• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K9Bass

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    NWI
    (I hope this is in the right place since it covers more then one subject, In my mind anyways)

Hello!!
    Well, I've been reading on here for a while and trying to read all I possibly can about the subject, (I could probably try a lil harder) but I was thinking about attending one of the Izaak Walton Leagure meetings here in Griffith Indiana. Mainly I just want to try out the trap shooting there and maybe the occasional early morning fishing on the weekends.
    Main reason for the post is to ask any current or formal members that are here on INGO, About the Place. Anything I should bring? Should I just show up? Times perhaps (Didn't seem to see it on the website)? As far as the trap shooting go, any thing to bring? Anything i'm missing here?
    Please excuse the ignorance on the subject I was practically born this morning when it comes Trap in general, for that matter pretty much anything outdoor-sy, And shotguns just picked up my first shotty Mossberg 500. nothing fancy, but any recommendations as far as extras for it when it comes to Trap and possibly hunting!?

Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated,
    Thank You
    K9!!

Jhumpal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    I don't know about Isaac Walton, I've thought about checking it out myself, but you might want to check out oakwood gun club in wheatfield. It's less than an hour from merrilleville and offers trap, skeet, and sporting clays. Personally, I love the sporting clay ranges over trap, and they are very resonable. All you need to bring is your gun. They have ammo and anything else you need onsite.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    it's been a few years since i've been there, but if i remember correctly, it was always on thursday evenings. just show up with a gun, shells, and the fee.

BIGKAT9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Valpo.
    Ill try to answer this,trap is thrown from a house that you stand behind an shoot 25 targets from 5 different stations in a sort of semi circle5 shots each station,Ihave never shot skeet ,but it involves targets going right to left ,left to right in front of you from 2 houses .Sporting clays usually have a number of stands set up on a course, the ones that i have shot had 8 to10 usually 2 target thrown at each station some at same time others have 2nd launched after report of 1st shot.Sporting clays try to offer shots that would be taken if hunting,flushing quail,running rabbit etc. clays comming at you The course is 100 shots hope this helps

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    You don't have to be a member to shoot trap there. Just show up n a Thursday night and pay for the rounds you want to shoot. Make sure you have a shell holder for your belt to put your box of shells in and don't forget your ear plugs

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    You don't have to be a member to shoot trap there. Just show up n a Thursday night and pay for the rounds you want to shoot. Make sure you have a shell holder for your belt to put your box of shells in and don't forget your ear plugs

+1

I shot trap there in the 90's and always had a good time. They were always a good bunch of men. They ran the program casual, but safe and efficient.

Don't be afraid to identify yourself as new to the game and someone will look out for you and keep you out of trouble. Remember, Shotgun ALWAYS unloaded, Action ALWAYS open, unless it is your turn to shoot. load one shell at a time and never "sweep" anyone with the muzzle.

Have fun.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Ill try to answer this,trap is thrown from a house that you stand behind an shoot 25 targets from 5 different stations in a sort of semi circle5 shots each station,Ihave never shot skeet ,but it involves targets going right to left ,left to right in front of you from 2 houses .Sporting clays usually have a number of stands set up on a course, the ones that i have shot had 8 to10 usually 2 target thrown at each station some at same time others have 2nd launched after report of 1st shot.Sporting clays try to offer shots that would be taken if hunting,flushing quail,running rabbit etc. clays comming at you The course is 100 shots hope this helps

Thanks for the answer. Sending a rep your way.

Top Bottom