• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hip shot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Does anybody know why there are no shotgunners on the show.....

Crossbow, Bow and arrow, and no shotguns?

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I have only seen a few episodes, so I didn't realize they were not using shotguns. That seems like a large part of the shooting sports to leave out.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Show is not over yet, I'm sure that they will have a shotgun episode at some point.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Are any of the contestants shotgunners?

Maybe the producers subscribe to the idea that shotguns launch a wall of death* and therefore shotgunners are not really suited for a marksmanship competition.

*wall of death - the theoretical, initial four foot diameter space that begins about one inch away from the shotgun muzzle and moves downrange with the pellets in an ever expanding cone of death and destruction.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    'Cause the show is called "Top Shot" not "Kill Everyone within 10 yards with your first and only shot" :D

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    'Cause the show is called "Top Shot" not "Kill Everyone within 10 yards with your first and only shot" :D

That's exactly what I was saying (rather sarcastically) the producers must have been thinking. I wonder if they realize they put sights on those things (shotguns) for a reason.

Of course I am assuming / speculating that they consciously excluded shotgunners. Who knows? ... maybe Tom Knapp and Tim Bradley had something else going on the day they asked them.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    You could have probably asked this question in the thread "History Channel Top Shot" and have one of the contastants who is a member of INGO telling you about it :twocents:

Perhaps when I mod takes a look they can merge this thread with the other one.

Top Bottom