from the sale of alcoholic beverages or the designated 'bar' area of a restaurant. You can drink and carry, provided you don't meet the public intox levels.

Enjoy your trip to my Native State.

Theme parks are legal to carry in, but always against the rules. Get caught and you'll be evicted and possibly banned for life. Which would suck if you have extra tickets remaining. You won't get a refund either.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    When preparing for a recent vacation to Texas I did research on Concealed Carry Permit Information By State and printed out each states info that I would possibly go through. Kept the file in the car on the trip and copies of my LTCH and other important info as well.

Also you should have a written copy of all your firearm serial numbers so that if for some reason your firearms are lost, stolen or other you have the information to give to the authorities..

Many states other then Indiana do not allow carrying in bars, or other places that we might take for granted.. So do your homework..

Travel safe, enjoy your trip..

Top Bottom