• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    I've never been to either one and saw that they are this weekend. My dad is chomping at the bit to get out of the house and do a little walking around since his hip surgery about 3 weeks ago.

It is about an hour and half drive for us to make it up there. Just wondering how big they are and how much is there to see. Thanks

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    Tipton is a good show to go to IMO. Of course I'm biased because I have a table there. lol

As far as wasting an hour and a half, I never felt the time was a waste.
    I regularly drive from Hamilton county to Linton, Brazil, Seymour, Lafayette, Portland to go to shows.
    Every once in a while I'll make the trip to Jeffersonville to go to Kieslers and always crooss the Big River to eat lunch. It's all in how you look at it.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I grew up in Tipton, and now I live in Noblesville. It's a decent show, but it's too small for a long drive as far as I'm concerned.

Same for Kokomo. It's a reasonable show, but it seems like it's getting smaller. :dunno: If I'd driven an hour and a half, with the prices of gas the way they are, I'd be greatly disappointed.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Well, neither show is that big. I personally enjoy going to the Kokomo show...I've found several guns, as well as books and such things, that I couldn't do without at the show. The Kokomo show is about 30-40 minutes away from the Tipton show and there's usually more space to roam at the Kokomo show. So I guess if you and your Dad decide to make the trip you could probably hit both shows, if your Dad is up to it. There are also plenty of places to eat. It might make for a nice day out of the house.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    Yeah he's dying to get out and about. I was gonna tote my AR-10 around and see if I could pawn it off or sell it. Who knows, it seems like its at the small shows where you see the good random stuff.

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    Isn't there also an indoor shooting range in Kokomo? Guns and Boats or something? Be pretty cool if you found a gun you liked and got to test fire it right down the street from the show.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I like the idea that both shows are this weekend because I head to Kokomo up US31 and it is just a slight jog east to hit the Tipton show on the way back. That is unless I find something at Kokomo and don't have any spending money left! :D

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Bulls eye is just down the road on US31. I use their range sometimes. Not a bad place.

I've gotten a few handguns and holsters there over the past few years.
    They've been very fair to me with every purchase. If I don't find anything at the Kokomo show I'm going to stop by Bull's Eye and see what I can buy. :yesway:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Did anyone who made it to kokomo today see any military surplus vendors?

I'm in the market.

A few tables had military surplus stuff, not a big selection. My son took a shotgun, just to see if anyone would trade or offer money....we made it about half an isle an a guy asked about it an bought it!!! They had some really nice Mosin Nagants, hex barrels, some from the 30's, nice shape with cleaning kits an bayonets....100.00...I bought a couple shirts, hat, AR mag, an a knife from Brads Knives...man did it ever storm right after we got there!!!

Top Bottom