• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • r.gray87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Columbus
    I had a friend tell me that he was denied a firearms purchase at the Gander Mountain in Greenwood because he has "bought too many guns" recently.

I'm not sure if he's serious or not. Is this for real? I did a quick search and found nothing, but I'm sure I could have looked longer.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I had a friend tell me that he was denied a firearms purchase at the Gander Mountain in Greenwood because he has "bought too many guns" recently.

I'm not sure if he's serious or not. Is this for real? I did a quick search and found nothing, but I'm sure I could have looked longer.

I'd say it's not possible, and that your friend is making it up.

Because who could possibly buy too many guns when shopping at Gander Mountain? A normal person would go bankrupt exclusively getting guns from them!

:P

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    It was just an Obama/Pelosi intervention. :tinfoil: Obviously your friend has a very bad gun buying addiction. :nuts: All that money that your friend spent on guns :spend: should have went to new taxes to help pay for Obamacare. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!! :drama:

There is a simple an easy cure, your friend must give away all guns, ammo, and any other gun related items. I am willing to rent a Uhaul (if necessary) to come haul away the objects of his sickness.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Your friend's purchase could have been help up for further review and the guy at GM chose to make something up. :dunno:

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    There is a thing as to many guns sometimes, I had a visit from the atf, never denied, but they did show up. I had won an auction for 26 pistols, and an AR pistol, that many handguns will get you a visit. Also they will give you a few months to sell them off, I still had all but 4 of them, and they were pretty surprised.

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Too many? No

Might he have bought one a few days earlier?
    You have to wait 5 (?) days to purchase another one or fill out more paperwork. Like getting multiple pistols on the same day.

It's in the regulations which I'm not going to look up. To Lazy. :D

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Too many? No

Might he have bought one a few days earlier?
    You have to wait 5 (?) days to purchase another one or fill out more paperwork. Like getting multiple pistols on the same day.

It's in the regulations which I'm not going to look up. To Lazy. :D
    Wrong.

I used to work at Gander Mountain, so here is my guess as to what happened:
    Your friend got delayed by NICS.

He asked the clerk why he was delayed.

The clerk probably said, "I don't know. Maybe you have bought too many guns recently."

The clerk then handed him a brochure with the NICS telephone number on it.

Your friend was confused and then tells you he was delayed for buying too many guns.

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    This last one is my guess. The NICS computer for whatever reason (it happens) kicked his app out and the clerk made up the rest. If he did not hear from NICS in what is it, seven days (?), they could then sell him the gun. But with demand what it is they know they can sell it so why offer any help to the guy.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there

<<<<<< So he bought one too many guns. I thought it was only your wife that told you that:D

r.gray87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Columbus
    Wrong.

I used to work at Gander Mountain, so here is my guess as to what happened:
    Your friend got delayed by NICS.

He asked the clerk why he was delayed.

The clerk probably said, "I don't know. Maybe you have bought too many guns recently."

The clerk then handed him a brochure with the NICS telephone number on it.

Your friend was confused and then tells you he was delayed for buying too many guns.

This sounds most likely. I know he has purchased more than a couple this year, but I wasn't under the impression that there was a restriction on the number.

Thanks for the answers. My wife and my bank account are the only people who should be allowed to tell me when enough is enough. I was curious if it was a store policy or a problem with him.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    This sounds most likely. I know he has purchased more than a couple this year, but I wasn't under the impression that there was a restriction on the number.

Thanks for the answers. My wife and my bank account are the only people who should be allowed to tell me when enough is enough. I was curious if it was a store policy or a problem with him.

There is no limit on how frequently you can purchase firearms. Supposedly NICS will delay someone if they start buying a bunch, but that isn't always the case. Sometimes it seems as if people get delays for absolutely no reason.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    There is a thing as to many guns sometimes, I had a visit from the atf, never denied, but they did show up. I had won an auction for 26 pistols, and an AR pistol, that many handguns will get you a visit. Also they will give you a few months to sell them off, I still had all but 4 of them, and they were pretty surprised.

Give you a few months to sell them off?

I'm not sure I understand. They wanted you to sell them? or they were letting you sell them?

You let BATFE inside your home?

Top Bottom