• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    LOL, thank you sir. It’s just from the heart, and the gut. No internet points, no karmalikes, retweets or whatnot needed.

The title of the thread, “To mask or not to mask...that is the question,” is really no question at all. Are you a free man, free you make choices about your individual sovereignty, or are you a slave to a system which cares not about you?

If my life henceforth is predicated on whether or not I have to wear a mask, or get the “jab” or speak the correct words to live in “polite society,” then society is no longer polite. If I have to bend to the will of another who in any way encroaches upon my sovereignty granted by our supreme law of the land, endowed by our Creator, then I am no longer “free.” While I recognize the difference between rights, liberties and freedoms, they are not mutually exclusive - but they
    absolute - only if we fight to keep them.

They want me to wear a mask? I’ve fought too long and too hard, lost pieces of my soul and my heart, bled to hold the line and keep the stripes on the flag red. If I put on a mask, they’re not going to like what they see when it comes off.

Frankly, I’m shocked that I seem to be one of the few who have that spirit in me.

View attachment 152945
    You are not alone sir. Not at all but it does seem the “men” among us have been beaten down into submission.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    So, I just caught up on about five day’s worth of posts. I stepped away to do some in depth research and Intel analysis on some other subjects. Needless to say, I’m disheartened by what I returned to. While I don’t want to see an echo chamber and want to see rational, informed discussion, I’m seeing a disturbing facet of reality that is coming to light in our community here.

Name calling, shitposts, trolling and self-aggrandizing sophistry in some cases. I think (notice I said “think” and not “feel”) that we all are being manipulated by a circumstance that is clearly out of our own individual control. And that circumstance is being used by anyone who can twist and bend the data (what factual, trustworthy data there is) towards their own ends.

What I know is this: What is being done by all this manipulation is a direct erosion of our individual sovereignty and our natural rights. The manipulation has granted whole governments, elected officials, bureaucrats, the “morally superior” and ultra wealthy individuals the ability to lord over free citizens in a nation that is supposed to be protected by laws against just such behavior, and by falling for it, we are simply falling deeper into the abyss of true oppression. It may not be evident on it’s face, but anyone who takes the time to critically analyze the micro steps being taken can see the probable macro result.

What’s missing these days is what the old farmers called “horse sense.” The instinct that tells you when something isn’t right. For many of us, and I would likely say the majority of us here, we’ve had a horse sense about the world around us for last 5-10 years, and mostly like a lot longer for our more seasoned members. I think that most of us know deep down that something isn’t right and we can (and have) point out all of the little details that confirm the reason for the little hairs on the back of our neck to stand up.

We are being played.

Black/white, legal/illegal, mask/no mask, shot/no shot, DNA/gene therapy, riot/peaceful protest, Trump/Biden, democrat/republican, rich/poor... These are all things meant to divide and distract us while the real moves are being made. What is going on is a struggle for power and ideology. And it is not a new occurrence. This same struggle has been occurring since the dawn of man, it’s only the tools and technology that change. And that’s the reason we face the current onslaught of our rights and liberties that we are experiencing today. None of those people in positions of power actually care about you as a person. They only care about what you can do for them. These little devices in our hands have connected us to the rest of the world at the speed of a “send” button. The sharing of ideas and communication amongst the masses is a dangerous prospect for those who wish to maintain or assert their power. Words and phrases have real power, only behind the power of force, which is why the freedom of speech is placed higher than the freedom to protect yourself against a tyrannical government. Words and phrases are being hurled like diseased heads over castle walls in order to infect the populace with ideas and notions that perpetuate this cycle of tyranny and control by the powerful.

In the end, it doesn’t matter what we think, who’s side we’re on, or what magic words we say. Those with power will always lord over those that don’t: Antifa will attack Christians in the park, exercising their first amendment rights; BLM will destroy minority-owned small businesses; the courts will release the dregs of society to continue to wreak havoc and intimidate; the federal government will pass laws shoving our children’s children into insurmountable debt and servitude to oppressive laws and regulations; our school boards will continue to indoctrinate and subjectify our smallest and most innocent citizens; our rights will be eroded one-by-one in ever-increasing efficiency until we can no longer speak our minds, protect ourselves, pray as we like or remain free from the iron fist in the velvet glove of the powerful, even in our own homes.

Every year, every month, we are less free than our forefathers envisioned and fought to provide us. As long as we are divided and provide no resistance to those with the power to control our lives through servitude and never-ending debt, regulation and taxes, all of the men, women and children who died along the way for us to get to this point, will have been for nothing. Freedom isn’t free, and it isn’t easy to maintain. It takes steadfast courage, discipline and moral ethic to keep in place. As we sit idly by, staring into our phones and arguing over minutiae that provides no real measure of maintaining those freedoms, those in power just sit back and laugh at us, partying in their tents with the rest of the “sophisticated, vaccinated crowd” and collect their revenue from our latest Amazon purchase. Meanwhile we toil at work, wearing a mask that hides our identity and rubbing our arm from the shot that somehow we were forced to get to remain working for a company that doesn’t care about us, for a dollar that buys less groceries this week than it did last week, and so we can make enough money to pay for the upcoming mileage tax on the car that we paid insanely too much for, fueled by the oil money that our government paid to a foreign country that hates us and conspires to destroy our way of life.

Yes, yes...keep arguing about masks and vaccines, prove that each one of us is individually right gosh darn it! I have to be right! There’s someone wrong on the internet! You know what we haven’t done? Sat together in a tavern and drank, next to a brother or sister, saw their face, felt their pain, embraced them in their time of need. We’ve all lost the context of what it means to be human, as we stare into these little magic boxes, thinking we are connecting to the world.

We’ve had many warnings from those who came before us: Aurelius, Paine, Jefferson, Franklin, Orwell, Alinsky, Mao, Solzhenitsyn...yet we never heed the words. And based on some of the discourse here, I’m afraid we never will.
    Well, that right there ^^^^^ is one of the more honest and inciteful posts I've seen in a while.

Listen and do (the first three boxes), before we end up at the last box, if it's not too late.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think there are plenty of people who would like to do something effective but have no idea what. We used to think getting out the vote would solve the problems, but we know that is no longer correct. Without leadership and a plan, I'm pretty sure most people will not open the fourth box until this thing is on their doorstep, until they have no other choice

Merely recognizing that we need to do something isn't much help. I understand that most of us don't want to talk about specifics, but without a plan to reclaim the nation many people will fall to back-biting and despair. The more people feel they have to lose, the less they want to risk that loss unless they're sure it is time and whatever action is chosen has a chance of success

I don't know the answer to the big problems, so I'm left to plan for me and mine. I would welcome an overarching movement with a viable plan. Civil disobedience is fine up to a point, but such tactics would not have defeated apartheid or some cases of communism without outside pressure, and no one is likely to come to our rescue so I'm pretty sure all the force will need to come from within

I find it disheartening that, in light of the first six months of Biden and how he came to power, people still feel the need to take cheap shots at Trump. If they can't let go of their petty complaints and won't back any standard-bearer who isn't perfect, even if he is effective, our future seems to be to compete with Libertarians over which party is the biggest joke

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I’m going to put this here and in the coercion/bribery thread because it’s too important to miss, and shoehorns with my earlier monologue:

View attachment 153021

We are now the enemy folks.

But it’s all good, I hear we have the Senate.

Oh, and the obligatory, “some here voted for this.”
    Sad time for America. The government is obviously corrupt and overtaken by foreign governments and money... which was why there was so much anti trump propaganda. The worst part is half the country supports it and cheers it on. Oh well, guess we all seen this coming and most of us are prepared for the worse.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Follow the science.......

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Follow the science.......

That was a thoroughly interesting read. Sometimes amusing. I got a kick out of this one:

“A multivariable analysis of this same study found a significant difference in secondary attack rates (the rate of transmission to others) between the mask-plus-hands group and the control group. On this basis, the authors maintain that mask-wearing “should be encouraged during outbreak situations.” However, this multivariable analysis also found significantly lower rates in crowded homes—“i.e., more crowded households had less transmission”—which tested at a higher confidence level. Thus, to the extent that this multivariable analysis provided any support for masks, it provided at least as much support for crowding.”

I guess y’all religious folks who went to church despite the consternation of authorities, were doing the right thing the whole time.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Hahaha, enslaved cuck.

Who are the enslaved cucks? This idiot, or the people (us) who allow him to be in office?

ETA: when I say "this idiot" I mean the politician Holcomb.

Side rant: politicians are not "leaders" and really shouldn't be referred to in that way, if they continue to be called that, then eventually people will think of them that way [ETA: they are "supposed" to represent the people, not lead anyone. You need morals and a backbone to lead. Career politicians are completely unqualified to do that.]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom