Today's Indystar poll needs our attention!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    it's a very misleading question. background checks are already required of any FFL dealer who sells guns, be it at his store or a gun show.
    Regular joe can walk around with is gun at a gun show and sell it no background check.

Neither are breaking the law

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Typical poll designed to produce a specific result. Background checks ARE required for all commercial sales. What the Left wants is to turn private sales occurring at a gun show into "commercial" sales by virtue of the gun show advertising. Such dishonesty is disappointing in politics and in the media.

John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    just voted, currently 64% yes to 28% no, with 7% not caring... I agree poll question is very misleading as the majority of gun purchases at the shows are from a dealer that'll do the check...

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Typical poll designed to produce a specific result. Background checks ARE required for all commercial sales. What the Left wants is to turn private sales occurring at a gun show into "commercial" sales by virtue of the gun show advertising. Such dishonesty is disappointing in politics and in the media.

+1

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I don't do Facebook, so it looks like I can't comment, but you guys seem to be taking care of it.
    Are their other gun related polls about the same? (not taking the time with their slow site.)

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    I said this before, from talking with dam coates office. the background checks that are being talked about involves checks on family member as well. call the number running on wibc put out by mayors against guns. that number will get you to coates office and the ask what exactly is the comprehensive background check. you will be stunned
    just my paranoia. first registration then confiscation

ModernS30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Camby, Indiana
    I sent them a well worded email with my concerns. I suggest everybody else here emails, calls, or does both. To express your concern about the misleading working of their poll question. False reporting and misleading information is bad journalism.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    It is so poorly worded that I can't give an answer. Technically, I want background checks, as long as they are free and individuals can simply call NICS--what I will fight tooth and nail is 4473 documentation and transfer fees for every sale. When the terminology is already known to be intentionally misleading, how are we to know that "background checks" do not include 4473 forms and fees instead of just a NICS check as implied?

This is how they make their enemies look unreasonable. I'm sure 90% of Americans support broader background checks in order to prevent sales to a felon or lunatic, but not if that includes due facto gun registration and transfer fees, which would decimate the private market.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    It is so poorly worded that I can't give an answer. Technically, I want background checks, as long as they are free and individuals can simply call NICS--what I will fight tooth and nail is 4473 documentation and transfer fees for every sale. When the terminology is already known to be intentionally misleading, how are we to know that "background checks" do not include 4473 forms and fees instead of just a NICS check as implied?

This is how they make their enemies look unreasonable. I'm sure 90% of Americans support broader background checks in order to prevent sales to a felon or lunatic, but not if that includes due facto gun registration and transfer fees, which would decimate the private market.

How would they know whether or not I actually did the background check without registration?

Top Bottom