• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ptt811

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, IN
    YES ! I was just going to put up a post then I saw this one. Been in there 3 times now and bought a Ruger SR 40c off them. Very pleased with the people, not pushy at all and will take the time to talk to you even when they are very Busy. They have several guns and some AMMO. Mostly hand guns but are doing very well on long guns as they are building inventory. That must take a boat load of cash to build the inventory LOL....any glad to see a good gun shop in Terre Haute.

brobers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    It used to be open in the old Ellis building that sat at this same location back in the mid-90's. I bought a Glock off of them back in '96. Lots of AR, AK, and handguns. I was looking for a shotgun but most of their stuff seems to be HD oriented.

ILFarmer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2012
    EC IL
    Just bought a Savage Axis in .308 from Top Guns. Great people to deal with! I will definitely continue to do business there.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I remember them back from the '90s. Very nice folks. I special ordered a Marlin 1895 Guide in .45-70 from them. Still got the bruise to prove it :)

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I've been in there a couple of times when in TH here this past month or so. Haven't had any extra moneys to purchase, but they seem like really great folk to work with.

Oresti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    I'm going to have to stop in tomorrow and check this place out. Heard a radio advertisement this morning for Top Guns and it said they had over 100 AR's in stock! That is quite an inventory. Anyone know who owns the place?

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I'm going to have to stop in tomorrow and check this place out. Heard a radio advertisement this morning for Top Guns and it said they had over 100 AR's in stock! That is quite an inventory. Anyone know who owns the place?

One of the Ellis brothers owns the shop. I'm not sure of his name, but it's not Mike or Kal.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    to be honest I know he's (Steve) an Ellis, but Im not sure that they are blood brothers.

He is a nice guy though.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    to be honest I know he's (Steve) an Ellis, but Im not sure that they are blood brothers.

He is a nice guy though.

You may be correct. I do know that he's related somehow. OP, no matter how you feel about his family the owner has treated me quite well. The shop has fair prices and is one of the only shops with a moderately well stocked inventory locally. You should definitely stop by.

stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute
    Was down on the South end running errands today so I thought that I would stop in and give it a look. Finally a place really close with an actual selection! They were super cool, let me wander around and soak it all in. Engaged in small talk. Super nice guys. Ended up walking out of there with an LCR I didn't plan on buying. Will def head there before looking elsewhere.

MedicMonty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    Terre Haute
    First time in there today - very impressed. Lots of knowledge, everyone there is friendly and low pressure. combined, they probably showed me 30 guns and I made it clear before I started I wasn't there to spend any money on this visit. Would highly recommend!

jasonville43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Jasonville, Indiana
    Great guys I have bought two guns there and have another in layaway! On our last trip to the store we were picking up the wifes new Mossberg 500 20 gauge and we started talking about there grand opening event in August. As we talked they found out I own a little catering outfit called Smokin' Dick's BBQ and they invited me to set up!!

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Great guys I have bought two guns there and have another in layaway! On our last trip to the store we were picking up the wifes new Mossberg 500 20 gauge and we started talking about there grand opening event in August. As we talked they found out I own a little catering outfit called Smokin' Dick's BBQ and they invited me to set up!!

Nice free plug for your catering business!:twocents:

Top Bottom