• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    3 cops hit by car, man shot dead by police on South Side :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Chicago Crime

Summary of article. Guy is being stopped for traffic violation, decides to speed away, Chicago PD blocks him off. Guy hits CPD car with LEOs inside, his car starts on fire, he tend backs up and rams the CPD car behind him, hitting a 3rd LEO as he is trying to get out of the car. Then the guy rans the front police car again and is going to try and ram the back one when the LEOs finally open fire. Radio is reporting that 52 shots were fired killing the driver and wounding the passanger (a girl).

All three LEOs are in the hospital recovering from wounds. BG is dead BTW.

Guess what they found in the car? Guns and drugs. :rolleyes:

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

The next MEET & EAT is on 28 AUG 10 (sign up!)
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ngo_meet_and_eat_oc_cc_-_sat_28_aug_10_a.html

The next MEET & SHOOT is on 18 SEP 10 (sign up!)
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_sat_18_sep_2010_a.html

Appleseed for NWI
    Need help on finding a location see here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sounds like a rocket scientist... gee I wonder if guys with guns will shoot me if I start ramming my vehicle into them...

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Reminds me of a story my buddy told me. He was in pursuit of a stolen car and possible drugs. They cornered the car in the ally. My buddy broke out the carbine. About that time the backup lights came on and engine reved up. Luckily the driver decided to give up. My buddy said the situation would have turned bad either for him or the driver of the car. Buddy doesn't know if he could live with killing a ..... Wait for it .... 14 year old kid.

Yes a car can be a deadly weapon!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    garfield-romel-king_20100823074741_320_240.JPG
    The rocket scientist who decided that he could survive if he just rammed the cops a few more times . . . but died on the scene.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    garfield-romel-king_20100823074741_320_240.JPG
    The rocket scientist who decided that he could survive if he just rammed the cops a few more times . . . but died on the scene.

Hey... I can see this. Okay follow this. We know that Obama has told NASA their primary mission is to make a certain group of desert nomads feel good about themselves. This guy just may be able to make them feel smart :D

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    52 shots???? really?? seems a little excessive :dunno:

Once you make the decision to shoot, you shoot until the BG is no longer a threat. Shooting INTO a vehicle at night, may or may not be able to see what's happening inside it; you've already been hit once (each) by the car and the adrenaline's hopping though your system. You also know that your handgun (whichever one it may be) hasn't necessarily got great stopping power through metal, so you just keep pouring it in until you're sure the BG is down.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Meh...probably not. There were probably 5 or more cops shooting...I know most of the police videos I've seen where the cops ended up firing almost always showed them dumping their entire mags.
    It would be pretty hard to tell when a guy driving a car is actually out of commission too...the car was probably still moving when they were shooting so they probably didn't know if he was finished trying to ram them yet...
    That and the massive amount of adrenaline pumping through their bodies would make it hard to count your shots...IMO

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008

You also must realize that each officer present is doing roughly the same thing independently of other officers. STOP THE THREAT TO ME AND MY FELLOW OFFICERS.

3-4 officers present and you'll get 52 shots. I bet none of them reloaded until empty...

-J-

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    When I was in ILEA Firearms Instructor School (A LONG time ago!) we were taught that the average number of rounds fired in a gun fight, equaled the exact number of rounds that everyone involved had in their weapons.
    Adrenaline, anger, and fear, are in complete control of the shooters trigger finger.
    The brain is disconnected!!
    Mike

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    When I was in ILEA Firearms Instructor School (A LONG time ago!) we were taught that the average number of rounds fired in a gun fight, equaled the exact number of rounds that everyone involved had in their weapons.
    Adrenaline, anger, and fear, are in complete control of the shooters trigger finger.
    The brain is disconnected!!
    Mike
    This sounds right to me.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    52 shots is actually not that much considering they are firing into a car with handguns.
    See this: The Box O' Truth - The Buick O' Truth

In that they show that firing into a car with a handgun is NOT very effective and you are going to miss your mark more than hit it.

Plus as other's have stated there were several LEOs at the scene each trying to stop this guy from killing them all!

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois

Really? Between 3 Officers? Shooting into a moving car? At a moving target within the moving target? At night? When it is more likely than not, that they were trained to engage the threat until it is no longer a threat (stopped)? and studies show that when put in a stressful situation (life and death) most Officers will revert %100 back to their training?

Top Bottom