• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Same person. Second post was me patting you on the head and telling you everything is going to be alright so you don't cry yourself to sleep.

What a pathetic example. Posted no trespassing signs aren't remotely related to this discussion.
    If you don't leave when asked what would be the charge?

They are precisely related.

I'll go you one further. You don't post and I just let my dog do his business on your sidewalk until you tell me not to. That's OK in your world also. That's pathetic.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    As much as this would be great news, following the ling provided in that image the ACTUAL total provisional deaths for 2020 are 3,350,507. That's from this address: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/COVID19/ and clicking to "Yearly" on the chart or you could take the total and subtract the weeks from 2021. Using their 377,796 number for C-19 deaths from 2020 that puts the deaths not related to C-19 at 2.9M which is consistent with the current trendsin overall death rates in the US.

Now, with the facts out of the way, this is still far far far from being the deadly "kill everyone" disease that we were told it would be. Yes, 377,796 deaths is terrible. But for a population of 330M. that's 0.1% of the population. That becomes a rounding error. I'm not saying that it's not terrible for those that lost loved ones. I'm saying that it's not the massive killer that we keep getting told.

Now for the naysayers... even if you take the 28.8M positive reported cases, that's a 1.3% mortality rate for this. That means 98.7% who contract this survive.

Do not spoil the scamdemic with facts.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Same concept. Private property makes a request. I ignore their request.

Just to be clear, ignoring a sign you don't agree with (no guns) is okay, but ignoring a sign I don't agree with (wear a mask) is wrong.

Hypocrite.
    One is pitting one constitutional right against another.

The other is flaunting the rights of the property owners.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    One is pitting one constitutional right against another.

The other is flaunting the rights of the property owners.
    Both are the same. Property owner is making a request in both instances. In both instances, someone is ignoring the request. The only difference is that you agree with one request and disagree with the other.

That's hypocritical.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    If you don't leave when asked what would be the charge?

They are precisely related.

I'll go you one further. You don't post and I just let my dog do his business on your sidewalk until you tell me not to. That's OK in your world also. That's pathetic.
    Yet again, a pathetic argument. No trespassing is a denial of entry. Making a request is not a denial of entry.

If you want to let your dog crap in front of my house, feel free. Don't be surprised to find your dog's crap on your porch.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yet again, a pathetic argument. No trespassing is a denial of entry. Making a request is not a denial of entry.

If you want to let your dog crap in front of my house, feel free. Don't be surprised to find your dog's crap on your porch.
    If someone posts a sign saying masks are required to enter and you chose to ignore it, that doesn't make it a request. Just makes you disrespectful.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My observation of this thread and real life is, those least affected by the masking (generally a proxy for all the shutdown) are all for it.

They typically have jobs and a family situation that make it easy to impose on others and some even are doing better. Many are able to work from home and like it. It is easy to support it all without considering the hardships that this is on others by rationalizing that the restrictions will get us though this sooner.

Those that are losing money, jobs, homes and struggling are just trying to survive and these restrictions are killing them. But if your not in this situation it is hard to understand how dire it is for many others.

It is very easy to be afraid of the virus, buy into the propaganda, and support restrictions on others when the restrictions don't really affect you. They look around and see those sick and those claimed to have been killed by the virus and want to impose on others to avoid what they are genuinely afraid of, namely, messing up their lives.

On the flip side it is far easier to see that the virus is not all it is propagandized to be when you or those you care about are suffering far more than any of those you see dealing with the virus...

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Unlike private property with no trespassing signs.
    Im having trouble following what you're saying. private property is still private property if it doesnt have a no trespassing sign. If you're a homeowner and dont have a no trespassing sign your house doesnt automatically become public property.

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    Im having trouble following what you're saying. private property is still private property if it doesnt have a no trespassing sign. If you're a homeowner and dont have a no trespassing sign your house doesnt automatically become public property.
    Sorry, I was still at work. My point is (and it may not be a very good one) that private property with no trespassing signs let you know that you are not welcome ever regardless of the time of day or your reasons for being there. A retail outlet is generally open to the public because they want to be profitable. I don’t wear a mask and if I’m asked to leave I would do so. I have not been asked to leave any place of business not once. So when you see all these mask signs being soundly ignored but no one is being asked to leave. That tells me the Karen’s of the world care way more than the retailers I frequent.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    If someone posts a sign saying masks are required to enter and you chose to ignore it, that doesn't make it a request. Just makes you disrespectful.
    Same can be said with "no guns" but you disagree with that particular sign so you choose to ignore it. Just makes you a hypocrite.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Same can be said with "no guns" but you disagree with that particular sign so you choose to ignore it. Just makes you a hypocrite.
    You say that as if it's an insult. I say so what.

Basing an argument or justifying your behavior by mine doesn't make you any more right. So consider the point conceded.

Still doesn't address the fact that you that other people's property rights different than your own.

Which would make one....hmmm...what is the term?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    You say that as if it's an insult. I say so what.

Basing an argument or justifying your behavior by mine doesn't make you any more right. So consider the point conceded.

Still doesn't address the fact that you that other people's property rights different than your own.

Which would make one....hmmm...what is the term?
    If you don't mind being a hypocrite, that's on you.

That's where you're wrong. I treat other's property rights exactly like my own. I request that people follow my expectations. If they choose not to, I get to decide to ignore it or demand that they leave. Any property I'm on, I do the same. I choose which requests I'll abide by, and I'll gladly leave if they choose not to ignore my not following their rules and ask me to leave. That's not hypocrisy, that's consistency.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If you don't mind being a hypocrite, that's on you.

That's where you're wrong. I treat other's property rights exactly like my own. I request that people follow my expectations. If they choose not to, I get to decide to ignore it or demand that they leave. Any property I'm on, I do the same. I choose which requests I'll abide by, and I'll gladly leave if they choose not to ignore my not following their rules and ask me to leave. That's not hypocrisy, that's consistency.
    So you are the type that hunts on unposted property? That sees no issue letting your dog poop on somebody's lawn and leaves it for them?
    It only matters if the owner catches you and says something and if it is posted same thing to you. Doesn't matter.

It's not doing the right thing that matters its not getting caught doing the wrong thing.

Or doesn't see an issue with others doing any of the above.

Last edited:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    So you are the type that hunts on unposted property? That sees no issue letting your dog poop on somebody's lawn and leaves it for them?
    It only matters if the owner catches you and says something and if it is posted same thing to you. Doesn't matter.

It's not doing the right thing that matters its not getting caught doing the wrong thing.

Or doesn't see an issue with others doing any of the above.
    You keep confusing the issue. I'm not sure if it's intentional or a mental deficiency. Anyway...

No I don't. However that's a denial of entry issue, not a condition to enter the property. Two completely unrelated issues. Second, no I don't but that's common courtesy, not a condition to enter the property. Again, two completely unrelated issues.

I'll try to dumb it down for you...

Me - feel free to ignore any requests from property owners (guns, masks, etc) that you don't agree with. Be prepared to leave if asked. Consistent.

You - feel free to ignore requests that I don't agree with (guns) but follow the requests that I agree with (masks).
    Hypocrite.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom