• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    I've had mine for about three months now. I love the versatility. Not a fan of .45 Colt, but slugs and 000 buck is a must.

Last week at the range I was messing around and shot a slug at the 50 yarder. Walked down range, and found I had hit just to the right. I laughed.:rockwoot:

BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle

Great review! Unfortunatly my personal test results differed. I found slugs to be more penetrating than long colt. I had the privelege to shoot at a state police range where a car stood all good and shot up.

The colt bounced off I found it 3 feet from the car fender I shot at. Both 000 buck and slug penetrated with no problem whatsoever.

As for target load or bird shot, well if you really want to **** someone off or possibly at the least blind them....then I guess it will work.:D

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I just don't get it, and I'm a huge fan of .45 Colt.

I agree totally. I've carried various SAA clones for personal protection for years and love the .45 Colt cartridge. I just don't get the praise for the Judge. It's a huge handgun for carry. If you want something that will give you good performance on bad guys get a hi-cap 9mm. It'll be smaller, lighter and carry more, better performing shells than any .410 shell. Look at a .410 slug. You are talkling about a lead round nose of .41 cal that weighs less than half as much as a good SWC-HP load in .45 Colt shells. Any, you can get a .45acp autoloader that will shoot a round about as powerful as the .45 Colt and will hold at least seven rounds in a flatter, easier to carry handgun.

It's a bad compromise as far as I'm concerned. A big, bulky revolver, too large for power/firepower to size ratio and a **** poor shotgun. The .410 is the worst shotshell round and then you handicap it even worse by putting it in a 3-6" barrel with rifling! How well do you think that spinning the wad column helps out patterns? I'm not against anyone wanting or buying one, it just amazes me that this "Jack of all trades; master of none" get so much praise lauded on it.

Doug K

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    I shot my friends and had some issues with the shotshells ejecting. They were really hard to remove. Other than that, it was a fun gun to shoot.

BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    Yeah I see what you all are saying. I'm keeping it my car. Because on Taurus' website it advertises it as a car defense gun. No matter what round caliber, if they are at your window within 3 feet, the person on the outside of your door is not happy.

originalhonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    greenwood
    ive heard all good things about the gun.when i took one out and shot it i liked the slugs the best but ive only shot at paper with this gun . after the first bird shot hit the paper i was over it. like bsurugger said i guess you could poke an eye out or **** them off.as far as a house gun i like it.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Has anybody found ballistics tables for the 3" barrel Judge? I'd like to see how it compares in energy to something like, say, a .357 magnum. Box of truth doesn't give it much hope as a defense handgun.

Top Bottom