• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    A friend of mine has invited me along to go set and check some traps this weekend. Coyote and racoon. He also said that the boys can come along as well if they'd like. They are 12, 9, and 9. I picked up a trapping license for myself just to avoid any hassle. Although I don't plan on doing anything, I figure it is cheap insurance. My 12 year old has a hunting/fishing/trapping license. It has been misplaced but he has one and I am going to reprint a copy today.

Questions are: do the 9 year olds need licenses. They will solely be along for the ride along if they decide to go. My 5 year old daughter has expressed great interest in going out as well. I am assuming she is in the clear.

I am really looking forward to this little adventure out so I and the kids can learn a little something.

Porter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2014
    Putnam Co
    You should be fine, just like fishing as long as they aren't making the sets and harvesting the fur no license needed. You can watch someone fish without a license but you can't hold the pole. Hope that helps.

Kart29

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    I'm pretty sure you don't need a fishing license until you are 14 years old. I'm not sure about trapping, though. Have you looked at the regulations on www.in.gov/dnr ? I'd start there.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    My mistake. His license is a youth hunting/trapping license. I got a copy of it printed today.

I was thinking the same thing on the other kids if they are "spectating" no license should be needed. I am going to check or email dnr and verify though for sure.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Emailed DNR. The response from Beth stated that "as long as they are observing and not handling any traps or animals, they are ok not having a license "

Top Bottom