• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So I wore my MTAC holster all day today. Carried my Glock 19. The first few minutes I put it on, it felt a little awkward. Just because it was new, and I wasn't used to this type of holster. Always used a fobus paddle holster. Walked around today, drove around. Grocery shopping at wal-mart, ate out for lunch. Went out later with the in-laws. When I finally took the holster and gun off, I feel so weird now. Not once today did I feel like I was carrying. This holster is amazing! Its so comfortable. I had to keep checking to make sure my gun hadn't fallen out. This thing should be a must have for everyone. I don't ever want to take it off, seriously.
    So if your thinking that you want to try it, not sure if its worth all that money, or just looking for a holster. The MTAC is the one. Don't even think about it. Just buy it.

LotsofGlocks

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    So I wore my MTAC holster all day today. Carried my Glock 19. The first few minutes I put it on, it felt a little awkward. Just because it was new, and I wasn't used to this type of holster. Always used a fobus paddle holster. Walked around today, drove around. Grocery shopping at wal-mart, ate out for lunch. Went out later with the in-laws. When I finally took the holster and gun off, I feel so weird now. Not once today did I feel like I was carrying. This holster is amazing! Its so comfortable. I had to keep checking to make sure my gun hadn't fallen out. This thing should be a must have for everyone. I don't ever want to take it off, seriously.
    So if your thinking that you want to try it, not sure if its worth all that money, or just looking for a holster. The MTAC is the one. Don't even think about it. Just buy it.

Just what I wanted to hear. I'll be putting my order in ASAP. :rockwoot:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Yeah, I'm not going to be taking any pictures of myself wearing my new holster. You can find good pictures on their website of the holster

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    The MTAC is one of two holsters I'm currently looking at. The Supertuck is the other. I'm about ready to just flip a coin to decide on which one I want.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I don't know anything about the supertuck. But I really recommend the MTAC.

I've seen a lot of posts about what holster they should get, review and comments on different holsters. Figured a post like this would be beneficial for anyone looking into the MTAC.

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    +1 for the Mtac, and comptac as a company. There always helpful, when I call bugging them about another holster body, plus who dosn't like free candy ?
    EDC.jpg

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    Nice holsters for sure I have been thinking of buying one of these. I use an early Kholster now with no com plaints really. But it looks like the Mtac will hold the grip slightly higher than I have adjustment for.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Nice holsters for sure I have been thinking of buying one of these. I use an early Kholster now with no com plaints really. But it looks like the Mtac will hold the grip slightly higher than I have adjustment for.

The MTac is nice, the K-holster is nice, but I'm sticking with the CrossBreed Supertuck. All 3 are somewhat similar. The MTac is the thickest of the 3. K-Holster uses the biggest piece of leather. But the CrossBreed Supertuck gets my vote because it offers everything that is needed, doesn't have too much leather (my complaint with the K-Holster) that many users actually cut down to resemble the CrossBreed.

But I think all 3 are good and it boils down to individual choice.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    Mine just came in the mail yesterday. I look forward to testing it out! It looks like a dang good rig all the way around. There was even a pack of smarties in the packaging? My fiance likes them just for this lol.

I liked the fact that they allowed me to pay via paypal.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    They also have a 30 day no questions asked return policy, so if you get it and don't like it (which you probably will like it!) you can get your money back!

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    I've worn a Crossbreed Supertuck as my main carry holster for about 9 months now. It has worked OK for me -- it is comfortable and stable. Pretty soon I will be getting rid of it, though, for an all-kydex IWB holster. The main thing I dislike is the way that the leather backing interferes with my thumb getting a positive grip on the frame. I also cannot get the web of my hand as high on the grip as I would like because the leather backing interferes (the combat cut of the holster may have something to do with that). I will be switching to an all-kydex holster made by a friend of mine -- it will be a bit smaller and won't have the backing that I dislike on the Supertuck / MTAC kinds of holster.

Gaudard

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Terre Haute
    I like my MTAC as well. Can't carry at work, and don't carry to martial arts class, other than that I carry 100% the rest of the time.

The main thing I dislike is the way that the leather backing interferes with my thumb getting a positive grip on the frame. I also cannot get the web of my hand as high on the grip as I would like because the leather backing interferes (the combat cut of the holster may have something to do with that).

I don't believe this to be a problem with the MTAC. I can get a good secure grip on my G23 every time.

john67103

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Fishers
    What do you use for a spare mag pouch with the MTAC? I can't seem to find anything that conceals as well. Doesn't buy you much if they can't see your gun but they see your spare mag...

Gaudard

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Terre Haute
    What do you use for a spare mag pouch with the MTAC? I can't seem to find anything that conceals as well. Doesn't buy you much if they can't see your gun but they see your spare mag...

This is a very good question, I've not found anything I like yet.

I've done a little looking, bought a Raven Klydex 2 Mag, but don't think it conceals very well. The best suggestion I've found so far is a leatherman case, or other multi-tool type case. Not exacly the move efficient, but conceals well. Unless someone asks to borrow your knife.

Not a real high priority, if 13 doesn't get the job done then I should have brought the AR.

Top Bottom