• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    One of my favs was ZZ Top early when they were a lead in band. Everything was white, carpet, clothes, equipment and while they played, the lighting would change their color. Of course they were awesome.

ZZ was here in the early 80's and it was a great concert. The eliminatot tour.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I thought this thread was about the Rush time machine tour! I would get in a time machine to go see that one again, they played the entire moving pictures album, and me and the wife had front row seats for it when they played the KFC Yum center.

If it could be any band though, probably Hendrix, the show that was recorded live for the Band of Gypsies album.

Or maybe a Hank Williams show.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Being older and a music head I got to see lots of the bands list before this.

phish and dead, many many. Zz top, Stevie Ray (at butler univ and deer creek) ac/dc open for kiss. Rush back at the convention center in the 1970's. Stevie Winwood. Yes. Moody blues. Pink Floyd on animals tour. PanterA at the brawl room in Chicago. Rem before and after end of the world as we know it. Frank Zappa at the vogue. Johnny cash at the vogue. Marshal tucker at the vogue. The Ramones at the vogue. Dave Mathews and Lyle mays at the vogue. Don't worry Alice and chains fans I don't think anyone every saw Mr. staley play sober. Saw him many times. Lalapalooza from the first years. Red hot chilli peppers at the Patio. ECT. Those I all have covered.

concerts I would have liked to see:
    bob marley and the wailers (1970's white boys did not get much of a chance to see him)
    led zep ( had the Chicago paper to order tickets when john Bonham died)
    Miles Davis
    And steely dan in the 1972 shows. (I did hear I would have been unimpressed)

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I have one, the Arcade Monkeys were great live in 2087 at the Pendulum in Ohio. In 2087 nobody goes to the coasts anymore, its too crowded. All the cool stuff is in the midwest.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Sorry SD, I have been referencing Jr. Not heard any of 3's tunes.

I have not seen Hank III, but I attended many Hank Jr. shows back in the early 80s, when he was at the peak of his whiskey bent and hell bound phase. Man, those were some crazy shows! He'd throw in a few of his songs, but he'd also play a lot of Van Halen, Skynard, Zeppelin......

I always wanted to see Hank Jr and Waylon together, but never got to.:(

Mikeshep1462

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Sweetser
    The Grateful Dead with Jerry.. Seen em' plenty of times without, but it just isn't the same.

Pink Floyd.. Animals, Wish You Were Here, The Wall.. Any tour will do, but would like any of these 3 the most. The song Wish You Were Here holds a lot of meaning to me. Was played a the funeral of someone very important to me, and still makes me cry sometimes when I hear it.

Stevie Ray Vaughan.. I think he played Hendrix better than Hendrix played Hendrix. lol

Pantera.. Would go to Damage Plan as well. Specifically the Columbus, Ohio show, so I could pee on Nathan Gale as he lay dying on the floor after shooting Dimebag. That is if nothing could be done to stop Dimebag's death in the first place.

Led Zepplin

Jimi Hendrix.. I'm actually not so sure about telling him to stop doing drugs like another poster above stated. His music may have never been what it was had it not been for the drugs.

I'm sure there's plenty more that currently evade me.

Top Bottom