• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

idkfa

personally invading Ukraine (vicariously)
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    Well, here's a guy, sitting in the stands far, far from everyone except a woman he swaps spit with and, I presume, a man he doesn't, and he's not wearing a mask because it's obviously pointless. I.e. he's agreeing with you in this specific situation. So why complain about that?

By not wearing a mask in this situation he's showing he has common sense, which is a far better walk than a robot walk.

Yeah, showing common sense right in the middle of that tiny field. He CLEARLY could not physically distance there.

common sense pitching masked fauci.PNG
    middle of field fauci.PNG

idkfa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    I saw a picture earlier of him in the stands watching the game with his mask pulled down under his chin. $1000 fine Mr. Fauci

Yup.
    This was one of my responses to the discussion in relation to that specific episode earlier in this thread.
    People actually defend his actions. FML.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Trump doesn't wear one and it is good. Even respectable.

Fauci doesn't wear one and it is morally corrupt.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    "I think this is sort of mischievous with this thing going around," the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases added. "I had my mask around my chin, I had taken it down, I was totally dehydrated, and I was drinking water trying to rehydrate myself."

"To pull it down to take some sips of water and put it back up again, I guess if people want to make something about that, they can. But to me, I think that’s just mischievous," he said.

First hint was the bottle of water in his lap... so for the mask critics, is it wear a mask 24x7 otherwise why bother? :n00b: :rolleyes:

idkfa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    First hint was the bottle of water in his lap... so for the mask critics, is it wear a mask 24x7 otherwise why bother? :n00b: :rolleyes:

We, the "mask critics", call out this whole situation for what it is -- bull****. Inconsistent, illogical, unenforceable bull****.
    We, the "mask critics", tirelessly read and evaluated the evidence: controlled clinical studies, mechanistic studies, efficacy in different settings.
    We, the "mask critics", operate with facts, not feelings, in the realm of what "is" and "is not", and not what "may be".

You, Sheep4Life, can obey all you want.
    Just don't complain when the government thug's boot crushes your neck.
    And if you do not see the direct connection between "health authorities" suddenly having developed mask fetish, mask mandates at state and local levels -- and ultimately the antigun agenda...
    I'm afraid, that boot will find you someday, and my problem with all of that is that it'll find me just as well.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    So all it takes to shut the mask mandate crowd up is to have a bottle of water nearby? Good to know...

You apparently haven't read any of my posts... I think masks are a good idea, like seat belts... no mandate/law needed for either, but Darwin, like karma, can be a b*tch.

So, again wear a mask 24/7 or it does no good at all? :rolleyes:

idkfa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    He isn’t in a position to make mandates is he? He urged masks use, which persuaded officials who have the ability to mandate them.

This is exactly the problem: ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY.
    Fauci, NIAID, and CDC have zero accountability.
    Hell, even "elected officials" have zero accountability.
    They just say "oops, the models were wrong."

This is the root of the problem with "rule by executive order": the entire system of lawmaking is bypassed. No witnesses, no checks, no balances.
    Your average "elected official" is suddenly burdened with understanding science.
    They don't bother. They just look for what they think is formidable defense in the eyes of their voters, that's all.
    And since (1) most of them have long forgotten what they said in that pesky oath of office and (2) a padded room in a mental asylum is the safest place, they will inevitably model their jurisdictions after asylums.

idkfa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    You apparently haven't read any of my posts... I think masks are a good idea, like seat belts... no mandate/law needed for either, but Darwin, like karma, can be a b*tch.

So, again wear a mask 24/7 or it does no good at all? :rolleyes:

False equivalence.
    The efficacy of belts was proven.
    The assertion that any masks (including N95) could help reduce the spread of viral diseases in the general population was, get this, disproven.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    We, the "mask critics", call out this whole situation for what it is -- bull****. Inconsistent, illogical, unenforceable bull****.
    We, the "mask critics", tirelessly read and evaluated the evidence: controlled clinical studies, mechanistic studies, efficacy in different settings.
    We, the "mask critics", operate with facts, not feelings, in the realm of what "is" and "is not", and not what "may be".

Beg to differ... I've reached my opinions on masks through my own research... I do hear a lot of what sounds like b*tthurt from the critics though.

Including childish name calling as you do below...

And, if you have a link to an actual study that shows three ply surgical masks have no effect, please share...

You, Sheep4Life, can obey all you want.
    Just don't complain when the government thug's boot crushes your neck.
    And if you do not see the direct connection between "health authorities" suddenly having developed mask fetish, mask mandates at state and local levels -- and ultimately the antigun agenda...
    I'm afraid, that boot will find you someday, and my problem with all of that is that it'll find me just as well.

Ummm... I didn't obey when "they" said NOT to wear a mask... nor will I stop wearing them simply because they now TELL me to. I stopped letting people control me that way sometime shortly after puberty...

idkfa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    You kidding? Those people never shut up. It’ll just be something else when this is over.

Exactly.
    I see people here say "oh, let's all mask up, and we'll all go back to work/school/restaurant/outer space."
    No. The compliance of the public with these proposed or mandated measures will not have any bearing on the reopening.
    Zero, zilch, nada.
    If they intended to correlate the compliance with consequences, they wouldn't change the narrative.

Instead, we were told lockdowns were necessary (this is not just Indiana):
    ... until we slow the spread!
    ... until death rate slows down for X weeks in a row!
    ... until not one more death!
    ... until cases go down again!

And all the while the CDC was cooking the books in relation to tests as they mixed PCR and serological tests (and admitted to doing so on May 21).

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    False equivalence.
    The efficacy of belts was proven.
    The assertion that any masks (including N95) could help reduce the spread of viral diseases in the general population was, get this, disproven.

So, even healthcare professionals in a COVID ward should ditch their N95s? :rolleyes:

ETA: And when N95s were in short supply, I sure saw a crap ton of HCPs wearing surgical masks...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom