• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    At Plainfield Shooting Supplies on Saturday, I had trouble with jams and racking the slide. The slide on the Diamondback doesn't lock open which also made it difficult for me to clear the jams, especially with smaller hands.

I also found out that I was overcharged for the DB9 by about $100 at another local dealer, not too happy about that, especially when trading it in after shooting only 25 rounds.

I am excited to shoot my first revolver next weekend though! :D

PaulKersey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Evansville
    Trade

I'm not sure on the price variation in Indy shops as I am located in Evansville. However, that was a wise trade to make. I think the revolver is always a better choice than the latest, unproven micro semiauto.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I find one needs to do a thorough search on price before making a purchase. There are dealers out here ready to skin you if you do not. Impulse buyers are at risk. If you find an exceptional gun shop stick with them. A lot are like car dealers in my opinion.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Don't know (or care...not to be callous, I promise) what you paid for the DB or what you got in trade on it...

But a S&W 638 is a HUGE improvement over the DB. Vast improvement.

-J-

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    PSS is a good shop to trade with if you are not wanting to do a personal sale, and I always check PSS on price before buying elsewhere. They often have the best pricing.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Bob always treated me right when I lived just up the street from his shop. He still treats me right when I drive there from Evansville. Yes, it is worth the trip.

wiseinvestor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'm not sure it's out of place to ask, but I am curious what they said it was worth to them. I paid low to mid 3s for my DB9 I think. figure a dealer would give me 2 or 2 fifty. Not that I want to sell it. Rookie and don't know all the lines here so ...
    Thanks

Glockshooter149

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    nice job on the new revolver. I have the DB9 and had the same problem you had. It turned out it was a defective spring in the magazine. I got to switch out the mag with a new one and no more problems. I was in the same boat though when I was having the problem, was looking at the same wheel gun you got.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The 638 is a nice little pistol, though I am really old school and like a hammer, lie the 637. I realize the 638 has a shrouded one.......

you can't go wrong with a S&W wheel gun!!!!! :)

Top Bottom