• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    Did anyone go to the 2-day gun auction in Tipton? I really wanted to go, but had other commitments. Curious as to the quality of the supplies and guns being sold. Looked like a good one to attend.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    It was awesome. Good prices & good guns. The place to be if you are in to C&R stuff. No mall ninja crap. What truly was horrible was the ffl doing the transfers. At over 200+ guns and charging $15 per gun you would think he would have his stuff together and hired someone to help call in the checks. A+ for the auctioneers F for the 01.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    It was awesome. Good prices & good guns. The place to be if you are in to C&R stuff. No mall ninja crap. What truly was horrible was the ffl doing the transfers. At over 200+ guns and charging $15 per gun you would think he would have his stuff together and hired someone to help call in the checks. A+ for the auctioneers F for the 01.

Who was the FFL ?

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Check out Gun Broker, I bet you a lot of the guns end up on there.

Didn't catch the 01's name. He wasn't local to Tipton though. Nobody was happy with him or his $15 per gun fee.

What also made this auction was no buyer's premium or sales tax since it was all from one private collector.

jss1956

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Indiana the Armpit
    I wish I would have attended. Went to another auction about the same distance in the opposite direction. What a joke. Way too many people with more dollars than sense.

huzyerdaddy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Hamilton County
    "Nobody was happy with him or his $15 per gun fee."

Poor guy, you guys are too hard on him, after all- about 8$ goes to BATFE and he has to get something for his time...:twocents:

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Yes the transfers where done on site. In all fairness the $15 per gun may have not been all that bad but the manner & service that it was done in was the worst I have ever seen. I've been to other auctions where there were hundreds of guns on the block and the transfers went w/o a hitch.

Plenty of good deals, :)

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    Yes the transfers where done on site. In all fairness the $15 per gun may have not been all that bad but the manner & service that it was done in was the worst I have ever seen. I've been to other auctions where there were hundreds of guns on the block and the transfers went w/o a hitch.

Plenty of good deals, :)

I may be wrong (not an FFL) but I thought the actual transfers had to be done at the FFL's address and the only exception was a gun show. Didn't the dealer at Parker City get in trouble (among other things) for doing this at an auction ? :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    I may be wrong (not an FFL) but I thought the actual transfers had to be done at the FFL's address and the only exception was a gun show. Didn't the dealer at Parker City get in trouble (among other things) for doing this at an auction ? :dunno:
    That's exactly what I was thinking. I asked ATF about something similar about 3 weeks ago and I was told the very same thing.

Not sure how legal that whole thing was, unless there was special permission given by ATF somehow.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom