• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I took Aidan (he'll be 7 in 2 weeks) to Atterbury this morning to shoot a handgun (P22) for the first time. He had shot a .22 rifle on several occasions and does alright with it. I put 2 rounds in the magazine and loaded it for him. He took the first shot, turned and looked at me and shook his head no. A little part of me was crushed that he wasn't going to enjoy this. He then told me "it pushes my hands too much, I want to shoot the rifle.". He then took the second shot. I put two more in and loaded it for him. He shot those and was ready for two more. He was shooting at a blank piece of the white plastic at 50 feet since we got there at the beginning of the live range. He was shooting way low and hitting the bottom of the dirt pile every shot. Well I realized he was pushing the gun down in anticipation of the kick and putting the bullet way low. I explained that he needed to breathe and squeeze nice and slow and on his 10th shot, he hit about four inches below center of the white board. I showed him the hit and his eyes lit up and he was hooked.

The next cease fire came and we hung a few shoot n see targets at 7 yards. He started out hitting the target 1/5 tries. His other shots were mostly within 2 inches of the outer edge of the 8" round targets. By the end of the day he wa hitting about 6/10 and his other 4 were within a half inch of the edge of the target. All in all, he had a blast and loved shooting the p22 and he wanted to shoot my buddy's sig sauer .380. Lol. We told him he had to wait a little while before he could shoot that one.

3f1cb842.jpg

After 4 or 5 magazines with 5 rounds

c0c2a09d.jpg

Happy dude

00a16e9d.jpg

We got the rifle out and bumped back to the 50 foot mark. He was on his game out there. He put his 3rd shot through his first hole almost exactly.*

0f745d0d.jpg

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Love the haircut, I told my boys they could get Mohawks but they both chickened out

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    We did it the first time as his mom was boarding a cruise ship and sent her a picture text. She was pissed something fierce and I'm pretty sure it ate at her for a little bit the whole trip. :). Now it has kind of grown on her as long as he does his hair and she doesn't have to mess with it.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    We were there from ~10:30-1:20. I kind of lost track of time. We had a soccer game back up in Indy at 2:15. We made it just in time. Lol. We will be back in the future. He loved it.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I finally figured out YouTube. Here's a video of him shooting the P22

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THkCxXzmyJo&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - Aidan - P22[/ame]

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :rockwoot: Very awesome!!!! Good job getting the next generation involved in shooting. I cant wait till my son is old enough for the range. Congrats and keep up the good work.

Top Bottom