• ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    So.......
    If I agree with a false statement by not refuting it you'll be happy??
    Sounds kinda like you just don't want anyone to disagree with you. :dunno:

I have no problem with someone disagreeing. You and I will not agree on everything, but it doesn't mean we have to be at each other's throats 24/7. Your statement was reaching, but you know that.
    Ignoring a false statement is not the same as agreeing, but you know that too.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I have no problem with someone disagreeing. You and I will not agree on everything, but it doesn't mean we have to be at each other's throats 24/7. Your statement was reaching, but you know that.
    Ignoring a false statement is not the same as agreeing, but you know that too.
    Yup.
    I agree with that. :)

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    AGREED.

But, if someone on a different type of forum posted that all gun owners were psycho's, you would have a hard time ignoring that comment. If you see it once or twice, it's relatively easy to pass it by but, after seeing the same comment time and time again, it becomes harder and harder to pass it by.

You can see that almost daily on officer.com which is why I don't reply to them. It won't solve anything.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    You can see that almost daily on officer.com which is why I don't reply to them. It won't solve anything.

I am sincerely asking, what do you feel you have to gain from that forum? As an LEO, I am not a member of that forum and I cannot even recall the last time I went to their site. I simply feel I have nothing to gain from that forum and I do not go there.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Bashing is a harsh, gratuitous, prejudicial attack on a person, group or subject. Literally, bashing is a term meaning to hit or assault, but when it is used as a suffiz, or in conjunction with a noun indicating the subject being attacked, it is normally used to imply that the act is motivated by bigotry.

My problem with some people that seems to bash/complain about injustices is that's all they do. I've asked one member especially who was going on and on about a particular subject, what he was doing to change it. As usual my question was ignored.

I'm not sure how you would impliment this, but would there be a way to make available addresses, either physical or email, where you could write about an injustice you feel has happened or to praise a good incident you have experience/witnessed that involved an LEO?

The old saying the squecky wheel gets the oil is very true. If enough people would start expressing their opinions in a constructive way to the right people in authority to change what is perceived as wrong/unjust, then we can make a difference.

Posting on a forum just to spread the word about injustices and bad experiences gets nothing done except to let you rant and stir up others along with yourself. Be constructive and start changing what is wrong. Be pro-active not passive when it comes to changing our government back to the way it was intended.

That's my suggestion, though I'm not sure how it would be implimented. Thanks for listening.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I am sincerely asking, what do you feel you have to gain from that forum? As an LEO, I am not a member of that forum and I cannot even recall the last time I went to their site. I simply feel I have nothing to gain from that forum and I do not go there.

Honestly nothing. My intentions were to learn, I mean, they have "ask a cop" but I quickly figured out there was nothing to learn. Talk about bashing...

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Honestly nothing. My intentions were to learn, I mean, they have "ask a cop" but I quickly figured out there was nothing to learn. Talk about bashing...

Yeah, I can honestly say that I do not personally know any members of that site on a personal level. (That I am aware of).

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    My .02 - It's been a while since I read the FAQ's and forum rules, but I remember there being something about no religion talk and no revolution talk. People seem to have been pretty compliant with those rules - only the occasional reminder (threat) has been necessary.

Now, there has been some tolerance - i.e. discussions of various religious groups views toward violence, self defence, and guns - as long as there was no overt proselytizing. There have been discussions of issues within state and federal governance, calls to "vote the bastards out", etc. - as long as there was no outright call to arms.

Occasionally a poster will say something along the lines of "if I said what I think I'd get banned". Pretty sure we all know what they "think".

For the most part these types of posts have managed to remain civil. How about a requirement that we all keep it civil? Allow discussion of LE issues and specific cases, but keep it civil. Ban "bashing" and let it be a judgement call by the mods. We don't need a strict definition of "bashing" - I don't think we have any idiot members (although some occasionally act the part). If you're bashing you know it and should expect repercussions.

I'm not an LEO, and I have pretty thick skin, but it irritates the hell out of me to see all the bashing that goes on. I hope we can overcome it because LEO's are an important part of the INGO community as well as the community at large.

As far as a "meet and greet" goes, I'm normally a big fan of those, but for the purpose of bringing cops and cop bashers together I'm skeptical. I suspect there'd be at least one of the bashers that would be every bit as obnoxious in person as on the web. :twocents:

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    once again, the only "bashing" i see here are against the bad LEO's who blatently harm people or break the law. or I see the "bashing" of failed and bad police policies that we want changed. i will "bash" these 2 things all day long. if you dont bash them too then you need to go re-read your laws. seriously, people need to get some nuts. either speak up in the threads that you dont like (not just LEO's) or STFU and stop crying to the mods over nothing.

my solution? stop making this such a big deal. the majority of your members here support whats being discussed in the politics section, and some dont have the stomach to admit whats going on regarding any political subject so they just keep pulling either the D lever or the R lever and stay out of the political forums all together anyways and dont even know theres a disagreement until it gets posted in the break room. seriously the majority of the people I see complain are the ones i never see post ANYWHERE .

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    OK, I have only read about 3/4 through this thread. Therefore my apologies if it has already been said. BUT, I am thinking that limiting LEO related discussions to INDIANA LEOS and U.S. Supreme Court decisions that could affect the firearms community.

Most of the "bashing" threads that I have read seem to come from other states and they have little or nothing to so with being an "INdiana Gun Owner"

I know that there would still be some back and fourth between groups but, I think that limiting the discussion topics (as listed above) would greatly reduce the animosity between the groups to a tolerable level for all INGOers. :twocents:

In that case, any and all discussions should be related to Indiana and SCOTUS decisions ONLY. If that's the way that you want the board to operate, then fair is fair. :twocents:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I feel like the politics section of this site, has become the armpit of INGO. You do not see that kind of negativity anywhere else on this forum. I would be in favor of anything to help relieve the tension between the LEO community and the tinfoil hat brigade, but the biggest offenders I have seen on here have made it clear in this thread, that they want no part in it. It's easy to spout discourse and hate behind the anonymity of a keyboard, and I really don't know what the solution is. The simplest solution would be to act like adults and live by VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk, but Im sure that's too much to ask for some members.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I would say that threads such as "Philadelphia Police Beat Man in Wheelchair" could happen in Indiana. However, I would also say that they have nothing to do with being an Indiana gun owner.

I would also say that a thread that updates SCOTUS decision involcing a case in Dallas in which police arrested a LTCH holder for brandishing a weapon, could have everything to do with being an Indiana gun owner.

But, if rules were implemented similar to the one's I suggested, it would not be up to me.

Status update threads, deep fried Koop aid balls, Ryan Dunn killing himself in a fiery crash, and the majority of other posts on INGO have nothing to do with Indiana or gun ownership but this same complaint is never brought up there. This argument is nothing more than asking for the ban of Leo talk all together. If that's what you want, just say it. Otherwise, it's just disinguine.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    In that case, any and all discussions should be related to Indiana and SCOTUS decisions ONLY. If that's the way that you want the board to operate, then fair is fair. :twocents:
    +1 Patriot. Tried to point this out earlier and even attempted to give examples of why some topics outside the state may be of some use to others to officer kick but the reply I got then was that he wanted to be selective in applying this to only certain topics that he did'nt approve of.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I apologize to the LEO's who help little old ladies with kittens in a tree. BUT, if you dont want to be lumped in with the ones who ruin the image of the "police officer", then clean your own house. I dont hate cops, dont twist it to make it sound like it. I hate the poor example, of what an admirable position in society has become.

Again, if you dont want to be bashed about what your fellow officers are doing to tarnish the profession, remove the cancer.

I dont care what profession we come up with, teacher, carpenter, mechanic, whatever, if they do a crappy job and it turns into a thread on INGO, if your a teacher or carpenter, or mechanic, dont take it personal.
    What do you mean? I'm on the lowest rung of the department...I'm just a lowly beat cop. In 14yrs, I have not been a part nor have I witnessed "bad cop" behavior. So what house can I clean up? I work with good people and we do good things out here. So can I and my co workers be excluded from this pig pile?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Status update threads, deep fried Koop aid balls, Ryan Dunn killing himself in a fiery crash, and the majority of other posts on INGO have nothing to do with Indiana or gun ownership but this same complaint is never brought up there. This argument is nothing more than asking for the ban of Leo talk all together. If that's what you want, just say it. Otherwise, it's just disinguine.
    Not to mention the infamous "poop steak" thread which by the way if I recall happened in japan. Seems to me that a dissusion about bad LEO's or bad LE policies in any part of the country would be more pertinent to Indiana Gun owners than that "crap" (pun intended)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    What do you mean? I'm on the lowest rung of the department...I'm just a lowly beat cop. In 14yrs, I have not been a part nor have I witnessed "bad cop" behavior. So what house can I clean up? I work with good people and we do good things out here. So can I and my co workers be excluded from this pig pile?

Come on Denny, man up dude. Just like you are expected to clean up your local department, I am sure all of these guys take full responsibility for the behavior of other gun owners or at the very least all of their fellow INGOers.

Top Bottom