• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Yup, saw that article online. I`m a Glock fan to be sure, and although I love the .45 acp as a defensive weapon, I get that it`s hard to carry and adequately conceal. My Glock 21 is impossible to conceal, even my Glock 30 is tough to hide with my DeSantis IWB holster. So, for concealed carry, many times I default to my Glock 42 in the pitiful .380 cartridge. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE me some Glocks.

creekside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2016
    Northern Indiana
    Anyone have any experience with an FNS 9mm compact and/or the Baretta PX4 Storm compact? I've been looking at both of these models. I've shot each one and like them both. Anything that I should be aware of before purchasing?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    A bit misleading on the G19, Gen 4 did come out in 2010, but the G19 went into production in what, 1988? Still selling Gen 3s today too.

Ben Nelson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corner of Walk & Dont Walk
    Anyone have any experience with an FNS 9mm compact and/or the Baretta PX4 Storm compact? I've been looking at both of these models. I've shot each one and like them both. Anything that I should be aware of before purchasing?

I've owned an FNS 9c for over a year. It comes with three mags (a couple of 12s and a 17-rounder). Night sights and thumb safety are options. The FNS 9c replaced a Glock 19 as my EDC. I shoot it as well as the G19, it conceals better than the 19, and has better stock sights.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    "Let's take a look back at the five top selling handguns of the year, as listed by Gunbroker.com, and what they tell us about today's American firearm market."

Does that tell us anything?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The statistics were obtained through Gunbroker.com, so it's hard to say what the new gun sales were. I didn't see any criteria on how the filtered the data, but if it's just a listing of the 5 top guns on Gunbroker, then it could mean that those 5 are the guns people got rid of the most in 2016. It's all in how you look at the data. If a gun sucks so much that the average owner sells it after a month, then you could either say that the gun is a POS and is most likely to be sold, or you could say that it's one of the best and is 12 times more popular than some others.

I simply don't trust reports that do not clearly define how they used the data and a report that's gleaned solely from one source is often inaccurate.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Oh, I should have mentioned that I own and love my Sig P938 but cannot imagine it being one of the top sellers out there. Not at the $650 something they tend to cost. Great gun, but more of a niche market gun.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    The statistics were obtained through Gunbroker.com, so it's hard to say what the new gun sales were. I didn't see any criteria on how the filtered the data, but if it's just a listing of the 5 top guns on Gunbroker, then it could mean that those 5 are the guns people got rid of the most in 2016. It's all in how you look at the data. If a gun sucks so much that the average owner sells it after a month, then you could either say that the gun is a POS and is most likely to be sold, or you could say that it's one of the best and is 12 times more popular than some others.

I simply don't trust reports that do not clearly define how they used the data and a report that's gleaned solely from one source is often inaccurate.

GB separates top 5 guns sold in new and used form. The list is new.

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Oh, I should have mentioned that I own and love my Sig P938 but cannot imagine it being one of the top sellers out there. Not at the $650 something they tend to cost. Great gun, but more of a niche market gun.

This may be true, but I am pretty sure Sig claims that this is their top-selling gun overall. As you say, I love mine whether they sell 5 or sell 10 million, I am not parting with mine any time soon!

Top Bottom