• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    We have those bugs from last year again already. I don't remember the name of them and I can't find the old thread either.:rolleyes:
    Someone even posted a pic of it last year. Anyway a few stayed around throughout winter but now they are back in swarms again. Last year was the first year I saw them. I wish I knew the name of them and how to get rid of them.

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    We have those bugs from last year again already. I don't remember the name of them and I can't find the old thread either.:rolleyes:
    Someone even posted a pic of it last year. Anyway a few stayed around throughout winter but now they are back in swarms again. Last year was the first year I saw them. I wish I knew the name of them and how to get rid of them.

Knife Lady - are you talking about asian beetles??

Harmonia axyridis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Funny thing is, we introduce them to control a problem, and now they are a problem. Look at the article and see how we are now trying to find a way to control them! Maybe mother nature doesn't want our help!

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI

If they are small, flat, and the bodies almost look 5 sided they may be stink bugs. They are making their way north. I watched a show on them. They are prolific breeders, and very difficult to get rid of. They love corn and bean fields. One female = 600 new stink bugs in a very short time.

As for the ticks, w had never had an issue until last year. Dog picked up 3 in 3 weeks last fall. He's an inside dog, and only goes out in the yard as needed. Hopefully the cold weather and the foot of snow we got last week will help.

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    was out running the dogs in the woods this weekend and the german short haired had 2 deer ticks after a couple of hours. horrible little things, goin to be a bad tick season i fear! make sure you check your animals as well as yourself!

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    If you ever come to southern Indiana to hike Knobstone Trail be prepared to deal with deer tick! If this year is like last year they will be bad. What is a good repellant?

Don't remember the name of it and too lazy to get up and look at it but I've found something with a name like duranon to work really well. It isn't a repellent, it is an insecticide. You spray it on your clothes, not your skin, the ticks get on your clothes, they get the duranon (or what ever it is) on them and die.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    My wife and I just got back from a half hour walk in the woods (no mushrooms yet in our favorite spot), and between us, we had 51 ticks crawling on our legs! There were dog ticks, lone star ticks, and deer ticks. It looks like this is going to be a really bad year for them. Correction, 52, just found another little bugger.

Top Bottom