• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rc5699

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    It's a good car. Extremely nimble in skilled hands. Can be "legoed" almost as much as an AR. ;) Also with it's balance and excellent suspension straight from the factory it's a surprisingly good snow car so long as one has bona-fide snow tires on it ("all season radials" are not adequate) and don't try to drive through snow deeper than your ground clearance. (I've done it, but it's not fun.)

They look like they would be a lot of fun. Have you put a turbo on yours? A co worker I had a long time ago had one of the first body style. And he did a bunch of work to the suspension on it, and he trailers it to a few states doing races with it every year. When I knew the guy and worked with him he was competitive and claimed to place or win at a lot of the races. But who knows now.

It kinda surprised me to learn but I guess miata racing is really popular. I got maybe 5 payments till my car is paid off. So my wife is going batty wanting a new body style miata or an eclipse. It's funny she currently drives a big *** 7 passenger van (we have four kids) and she is wanting to go to the opposite extreme and get something that's tiny.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    You might want to be an MP, or some sort of military before you open your mouth there High Speed...Badges are issued, with serial numbers, and carry Federal authority.

That all depends on your scope of authority and responsibilities, as some MP's are even requested/required to carry 24/7. You can always split hairs, but any MP, off duty or not, is going to carry direct authority over any member of the Armed Forces. If he chooses to display his badge outside of duty, it's a smart way to keep the younger and less disciplined soldiers in his vicinity in check. That goes, especially, when he is shopping on base, or nearby a military installation.

Ive spent 6 yrs as a MP and was never once issued a badge at all, i did buy one from the PX at fort lost in the woods a while back after i graduated AIT and had my arms room number engraved into it but that badge has no power what so ever off post especially here in indiana. It actually states this in the regs if one were to look as we had to go pick up one of the soldiers in my unit from the local lock up who tried to arrest someone using that badge off post.

now in response to the walmart part, this is sad and scary to hear at the same time. I went to a middle school here in indiana that not only did the DARE and GREAT programs but also did a 3 week gun safety course taught by a retired sheriff in place of 3 weeks of health class where every student was able to handle a weapon safely and this was right around the Columbine Shootings in 99 and that school still teaches it to this day. Maybe instead of teaching the DARE program that has been proven not to work, the schools should teach gun safety and responsibility as a way to mass educate people.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Maybe it was just what my Police training taught me. I know a lot of officers and not a single one of them open carries while off duty.

I do, fwiw. I carry open and concealed, depends on what I'm doing. Carried those ways before I became a cop, too.

eta: I know a lot of cops that get in the left-hand lane and drive 20mph over the posted speed limit when they're off-duty, too.

Last edited:

.fourfive

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    bloomington, IN
    hahaha, now im convinced. comie pinko fag it is.

The one on the far right...that's a camo pinky... ;)

012510_camo.jpg

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    Maybe it was just what my Police training taught me. I know a lot of officers and not a single one of them open carries while off duty.

What exactly does this have to do with the price of tea in China ???? :dunno::dunno::dunno:

This thread is worse than the energizer bunny.........if/when folks choose to OC they are morally and legally entitled to do so. All you OC haters need to get over it. Its NOT hurting the RTKBA, it doesn't make gun owners look bad, etc, etc, etc.

rc5699

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    And you know what's best??

When did I say I did??

I also never said I could read the thoughts of every single human being that has ever seen someone legally carrying their hand gun in the open.

Legal or illegal wrong or right, it still freaks some people out. If it didn't would this thread had been started?

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    The fact that you wear a cross offends me and freaks me out, please cover it up.
    The fact that you have tattoos offends me and freaks me out, please cover them up.
    Etc., etc. ad infinitim.
    The fact that people have opinions and values different than mine doesn't bother me one bit. Actually, it makes some rather mundane days slightly pleasant. It's when they attempt to impose those same opinions via the law that gets my undies in a bunch.
    Walmart, and all business for that matter, is attempting to appease part of its customer base so as to increase profits. Nothing more.
    Would Walmart have the tattooed customer above cover them up or be asked to leave or face trespass?
    You know the people who freak out about it? Those who don't have the self control or intestinal fortitude to carry themselves. The ones who say they are worried about someone "losing it" and killing everyone are projecting their own insecurities onto us. My take on those who are so vocal on here about OC freaking others out? They are pretty close to riding the freak train as well. Hike up that skirt and climb aboard, Nancy.

rc5699

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    I like how she is shopping for what appears to be mascara lol. It's like shes a dainty women who wears make up, leaves the house in slippers and just so happens to have heat. lol

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    You know this exactly how? You really think that their has never been someone out there that open carried and as a result made gun owners look bad?

You really think that there has never been someone out there that concealed carried and as a result made gun owners look bad? (Consider, for example, the effect of a "bad shoot.")

The "it freaks people out" argument however leads to the question of why it freaks people out. Many "reasons" are given but at their core they all come down to "because people aren't used to it."

Seeing someone armed "freaks people out" because they aren't used to seeing someone armed. Therefore, the "solution" proposed is to hide the guns (like a shameful habit), thus ensuring that the root problem--that people aren't used to seeing people armed--never gets better.

rc5699

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    You really think that there has never been someone out there that concealed carried and as a result made gun owners look bad? (Consider, for example, the effect of a "bad shoot.")

When did I say or in any way imply that I thought, that their has never been someone that concealed carried and made gun owners look bad? Seriously? where are you coming up with that. What makes you feel you need to put words in my mouth :dunno:

Someone straight out said Open carry doesn't make gun owners look bad. As in it had never ever ever made a gun owner look bad. Like it couldn't possibly make us look bad. that is utter non sense.

It shouldn't make gun owners look bad, but in some cases it does. Look at the pic I posted. Do you think we look better now to a non gun owner?

I still think that is a cop but to some of the thousands and thousands of people that have seen that pic it just looks like another retard with a gun and house shoes.

Last edited:

ArmyMP

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Fred Paris's republik of Franklin
    Chow40cal said:
    "I smell a poser....." Really? I'm sharing clear, first hand information. Unless you can rebutt with information proving that you were in the same place, at the same time, leave the name calling for the grade schoolers.

Well thanks for the negative rep.... Per AR 670-1 that is army regulation 670-1 and I quote

The Military Police badge is not authorized for wear on the utility uniforms, but it may be worn suspended from a fob device on the class
    A uniform (see figs 27–12 and 27–13).
    AR.

The only time it is ever even authorized is as an accessory to a Class A uniform... Hmm ever seen any MPs in iraq wearing class A uniforms? Business Camo I guess.... So unless you were patroling in Class A uniform (which in and of its self is hilarous) Then you are still full of it..... An no you do not have authority off base. You limited scope of law enforcement is on post.......

So once again chow40 cal I say you are full of it.... I was a Line MP and a Combat MP. I know my AR's badges are not issued or authorized..... That is why we have a brassard.

Last edited:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    When did I say or in any way imply that I thought, that their has never been someone that concealed carried and made gun owners look bad? Seriously? where are you coming up with that. What makes you feel you need to put words in my mouth :dunno:

Someone straight out said Open carry doesn't make gun owners look bad. As in it had never ever ever made a gun owner look bad. Like it couldn't possibly make us look bad. that is utter non sense.

And you take a response about the general case and treat it as a statement about every single case without exception.

"Rain falls from clouds" is a general statement that most would agree with. Yet on three separate instances that I can specifically remember I have been present where rain fell from a cloudless sky. (It's an odd weather phenomenon but, obviously, it does happen.)

There are very few statements one can make that don't have an exception somewhere--either real or in potential.

Thus, what is the point of making an absolutist statement about "never"?

We've got several possibilities:
    - You actually think that concealed carry never causes a problem and therefore the fact that some folk who open carry might be perceived as "causing problems" thus justifying the "concealed carry is better" claim that some make.
    - You don't think that concealed carry never causes problems and, therefore, believe that the only "solution" is to never carry at all.
    - You don't thing that concealed carry never causes problems but think "that's different" and are, therefore, engaging in the logical fallacy of special pleading/double standard.
    - You don't actually hold the position but are being excessively pedantic in the hope that it will distract from the main point that the fearmongering about OC is just that--fearmongering.

It shouldn't make gun owners look bad, but it does. Look at the pic I posted. Do you think we look better now to a non gun owner?

Gee. You're worried about the fashion police now? Did the person in question cause any trouble? Did they pull the gun out and start pointing it at people? Did they start threatening people? Did they actually cause any real harm to anybody?

I suspect that what we have here was that a "fashion disaster" wore a gun openly and nothing ... bad ... happened. Were people made nervous? Possibly. But nothing bad happened. And if the week after they see someone else carrying a gun and nothing bad happens. And the week after that someone else and nothing bad happens. And so on and so on. Why then, after a while even the fashion disaster becomes one more in a case of "people were openly carrying guns and nothing bad happened" experiences that non-gun-owners start having.

I still think that is a cop but to the thousands and thousands of people that have seen that pic it just looks like another retard with a gun and house shoes.

And yet nothing bad happened.

Consider that you'd also see pictures of folk like that driving cars, drinking alcohol, walking on the sidewalk, taking their kids to the park, or whatever. Yet you don't see people using that as an excuse to argue against the "open driving of cars", the "open drinking of alcohol", the "open walking on sidewalks," the "open taking kids to the park" or whatever. Perhaps the problem lies not so much in the "retard with a gun and house shoes" and the preconceptions and attitudes of the "thousands and thousands of people that have seen that pick".

So how do you plan to change those preconceptions and attitudes? What's your idea for bringing about that change?

Chow40cal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Olympia
    Well thanks for the negative rep.... Per AR 670-1 that is army regulation 670-1 and I quote

The only time it is ever even authorized is as an accessory to a Class A uniform... Hmm ever seen any MPs in iraq wearing class A uniforms? Business Camo I guess....

So once again chow40 cal I say you are full of it.... I was a Line MP and a Combat MP. I know my AR's badges are not issued or authorized..... That is why we have a brassard.

You're more than welcome, you see, since I'm the Joe who was detained off post, put in the back of a squad car, and taken down to holding. I'm pretty sure his shiny gold and nickle thingy was called a badge, and I'm pretty sure he knew how to use it.

I love the firm stance in the pool of ignorance though. I get detained, you're calling me a poser. It's my mission in life to pose as the guy who gets detained and harassed, it really is. You've seen through my poorly thought guise, and here I'm caught red handed yet once again. :laugh:

ArmyMP

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Fred Paris's republik of Franklin
    Umm nope.... then for 1 you were a dirtbag..... 2 you fell for some junk.... ha ha ha ..... Yeah the army send MP's off post to round up Soldiers.. I know I did it in korea... but the sad fact is that they have no authority.... Outside was more than likely a civilian LEO to assist. they had no authority over you until you enter the post....

Top Bottom