• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Mac 1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    New Castle, IN
    I'm sure this topic has been beat to death, but... Just wanted to see how many out there are on dozens of email waiting lists... I bet I'm on over 10 waiting lists for 223 projectiles & 223 brass. Andrew has kept me stocked in powder and some primers (before December), but everything else is dried up and I don't see them coming back any time soon. I think everything they make will go into completed rounds..

Just curious!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I dunno, I just got a delivery of 5000 230grain LRN 45acp bullets yesterday, ordered them last week. I've been able to find primers, but I've been buying since before the panic. Now sitting on 26,000 primers in various sizes, but 10,000 each small pistol and large pistol. With the remaining 6000 being split between small/large rifle.

Trusted sources continue to take care of valued customers?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have had no luck recently in finding small pistol primers. I don't reload yet but due to the shortage of ammo I have been buying the bullets and powder for a friend who is loading some for me.

Big Mac 1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    New Castle, IN
    I know what you mean on primers. I've been stocking up on small rifle primers for awhile. I only load 40 s&w for pistol and I have plenty for it. I just can't find 55 fmj any longer.

Thanks

I dunno, I just got a delivery of 5000 230grain LRN 45acp bullets yesterday, ordered them last week. I've been able to find primers, but I've been buying since before the panic. Now sitting on 26,000 primers in various sizes, but 10,000 each small pistol and large pistol. With the remaining 6000 being split between small/large rifle.

Hosted

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Albion
    I've had good luck the past couple weeks in the classified section of ar15.com. I've got 1000 pieces of brass coming for just a little more than it would have been before the madness and got just under 500 varmint and match bullets yesterday that a guy had sitting on his shelf for $55 shipped. You have to be fast over there though because stuff sells very fast.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Just this past week midsouth and midway both had 55gr fmj in stock and cheap too. Ordered 1k and they sold out within the hour.

While I'm waiting on boolits to come back in stock, I spend my time on the rifle brass... sizing, trimming, priming...

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Now sitting on 26,000 primers in various sizes

Dog gone it, melen, I don't know about you, but with me, the "Pucker Factor" sets in when I get DOWN to that amount of primer stock?? HA HA...Bill.

PS: I could only WISH that I had that kind of stock??

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Dog gone it, melen, I don't know about you, but with me, the "Pucker Factor" sets in when I get DOWN to that amount of primer stock?? HA HA...Bill.

PS: I could only WISH that I had that kind of stock??

26,000 isn't really that much when you break it down.

10,000 for 9mm in small pistol primer. That is less than a summer of shooting.
    10,000 for 45acp in larger pistol primer. That is a bit more than a summer of shooting.

The rifle, depending on year, can run out quickly (couple of months) or last quite a while (year) depending on my mood, if my daughter brings friends over to shoot, etc.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

10,000 for 45acp in larger pistol primer. That is a bit more than a summer of shooting.

The rifle, depending on year, can run out quickly (couple of months) or last quite a while (year) depending on my mood, if my daughter brings friends over to shoot, etc.

I really need to shoot more...:n00b:

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I have plenty of brass and a few primers left for .223, but I can't find any bullets anywhere. Thought I had a few thousand coming, but they were unable to fill my order at a few places in the last week. Thought I was good on pistol ammo for while, but the lack of supplies has me slightly concerned to say the least.

Big Mac 1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    New Castle, IN
    Just this past week midsouth and midway both had 55gr fmj in stock and cheap too. Ordered 1k and they sold out within the hour.

While I'm waiting on boolits to come back in stock, I spend my time on the rifle brass... sizing, trimming, priming...

I've been doing a lot of sizing for sure! It sounds like you almost have to check these places on an hourly basis.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I have plenty of brass and a few primers left for .223, but I can't find any bullets anywhere. Thought I had a few thousand coming, but they were unable to fill my order at a few places in the last week. Thought I was good on pistol ammo for while, but the lack of supplies has me slightly concerned to say the least.

I noticed Scharch has some pulled bullets in stock.

.223 62gr SS109 Pull-Downs | Top Brass, Inc.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009

I guess all things are relative. 10K small pistol primers would last me at least 5 years and 10K large pistol primers would last 10 years, or more. My family and I just don't shoot pistols all that much.

You don't say how many small rifle primers you have, of those 6K, but we do tend to go through a fair amount of those. Still, 3K small rifle primers would last at least 2 years and 3K large rifle primers would last...heck, I don't know how long. At least 5 years, maybe 10.

A word to the wise: Forums like this are monitored by big brother. Posting that you have such an excess of primers is probably not in your best interests. :patriot:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    If you guys would stop scrambling around buying, buying and more buying the shortages would go away. Too many buyers "stocking up" is the reason for the shortages and the high prices. Get a grip.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    This is the same thing that happened 4 years ago after BHO got elected the first time. Powder and primer supplied dried up for several months. I learned from that experience and keep ample stock. I even have large pistol primers that I don't use, in case I have to trade. It will likely get better once the panic dies down.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I guess all things are relative. 10K small pistol primers would last me at least 5 years and 10K large pistol primers would last 10 years, or more. My family and I just don't shoot pistols all that much.

You don't say how many small rifle primers you have, of those 6K, but we do tend to go through a fair amount of those. Still, 3K small rifle primers would last at least 2 years and 3K large rifle primers would last...heck, I don't know how long. At least 5 years, maybe 10.

A word to the wise: Forums like this are monitored by big brother. Posting that you have such an excess of primers is probably not in your best interests. :patriot:
    It is all relative, but if "big brother" wants to come visit and look at my stuff, that is OK with me (as long as he brings the appropriate search warrants, justifying probable cause).

We shoot a lot. When my wife and I were shooting Trap together, we'd shoot 1000 rounds a week of shotgun alone. At the same time we also were shooting handgun, mostly bowling pin shoots (yeah, I'm THAT old) with 45s.

Now my family shoots together and we shoot on our private range, as well as at public ranges. 26,000 primers won't last the long here. Nothing illegal about being a competitive shooter, practicing, or recycling my brass.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I'm sure this topic has been beat to death, but... Just wanted to see how many out there are on dozens of email waiting lists... I bet I'm on over 10 waiting lists for 223 projectiles & 223 brass. Andrew has kept me stocked in powder and some primers (before December), but everything else is dried up and I don't see them coming back any time soon. I think everything they make will go into completed rounds..

Just curious!

I checked pulled bullets, this morning, and everyone is OUT !!!!!

Top Bottom