• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    Made it out to shoot trap at MCFG for the first time in 3 years. Why I waited so long to vist - I can't say - I love EVERYTHING shotgun-related.

It was a symphony of smooth bores. A five-piece orchestra playing only the sounds of an ounce of lead being delivered on target as the shattered remains of the clay falls gently on the autumn leaves. Kinda puts my whole world back in perspective.

Needless to say, I plan on going as often as time allows.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    Nice description. Could of just said, i blew the **** outta some orange clay things.

See that's the difference between the shotgunner and the rest of the planet; we can see beauty in the violence.

Slacker and Nick:

I'll check to see if I'm working next Thurs and get back with you guys.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Trap at MCF&G is really great. I started going about a month ago. Now it's a Thursday nite ritual. Very relaxing, not rushed and push-push like Friday nite Steel. I hope to get better with practice but it's still fun. My Mossburg looks plain next to all those fancy trap guns but it will do it's job if I do mine.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I've been looking for a place to shoot skeet/trap/clays. can someone send me more info or a link to more info?

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Marion County Fish and Game Association, Indianapolis, Indiana
    It's off Crawfordsville Rd., just west of I-465 and just east of Girls School Rd. on South side of road.
    Cost is $4.00 per round plus a $2 per night fee if you are not a member. You don't have to be a member or guest to shoot trap, Friday Nite Steel or Bowling pins.
    Hope you can make it out. I think you will enjoy. There are all classes of shooters, form beginers like me to some really good handicap shooters. You will shoot with those of similar skill level as the handicap guys have their own thing going.
    PM me if you want to meet up on Thursday night. I know it is not so much fun to show up and not know anyone.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

Cool. The last time I played Protection, my partner and were tied with 3 other teams at the 35yd line. We backed up to 45 and hit. Then 50 (back my the clubhouse at the Red Barn gun club in Weatfield, IN). We didn't make it.

Only afterwards was I told that most of those guys (shooting 34" BT-100s, or Krieghoff, or Perazzis) were also switching to #6 or #5 loads. My pesky 7.5#s weren't cutting the mustard.

IndyParts

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Ktown Indiana
    Classifying yourself as a beginner, what percentage did you shoot? 50-60, 60-70,70-80, 80%+ ?

Marion County Fish and Game Association, Indianapolis, Indiana
    It's off Crawfordsville Rd., just west of I-465 and just east of Girls School Rd. on South side of road.
    Cost is $4.00 per round plus a $2 per night fee if you are not a member. You don't have to be a member or guest to shoot trap, Friday Nite Steel or Bowling pins.
    Hope you can make it out. I think you will enjoy. There are all classes of shooters, form beginers like me to some really good handicap shooters. You will shoot with those of similar skill level as the handicap guys have their own thing going.
    PM me if you want to meet up on Thursday night. I know it is not so much fun to show up and not know anyone.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    To IndyParts:
    I'm in the 50--60% range. My best round was 19 or 25. I use a plane jane Mossberg 500, 28" full choke. The low scores are my fault, not the gun. If I follow the basics it will powder them every time. No fancy ammo either. Get mine at Dicks, on sale. Currently they are offering Remington target shells @ $5.97 a box if you buy in cases of 10. Additional mail in rebate of $1.00 per box. That makes a round cost $4.97 for shells plus $4.00 entry = $8.97. An evening of 3 rounds is about $27.00. Not that expensive and very relaxing. Lots of guys shooting your typical unting guns. Hope to see you there.

Top Bottom