• ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Thanks, I'll need it. Spent the weekend hunting south of Shoals, in Martin county. Now I"m back up in good ol' FLAT east central Indiana. Pretty sure my house is on the only slope more than 2 degrees for twenty miles around.... Hunting in Randolph and Blackford now... I will need some luck.

den57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Franklin, In
    We seen at least 4-5 long beards, a handful of jakes and hens all over. Hard to call as most didn't respond to calls. Hard to close the deal with a bow. Hunting pard' got a nice 23-24lb'er with a 11" beard on Friday morning in the rain with a shotgun. Going back Friday..... :rockwoot:

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    seen several down in green sullivan this past weekend but couldnt sneek in for the shot. we seen lots of birds throughout the weekend but not a one of them would respond to a call. going back out this weekend.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I'm done. Bow killed a 22# 10 1/4" beard, & 7/8 spurs on 04/22 at 5pm.
    They have really been looking in the afternoons. Last year I killed at 6:30 pm. I use to hate evenings....love em now.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Took my bro from Indy hunting on our land in Vermillion Co, he killed his first bird. We were sucsessfull in calling in 3 jakes with our calls & 2 decoys. In the distance there were 3 TOMS answering my calls but they never came in. Ill go back out in the Morn when my city boy Bro aint with me:D Maybe i will have better luck, maybe worse :cool:
    I was happy for him, he was very pleased with his first turkey. I guess i can no longer call him INDY :D :D :D

larrylegend

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Hancock County
    I hunted Wed through Sunday in Pike county and saw very few toms. I did see two toms on about 800 acres and they were with hens and could care less about my decoys or calls. They acted like they would just do what they wanted and that is it. It seems like they aren't really breeding yet and are not calling themselves much either.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    Congrats to those of you that have scored on one this year :rockwoot::rockwoot:

I hunted in Putnam Co. on Sat with zero luck. It was kinda rainy and no gobbles, no birds, nothing. My bud got some good footage of a doe that came up to check out the decoys.

Sunday i hunted with a different bud in Jefferson Co. near Madison. We got within 75 yds of two toms on the roost, but they pitched down and went the other way, presumably with hens. Later had 3 jakes sneak in to about 35 yds. I had a shot but I wanted my bud to shoot too, thought for sure we could double.......He wasn't able to get turned into position and when I realized he wasn't going to get a shot, they were too far away.

It was still a good time but i've really been kicking myself for not blasting away. i don't know for sure if i'll get back out, maybe last weekend.

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I went out last thursday morning, heard one bird a long way off. Going to try to make it out in the morning if i can roll my lazy *** out of bed. ;) I hate getting up for deer season, turkey season about kills me! :D

indybrad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Didn't hear hardly any where I hun last year. This year has been a different story. They've been really vocal, even off the roost. Saw 3 on the thursday after opening day.

sig shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Spencer, Indian
    Tom's

I killed a nice tom opening morning at 06:50. We had 7 or 8 birds gobbling on the roost. We have been taking kids out the last few days and nothing. We have seen toms in the fields and they would not respond to an calling. I don't know if it is the weather or if they are about done breeding.

StrayDog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    South West
    Killed my first today. It was just after 8 o'clock. 22lbs. 20mm spurs. Never did measure the beard, guessing 8-10? It was a really great hunt. Hunted hard tuesday and wednesday without a hint of any action.

Good luck to everybody still on the hunt..

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    It's been weird to say the least this year. We can't hardly buy a gobble , we have saw many tom strutting in fields but once you call to them they go the other way.

I'm holding out hope it will get better before season ends

beclende

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    West of town
    Thanks, I'll need it. Spent the weekend hunting south of Shoals, in Martin county. Now I"m back up in good ol' FLAT east central Indiana. Pretty sure my house is on the only slope more than 2 degrees for twenty miles around.... Hunting in Randolph and Blackford now... I will need some luck.

That's where I've been hunting! Got three two year olds patterned, but haven't been able to call them in off the roost and I have no idea where they have been spending the days. Not a lot of gobbling once they come off the roost until about noon and then they seem to be back to looking. Hopefully those hens will be spending more time on the nest this weekend and I can actually call a bird in.

Top Bottom