Three new converts drank the koolaid yesterday!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    So, yesterday, I held 'shooting party' for my girlfriend to celebrate her birthday. It was her idea because she wanted to invite some of the girls from her office over to show them that shooting sports and handguns can be fun.

Low and behold, three of the 4 staunch "I hate guns. I can't see why people need them. I will NEVER shoot a pistol." ladies had a blast. They fired nearly every pistol we had in attendence. .22LR, .380, .38, 357 Mag, .40 and .45. I was awesome to see their faces turn from uncertainty, to interest, to "This is really cool", to "hey, I think I might want to do this more often." The strongest of the "haters" left last night with an "I'm a bad a$$ Mom" statement. :rockwoot:

I have always believed that most 'gun haters' develop their views from a position of ignorance. This definately helps strengthen that belief.

What a great birthday party!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Me thinks that the word will get out a work and bring them running :)
    One of them has already asked up to take her "looking" for out shopping for a pistol. She was friggin hilarious,,,,started out timid with a P22 and ended up falling in love with my XDm .40. And she's about 4'3" tall !!! I think she put a box of ammo through it before the day was done.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    That's awesome. I took my oldest son's mom to the range yesterday because he wanted to show her how he can shoot plus she had never shot anything before. She was really nervous before and didn't understand how to use the sights but by the en of the day she was shooting pretty darn good. She had a blast and I made it a few hours hanging out with her without wanting to off myself. She ended up paying for the range time to boot.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    My Mom hated guns for years. Always asked why Dad and I had so many. Or, why we carried. Once we got her to go she loved it. Dad even bought her a P22. I agree most people form their opinions of guns off of uneducated thinking. Instead of forming their own opinions from experience.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Rep to you for winning more hearts and minds. I would never get bored of reading threads like this and nothing is more satisfying (well... ALMOST nothing) than helping someone shoot for their first time.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    I spent the day at the range yesterday for a class. One of the gals in the class is a recent convert with a bunch of her girlfriends. They all go shooting together and have a couple of ex-mil guys who give them a hand when needed. I don't think I've ever seen a gal on a range who was having more fun than her (unless I count my daughter, who always develops this **** eating grin for some reason).

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Man, I need to work on "converting" some of my wife's female coworkers. For their own future safety of course. :)

I spent the day at the range yesterday for a class. One of the gals in the class is a recent convert with a bunch of her girlfriends. They all go shooting together and have a couple of ex-mil guys who give them a hand when needed. I don't think I've ever seen a gal on a range who was having more fun than her (unless I count my daughter, who always develops this **** eating grin for some reason).

That's awesome. I took my oldest son's mom to the range yesterday because he wanted to show her how he can shoot plus she had never shot anything before. She was really nervous before and didn't understand how to use the sights but by the en of the day she was shooting pretty darn good. She had a blast and I made it a few hours hanging out with her without wanting to off myself. She ended up paying for the range time to boot.

I see all these responses and just realized now we'll have to start locking up our guns every 28 days. Maybe this isn't such a good thing after all.:laugh:

BTW: Thank you all for the rep points awarded. I apologize if I haven't been able to thank each one individually. There have been so many, I have kind of lost track.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Me thinks that the word will get out a work and bring them running :)
    One of them has already asked up to take her "looking" for out shopping for a pistol. She was friggin hilarious,,,,started out timid with a P22 and ended up falling in love with my XDm .40. And she's about 4'3" tall !!! I think she put a box of ammo through it before the day was done.

See that's the problem right there! Had it been a Glock she would have gone that day and bought one!:):

No seriously good job on getting some new people on our side. I don't even hardly get asked any why I carry a weapon. Almost all my buddies are former miltary so...

My non military friends are not anti gun, just don't understand it and flip me crap and think I'm going to come into the office and go postal lol. Yes I've tried to explain the what if things of getting home... Heck my one buddy has come home once to his home being broken into (didn't know that's what was going on) and a second person at the back of his house lookin in the doors and such. He doesn't carry.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I have always believed that most 'gun haters' develop their views from a position of ignorance. This definately helps strengthen that belief.

I will be honest. I was not so much a gun hater, but I was absolutely part of the "You don't need that." "Why do you have that crowd?"

But, then my intrigue got the better of me and I went shooting with some friends. 6 or 7 years later, I own several guns, joined the NRA, joined this forum, got my fiance' interested in shooting, took family members out that were anti-gun and transformed their views, Got my LTCH, got my fiance' her LTCH, continuously educate myself about guns, ammo, etc., and started paying more attention to political candidates or officials and their voting records.

You are absolutely correct, taking someone out shooting will 9 times out of 10, change their views and their life.

Oh yeah, I am a lot calmer person and have discovered the beauty of a shooting range trip and how it can completely reduce a person's aggression and make them feel at peace afterwards.

Top Bottom