• Status
    Not open for further replies.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I have to give Jamil credit here for continuing to work to elucidate the reality of what is known vs unknown and that there are few firm answers. I'm trying to do the same, but apparently not as well. Mitigation has some value. Mitigation also causes secondary problems. Perhaps it's difficult on social media to disagree with a point without appearing to be firmly entrenched in a fully opposite viewpoint.

I really hate the way the pandemic has separated people who in some cases were previously good friends. It's made political divides worse. I would have expected a crisis to pull people together.

This sign is apparently from IU Health.

My veterinary colleagues are posting similar signs, which probably isn't that productive. But in any case they report being verbally abused by clients on a regular basis now. I haven't experienced that, but I have a small crop of good clients and a good staff.

I don't know what we do about it, but this pandemic is tough on a lot of people in more ways than one sees on the surface.

I just want to say I'm sorry for anyone here I offended or if I'm just being too argumentative (I probably am). View attachment 88950

What kind of hippie new age crap is that lol.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Since like forever.
    It twists my head up we put an absolute waste of skin in the mayors office. Mindless lever pulling mush brains. (oh heck I just described 99% of my relatives)
    my wife’s best friend is that way, “blue no matter who” and anything negative about a Dem is a lie or photoshop “sweet baby Joe would never sniff little girls that’s photoshop”

there’s a big cult of straight ticket culture; and most won’t take the time to actually learn what politicians actual stances are; even just knowing what the party thinks is too much

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    my wife’s best friend is that way, “blue no matter who” and anything negative about a Dem is a lie or photoshop “sweet baby Joe would never sniff little girls that’s photoshop”

there’s a big cult of straight ticket culture; and most won’t take the time to actually learn what politicians actual stances are; even just knowing what the party thinks is too much

This is my cousin to a T. Fresh out of super liberal lefty college with a excellent brainwashing system. If you don't believe exactly what she believes you're wrong and a racist. She's so far gone that the family hippie has determined she is too far out there for even him to deal with.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    I do have to say that while I refuse to wear a mask on a regular basis, if I happen to need something from a place that requires a mask I will wear it and I will treat people as I want to be treated. Just because their company requires a mask, that does not give me the right to be a douche nozzle to the person just trying to make a living.
    if you’ve ever worked retail you already know their job sucks and people are jerks on a normal basis. No since in making it harder for them. My wife worked in a Marsh and I wanted to go there daily to beat someone for the way they talked to my wife over stupid crap. And that was 10 years ago.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    EdDnE0GXgAItelI

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I do have to say that while I refuse to wear a mask on a regular basis, if I happen to need something from a place that requires a mask I will wear it and I will treat people as I want to be treated. Just because their company requires a mask, that does not give me the right to be a douche nozzle to the person just trying to make a living.
    if you’ve ever worked retail you already know their job sucks and people are jerks on a normal basis. No since in making it harder for them. My wife worked in a Marsh and I wanted to go there daily to beat someone for the way they talked to my wife over stupid crap. And that was 10 years ago.

Well, people are generally butt heads and I can prove it but the occasional good people we cross paths with take the sting out of it.

If I heard an asshat being an asshat to an employee I would share my extensive beat down vocabulary on them. It changes nothing doing this. It fixes nothing. It only exposes your deep seeded desire to put misery on others.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I dunno. Maybe people should just put the twitter down and go have a nice bike ride. And maybe don't get too upset if you see someone wearing or not wearing a mask. Enjoy life for **** sake.

I took my telescope to the local ymca which has an open field so I could get a better view of the horizon to observe the comet. There’s a trail that runs through their lot. There was a guy, on a bike, by himself, outside, wearing a mask. He didn’t look for traffic when he rode across the road. Maybe he thought his mask would protect him from the 3 ton pickup?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I took my telescope to the local ymca which has an open field so I could get a better view of the horizon to observe the comet. There’s a trail that runs through their lot. There was a guy, on a bike, by himself, outside, wearing a mask. He didn’t look for traffic when he rode across the road. Maybe he thought his mask would protect him from the 3 ton pickup? 浪

Curious - which YMCA?

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    I just left my parents house. We had some cows out so I needed to fix the fence. While working dad mentioned he had went to see his lung doctor. (He has chronic COPD) while he was there he began to feel bad and felt like he was going to pass out. They checked him and his blood oxygen level had dropped to about 84. He was told to stop wearing a mask.

As I’ve mentioned before I have taken hundreds of classes on PPE for my job. I even have to be evaluated by a doctor to clear me to wear the masks that I have. I’ve said since the beginning of all this, that people with breathing problems should not be wearing a mask. but then again people that are the most vulnerable shouldn’t be out if they feel unsafe.

I did talk to an older lady recently that has had a stroke and is blind In one eye while loosing her vision in the other. She told me she isn’t scared. She knows the lord and has lived a good life. Her opinion was if god calls her up she is ok with that and wasn’t going to hide.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Well, at least there’s medical and religious exemptions from the “rule” so what religion should I say I am now?

I’m sorry if anyone believes otherwise, this has been in IN since Dec/Jan at least; my youngest son had a “flu-like” illness, and tested negative for the flu, my wife got sick, bad enough that walking to the house, to her vehicle, or from vehicle to work would cause her to have an asthma attack, she also slept downstairs because climbing a flight of stairs was too much work. And a few coworkers of mine went to the hospital for a “flu like illness” (again testing negative) and one spent 3 days in the hospital, all back in Jan or February, and the likelihood of me being in contact with all of them, and it not spreading around is zero.

if the tests that are being deployed detect antibodies of course the case total goes up. Tracking hospitalizations and deaths is more accurate, especially if people that were sick with covid “sheltered in place” believing it was a seasonal cold or the flu, which would skew the numbers until they get added to the official numbers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom