• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    well the ONLY reason for me is because they have the authority to end my freedom. thats why I have the right to remain silent. so see even the law recognizes the need for pause or distrust.

The right to remain silent is a right that is derived from the 5th amendment, which exists to prevent one from being forced to incriminate themselves. If one has done nothing wrong and committed no criminal act, although the right to remain silent still exists, how exactly will they incriminate themselves?

There are enough real "bad guys" out there to keep all of the past, present, and future cops plenty busy. I would not be overly concerned with cops trying to hem people up on bogus charges based on things that they said or didn't say.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The right to remain silent is a right that is derived from the 5th amendment, which exists to prevent one from being forced to incriminate themselves.
    Agreed...

If one has done nothing wrong and committed no criminal act, although the right to remain silent still exists, how exactly will they incriminate themselves?
    You had me till here...

There are enough real "bad guys" out there to keep all of the past, present, and future cops plenty busy.
    And once again I agree...

I would not be overly concerned with cops trying to hem people up on bogus charges based on things that they said or didn't say.
    And once again you lost me...

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm just trying to add to the progress of the threads' purpose. Now, can this thread be closed?

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Agreed...

You had me till here...

And once again I agree...

And once again you lost me...

:laugh:

I think that there is a solid number of things that all sides disagree on. I also think that there is a greater number of things that we all agree on. It seems that we just have to come to terms with agreeing to disagree and doing our personal bests to keep things civil. The Mod staff should deal with trolls swiftly and justly, and things will be good.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    :laugh:

I think that there is a solid number of things that all sides disagree on. I also think that there is a greater number of things that we all agree on. It seems that we just have to come to terms with agreeing to disagree and doing our personal bests to keep things civil.
    I think for some of us, that are Veterans anyway, it is difficult to see the blind faith with which LEOs steep onto each other just because whomever has a badge as well. Crap man we do not even trust other Vets that walked the same damn sand as we did...

The Mod staff should deal with trolls swiftly and justly, and things will be good.
    Another thankless job I do NOT want... :ingo:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I think for some of us, that are Veterans anyway, it is difficult to see the blind faith with which LEOs steep onto each other just because whomever has a badge as well. Crap man we do not even trust other Vets that walked the same damn sand as we did...

Another thankless job I do NOT want... :ingo:

Read a couple posts up, I don't give another cop any blind faith just because he has a badge. Even if it's the same one I have. I am an FTO (Field Training Officer) and am all too familiar with the **** poor minimum training standards.

And for personal blind faith, well, I'd have to get to know someone personally before I put any kind of faith in them like that, cop, priest, judge, whatever they do....

EDIT: Found the post I referenced.

I do not give anyone "blind trust" maybe in a different day and age people gave trust, no questions asked. I simply start everyone off on a clean slate. Just because someone is a cop, they do not get any extra trust. Just because someone is a known criminal, they do not get any less trust. Everyone starts off at 0 or neutral with me. From that point trust is earned or lost on the individual basis.

I am simply saying that I don't see the reason to start off with distrust just because an individual is a cop.

Top Bottom