• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    New to reloading and I just finished building my bench. My reloading bench is in the basement and my workbench is the garage. I really don't want to keep running up and down the stairs. So what tools do you keep at your workbench if you bench is separate from your workbench?

bassmatt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2009
    Marshal County
    I keep allen wrenches,mic,pliers,cresent wrench small flashlight.(to check powder in caseings)A can of air to keep the press clean and a broom to sweep the floor.
    Matt

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Looking at that it doesn't read as I meant it. The hemostats I use when I load on my Dillon 650. They make it easier to reach in and remove cases from the sizing station when the need arises. I don't use them for opening boxes.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    While we are on the subject, would like to find some sort of small light that I could direct to help me look at the powder level before inserting a bullet. Maybe even an LED thing.
    Anybody done this? No thread jack intended.

Oh - maybe not really tools but have played around with stuff laying about in order to get brass and bullets placed so that hand movement is minimal and natural feeling when you are rocking on getting the rounds out. You can buy bullet trays and etc to do the same thing but a bit of experimenting may let you find something that works better for free.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I just have plenty of light in the area that I plan on doing my reloading (press arrives tomorrow). If I need to, I'll take a DC transformer and rig up some home-made LED lighting :).

DBCooper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Kokomo
    Havent reloaded in a long time. Is it worth going to electronic scales? Have only loaded pistol cartridges, are more dies needed in doing .223? Thanks.

Top Bottom