• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    the first time i carried in our local walmart here in columbus i was followed as well, and the manager asked me why i was carrying. i kinda laughed and told him the 2nd amendment gives me the right. im also an mp and was wearing my MP hoody and had my badge on me and he still insisted i cc I just covered it up and kept shopping. it doesnt take long to move the jacket to get to it if needed but something about OC just makes me feel better sometimes.

Not a good idea to be mixing your .Mil MP life with your personal life. I know several( now former) Navy Master At Arms that did that in Florida and got in a lot of trouble with their commands and the local Civi Police. Excellent way to ruin a career.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    only issues i have ever had was once a guy at d i c k s said "aren't you supposed to conceal that" as he pointed at my taurus handle hanging out of my pocket i smiled and said "nope":rockwoot:

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I CC OWB, and usually print like a mofo. Nothing wrong with OC, just not my thing. The OP, in my opinion, handled this situation well. Even though his rights may have been violated; NOW he knows, and this thread has educated many of us, including myself. It only drills into the skull that, we, as gun owners need to be on top of the laws and be able to comply when necessary, and diplomatically educate LEO on the truth. It made me angry reading the situation, and if speaking with the local Chief doesn't get LEO educated, perhaps a well organized OC event at the local Wally Martinez has merit. Just remember, in doing so, media could be involved.... they could you look like a rapist pedophile murderer after you rescued 7 drowning puppies belonging to the pope from certain death. Choose your battles my friends.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I smell a Democrat.

Not quite, I just wanted to say that a knee-jerk reaction to this would be a poor choice. Educate yourself, do your homework, know the law thoroughly, before you try to make a statement. I'm not at all implying you don't know the laws, but some may not. I'm all for the 2nd, but we need to be armed mentally as well as mechanically.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Perhaps, but this store is not following that policy...this has been proven. Until a response from corporate is obtained stating the the store in question will be educated on the corporate policy, any knowing OC-er going into the store is clearly going to be asked to leave and have the cops called on them...I would call this causing trouble(for the store, the police, and my tax dollars) where not necessary.

This store will call the cops on you and have you removed, this has been proven. This is causing trouble and wasting police resources that would be much better served tracking down real criminals, and not dealing with your little protest of this store's policies.

This is not about WM fearing your OC, it is about them being mis-guided about corporate policies. This is also about the police being mis-informed about state law. Going back to WM to OC will do nothing to correct WM or the Police errors. Your avenue here is a political one until it gets sorted out. Then feel free to OC in WM all you want to try and make them realize whatever you want.

So, according to you, a law abiding citizen that holds a LTCH should just bow down and roll over if your rights are being trampled on right?

Small steps like this to infringe on our rights is what led to Great Britain, Canada and Australia's citizens losing their rights to own handguns and rifles because no one would stand up to fight for them.

I guess that tomorrow when you walk into Wal-Mart and you tell the cashier that you'd like a item in a different bag and she goes SSSSHHHH.....:nono:, you are not allowed to talk in this store, that you'll just let them take your 1st amendment right away also.:dunno:

People will not learn or be corrected unless someone, somebody or a group makes the effort to inform or correct an individual or organization of the rights that are bestowed to them according to law.

Chow40cal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Olympia
    no. the army doesnt even issue MP badges to MPs. you buy them at kiosks at the px in ft leonard wood.

You might want to be an MP, or some sort of military before you open your mouth there High Speed...Badges are issued, with serial numbers, and carry Federal authority.

Not a good idea to be mixing your .Mil MP life with your personal life. I know several( now former) Navy Master At Arms that did that in Florida and got in a lot of trouble with their commands and the local Civi Police. Excellent way to ruin a career.

That all depends on your scope of authority and responsibilities, as some MP's are even requested/required to carry 24/7. You can always split hairs, but any MP, off duty or not, is going to carry direct authority over any member of the Armed Forces. If he chooses to display his badge outside of duty, it's a smart way to keep the younger and less disciplined soldiers in his vicinity in check. That goes, especially, when he is shopping on base, or nearby a military installation.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Not quite, I just wanted to say that a knee-jerk reaction to this would be a poor choice. Educate yourself, do your homework, know the law thoroughly, before you try to make a statement. I'm not at all implying you don't know the laws, but some may not. I'm all for the 2nd, but we need to be armed mentally as well as mechanically.
    You were not the subject of that remark.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    LCP, it's a mixed bag, thus the responses.

On one hand, a few around here argue that any attention from the public or LEO by a firearm owner is negative attention. Stay peaceful, stay quiet, don't rock the boat in any way.

On the other hand, a few argue that, like the gay community, "don't rock the boat" kept their issues from being heard and considered. Not until there were gay pride parades, get togethers, public displays, did the movement for acceptance gain any ground.

Sometimes the over-the-top "in your face" instinct is too strong to deny and it gets verbalized.

That gives me an idea. We should all organize a "gun-pride" parade, but dress up like a bunch of gays. I bet it would get lots of attention.

Note: this comment is meant to be humorous for those of you who are slow to catch on.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Sorry, I was out at Wal-Mart scaring people. :D

Well at least someone has the
    thumbnail.aspx
    to do it. :D

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I got
    thumbnail.aspx
    can I play also? :D

Yes it is therapeutic.
    For those of you who are afraid that you will scare others, how are you helping them by hiding your gun?
    If you really cared for your fellow citizens you would help them overcome this irrational fear.
    Instead you choose to enable them to be the scared sheep they are. It is very selfish of you to hide your weapons. :D

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i wouldnt have let the cop grab my wallet! this is a free country and you are a free citizen until you break the law. which you had not done. the cop had no right to put her hands in your pocket or go through your wallet!! id be calling for illegal search. knowledge is power and the only way to make sure your rights are not violated. a lot of police are good cops, some are bad and could care less about what the constitution or state law says except when it allows them to meet their quotta! Good for you that you kept shopping and didnt allow someones rediculous attempt to intimidate you work! CHEERS!

Top Bottom