Time frame for ATF to send back corrected errors?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iufan2010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    southeast side of indy
    I got my paperwork back for my sbr on 6/3 to correct an error I made with it. I sent it back two days later and still have not received my approved forms. When i call to check on my status they say 60-90 days to fix the corrections! Has anyone else had this long of wait for paperwork sent back?

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I got my paperwork back for my sbr on 6/3 to correct an error I made with it. I sent it back two days later and still have not received my approved forms. When i call to check on my status they say 60-90 days to fix the corrections! Has anyone else had this long of wait for paperwork sent back?

That's pretty long. When I went through this a year ago with my subgun, they turned around the forms in a couple of weeks after I got them the corrected forms.

iufan2010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    southeast side of indy
    I just called the NFA branch to get a status on my forms and was told it wen't pending on June 18th. Why would my corrections go pending? Am I going to have to wait a couple months again for my paperwork?

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I just called the NFA branch to get a status on my forms and was told it wen't pending on June 18th. Why would my corrections go pending? Am I going to have to wait a couple months again for my paperwork?

Did you speak with your examiner, or has just been dealing with them via the mail? When I went through my whole ordeal, I was in regular phone communication with my examiner (but then again, it got ridiculous enough that she had to involve the Deputy Director, so maybe my situation was a special case).

pasonik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Darn! I had mine returned on June 13th and returned them the same day so, iufan, I'll eagerly be looking for your announcement! That is, if they go by dates. I had mine returned for failure to include the citizenship form. I knew nothing about it. I also saw no mention of it in the NFA of 1934 of which I read through again yesterday. I didn't read any of the information on the form 1 so it might be there. Anyone know?

iufan2010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    southeast side of indy
    Beowulf, I haven't spoke with my examiner. When I had it returned, I should have written their info down so I would know who to contact. Rookie mistake there. I'm worried it somehow was looked as a new app even though i had my error paperwork with it.

Pasonik, hopefully you have better luck than me. I'll be watching your status to see if maybe mine is an oddball situation. Everything I've seen points to the fact that this wait for me isn't the norm.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    Everything they do now, including corrections that used to take 2-3 weeks is now taking 60+ days. I have a suppressor I've been waiting on now since December of last year that went pending April 11 that still hasn't been approved. :xmad:

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    Beowulf, I haven't spoke with my examiner. When I had it returned, I should have written their info down so I would know who to contact. Rookie mistake there. I'm worried it somehow was looked as a new app even though i had my error paperwork with it.

Pasonik, hopefully you have better luck than me. I'll be watching your status to see if maybe mine is an oddball situation. Everything I've seen points to the fact that this wait for me isn't the norm.

All the examiners are now assigned to regions of the US, so if you are an Indiana resident (I assume you are) your examiner is Nicole Dudash - 07.

http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2...f-nfa-applications-for-processing-by-atf.html

iufan2010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    southeast side of indy
    10ring, thanks for the info about that. Sorry to hear you've been waiting that long too, but it's kinda nice to know I'm not alone. Hopefully we both get our approval forms here soon.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The assistant researchers they hired have been working applications as well. In my case it was an assistant, not Dudash. To be safe, just ask them next time you call.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    The assistant researchers they hired have been working applications as well. In my case it was an assistant, not Dudash. To be safe, just ask them next time you call.

May be, but your stamp will be signed off by Nicole Dudash, all 4 of my current stamps were signed by her.

digitalrebel80

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    New Whiteland
    Thats the second pending date its the date that it went to examiners desk for final approval. That means its all good its just wait for her to put the stamp on it. I have 2 in the same situation there second pending is about the 25th of june. Right now they are running 60-90 days from the second pending date. Hope that helps.

Gingerbread Man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    Columbia
    I'm in SC and I had some correction to make on 2 SBRs a few years ago. They were my first two. I got the highlighted forms back and did the corrections. I sent them off and had them back in less than 2 weeks.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    I think wait times are becoming very random. I sent in an SBR and Suppressor on Oct. 25th. SBR paperwork came back 1 day shy of 6 months with an error, fixed, sent back and had stamp in under 2 weeks. Suppressor went problem 1 day shy of 6 months, took a month to get that error fixed (manufacturer issue with the serial number), 1 month then for ATF to send back again with another error, fix turned around in 2 days had stamp 4 days later (almost 10 months total time).

Top Bottom