• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    On an earlier post I made a statement that I have since erased as I did not want to cause an uproar that was apparently about to be unleashed on me with all of hell's fury.

Anyway I wrote that....being in the NRA should be required to have an account on these forums.

I am a firm believer that any man/woman who has their LTCH or a long gun should be in the NRA. If you are a supporter of the 2nd Amendment you should be in the NRA. IF YOU OWN A GUN AND BELIEVE IT IS YOUR RIGHT...you should be in the NRA.

Now this is just a personal belief and I don't mean to cause this to get into an ugly discussion...however, if you don't agree with me let us have a friendly debate. If you do agree then share your opinions as well.

I can sum my opinion up quite quickly with a comparison to politics:

If you don't vote then you have no right to complain. If you aren't in the NRA but are a gun owner don't complain that people are trying to take your freedom away.

Now please don't hate me as I am just curious to hear your opinions.

This is the part where we need to have a smiley of someone waving a white flag as to say I come in peace.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    On an earlier post I made a statement that I have since erased as I did not want to cause an uproar that was apparently about to be unleashed on me with all of hell's fury.

Anyway I wrote that....being in the NRA should be required to have an account on these forums.

I am a firm believer that any man/woman who has their LTCH or a long gun should be in the NRA. If you are a supporter of the 2nd Amendment you should be in the NRA. IF YOU OWN A GUN AND BELIEVE IT IS YOUR RIGHT...you should be in the NRA.

Now this is just a personal belief and I don't mean to cause this to get into an ugly discussion...however, if you don't agree with me let us have a friendly debate. If you do agree then share your opinions as well.

I can sum my opinion up quite quickly with a comparison to politics:

If you don't vote then you have no right to complain. If you aren't in the NRA but are a gun owner don't complain that people are trying to take your freedom away.

Now please don't hate me as I am just curious to hear your opinions.

This is the part where we need to have a smiley of someone waving a white flag as to say I come in peace.

I've been in the NRA for years (because I love junk mail and stickers). While I'll give it to them for trying to fight for gun owners (or at least attempting to look like it), they aren't the ones that do the most for gun owners. But hey, where else would I get my stickers, knives ever year or 2, magazines I don't really want, and 15-20 solicitations for donations each month if I weren't a member?

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I saw this in direct response to the statement I removed earlier....maybe I should be scared.

Though if anyone feels this is a bad idea for a thread let me know and I will remove it. I don't wanna step on anyones toes.

Don't be scared, it's just that IMO you will get some interesting responses, it'll be fun to read them

abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    Hahahaha, not legitimately scared. I guess a figure of speech. I expect to get some interesting opinions and responses as well. That was my reason for the thread. I feel though it is much better to make a thread and explain my intent than to leave in a ill timed remark.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    :twocents:I am an NRA Member again, I left some time back because of one simple fact. If you send them any donation to help the cause they hound you for the rest of you life. I don't mind an occasional solisitation but 2 a week is way out of line. They were spending more on sending me notes and duns than I could possibly have ever donated.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    There are a lot of groups that I think are worthy to be a part of. Gun Owners of America was already mentioned, and there's JPFO Homepage and don't forget Second Amendment Foundation Online which contrary to popular belief are the ones who actually brought the McDonald and Heller cases to court, and who are still filing lawsuits. But the NRA is, for good or ill, the big dog in the house. They're the ones that the politicians are afraid of. My thoughts are that you should support them all, even though I don't agree with some of the things that the NRA does. I guess I figure that if I can help move the NRA into a better direction by voting good people to the board of directors that perhaps it'll be worth it.

abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    I guess i have never looked at it from that standpoint. I just feel that it is an easily accessible avenue to contribute to guns rights. I think that you need to actively do something to contribute and this is the easiest way. (joining the NRA and/or the GOA)

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    :twocents:I am an NRA Member again, I left some time back because of one simple fact. If you send them any donation to help the cause they hound you for the rest of you life. I don't mind an occasional solisitation but 2 a week is way out of line. They were spending more on sending me notes and duns than I could possibly have ever donated.

Call them and tell them that you don't want their solicitations. I get maybe a letter a month if even that. It's a simple and quick fix.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I don't understand why people are giving you bad rep, since it is a legit question. I personally don't like the sound of a forum that REQUIRES some one to pay for membership, even if it is to a great foundation like the NRA. Maybe have a special badge under your username like "NRA Supporter" just like the "Site supporter" badge?

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I don't understand why people are giving you bad rep, since it is a legit question. I personally don't like the sound of a forum that REQUIRES some one to pay for membership, even if it is to a great foundation like the NRA. Maybe have a special badge under your username like "NRA Supporter" just like the "Site supporter" badge?

RFC does this, I think it's a good idea. You can get badges for being a supporter, veteran, NRA member and other things

Barbecue

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    I don't think the site needs to require NRA membership, but I am a NRA member and proud of it. I think others that own a rifle should join as well, but this being a free country it's their right to do as they wish and I'm not the type to push my beliefs down others' throats. Lead by example. :twocents:

Top Bottom