• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    For whatever reason I have always wanted a Dan Wesson pistol pack. I now have an opportunity to pick one up, I am not a collector I shoot what I own but this would probably fall more under collecting than shooting.
    Do you think these will go up in value?
    I dont have a link to the gun and I still need to go inspect it, but I am just trying to decide if I should or not.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Is that the one with the three different barrel lengths? I have been intrigued by those as well. Not sure if their value will increase but the cool factor is definitely there. If I had something like that I would probably shoot it like anything else. I suppose, like anything, it depends on the price and condition.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If the price is right (and I don't know what is too much) definitly get it.

I would like a Dan Wesson revolver someday. The changable barrels would be pretty awesome.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Is that the one with the three different barrel lengths? I have been intrigued by those as well. Not sure if their value will increase but the cool factor is definitely there. If I had something like that I would probably shoot it like anything else. I suppose, like anything, it depends on the price and condition.

yea that's the one. they are supposed to have superb accuracy and an excellent trigger. It is just justifying the money and I cant list the amount of guns I thought I wanted until I got them :(

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    ..." I have always wanted a ..." Couple quick questions here. Does the price appear to be reasonable in comparison to others you have seen? Can you comfortably afford it? Do you have an idea how you will enjoy it? If yes, then go and make it happen! You should be able to recover your money or most of it even if it doesn't appreciate in value.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I personally think it will increase in value. I remember as a kid (yes I've been buying,selling, trading since I was 16), those sets were quite common. I don't see them very often at all these days.
    If it is a complete set, I would buy it. As time rolls on, I think complete sets will be harder and harder to come by. Just like I wish I would have been buying HK squeeze cockers when they were plentiful and affordable.

Recently in the classifieds there was an HK P7M8, that was put out at $1500, and 3 different members on here wanted it. I can remember when those could be had for about $600 dollars.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    ..." I have always wanted a ..." Couple quick questions here. Does the price appear to be reasonable in comparison to others you have seen? Can you comfortably afford it? Do you have an idea how you will enjoy it? If yes, then go and make it happen! You should be able to recover your money or most of it even if it doesn't appreciate in value.

Hmm practical advice. Good points and those bases are covered. Least I ca do is go take a look

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Those are sweet guns. I had a blued .357 and a stainless in .44 mag many years ago. Nice triggers and very accurate. Some of the very few guns I regret selling.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    My general criteria is "can I get my money back out of it if I decide I'm not excited about it"?. Make sure you are getting a reasonable deal and if you tire if playing with it there's always Gunbroker. :)
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT] NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [h=3]Certified Glock armorer—GSSF Member[FONT=&quot][/FONT][/h] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]1911, M&P & Ruger MK III Mechanic[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Part of it is I don't own a car so I have been saving up for one of those

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Part of it is I don't own a car so I have been saving up for one of those

Then I'd wait until I got the car. How much enjoyment are you going to get out of another gun vs a car?

Personally, the cylinder release is too funky for me to enjoy the Dan Wesson revolvers. I don't see myself swapping out the barrels often enough that that particular feature adds much to the debate. They may go up in price, but comparatively speaking they seem to stay on the low end, they haven't enjoyed the meteoric rise that Colt snake guns saw, or even the more modest rise of pre-hole S&Ws.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    Don't do it. Buy a used Honda instead.

if you are buying something for investment purposes, maybe gold instead? Get a big Dan Wesson poster for your firearm area.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I dont think I would shoot it much so I usually lose interest in the ones I don't shoot so I think I am going to pass.
    Some good advice from everybody. Thanks

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Buy the car first, that way you can get back and forth to the range.

I didn't say I dont have anything to drive I just said I don't "own" a car. :) if I buy a car it would be a toy too.

Top Bottom