• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My son in law has bought two cars through carvana. From what I gather from him, he’s been happy with both. I believe on both occasions they brought the car to him on a rollback, and did the paperwork right there in the driveway.

Reactions: DCR

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Sketchy dealings in other states but i believe in Indiana those issues do not exist. Things like titles to you in the time frame required...

As far as the cars I havent heard anything bad. Or nothing more than any other reputable place.

L C H

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2022
    Bedford
    Just browsing their inventory, prices seem really high to me.

A guy at work bought a car for his stepdaughter from Carvana, I think it turned out to be an OK car but had a lot of non-disclosed cosmetic damage that had been covered with touch up paint.

I’ve bought cars sight-unseen from auctions when it was an absolute steal, I would personally never spend a lot without a thorough inspection first though. I guess you don’t have to accept the car they bring, but at that point it sounds like a lot of hassle.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Just browsing their inventory, prices seem really high to me.

A guy at work bought a car for his stepdaughter from Carvana, I think it turned out to be an OK car but had a lot of non-disclosed cosmetic damage that had been covered with touch up paint.

I’ve bought cars sight-unseen from auctions when it was an absolute steal, I would personally never spend a lot without a thorough inspection first though. I guess you don’t have to accept the car they bring, but at that point it sounds like a lot of hassle.
    They have a 7 day free return policy. CarMax is better on that. But Carvana seems to be proud of their autos.. until they have been sitting on their lot for a bit. Quick and methodical drops in price if it isn't moving...

DCR

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    In 2016 I bought a truck at Carmax and couldn't be happier. Yesterday I sold that truck to Carvana and again couldn't be happier. Easy peasy. Their offer was 25% higher than Carmax. The exchange took 20 minutes in my driveway. I have never been a buyer with Carvana.
    I bought my new truck at a dealer and I could give you a dealer ashhole list as well as several horror stories.
    My last two cars I bought sight unseen, over the phone, with a credit card. I am now done buying/selling forever, I hope.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Some info from a thread a couple years ago....

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Our Neighbor got one from carvanna. The man is not a car guy or a mechanical person. He said it was pretty much a trouble free experience. People said he paid too much, but he feels the ease of not having to run around and talk to a bunch of slimy car lots was worth the extra, and they had the exact model he was looking to buy.

I would still be nervous about buying a car I could not look at first.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    One personal and one 1st-person-once-removed experience here.

Almost 2 years ago now we were looking to sell our old Kia van. Carvana was going to offer like $300 for it. Carmax offered $1300 or $1400. So I sold to them.

After my dad died, his wife sold his Buick Enclave to Carvana because they offered her a right decent amount AND she didn't have to muck with any hassle in taking it anywhere to sell. They came, inspected, cut her the check, and took the Enclave.

For me, though... not being able to physically inspect a vehicle first gives me the heebie jeebies.

Top Bottom