This writer thinks the way to ban guns, is to stop the NRA from spending money.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    To End School Shootings, Tackle Government Corruption | Charlotte Hill

So, according to Charlotte Hill, of the Huffington Post, the reason more gun laws aren't being passed, is because the NRA spends money against politicians.

This is the cold, hard reality: Any member of Congress who supports gun control legislation today faces a tidal wave of NRA money aimed squarely at kicking them out of office. In the 2012 federal election cycle, the NRA spent nearly $20 million to defeat politicians -- both Democrats and Republicans -- who voted in favor of gun regulations, and to elect politicians who championed unfettered access to guns.

So, I guess it's okay with her that Bloomberg all by himself wants to spend $50 million.

And, in her mind, it has nothing to do with politicians worried about being voted out of office.
    Because...
    (And yes, it is extreme, given that according to a 2013 Johns Hopkins poll, "89 percent of Americans support closing the so-called gun show loophole by requiring background checks for all firearms sale; 69 percent support banning the sale of semiautomatic assault weapons; while 68 percent support banning the sale of large-capacity ammunition magazines.")

And she must be an expert.
    Cause she's seen guns in movies, and....
    Until a week ago, I worked at Change.org, where I saw thousands of people tackle seemingly insurmountable problems and, through creative online petitioning, win

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Uh, it's the Huffington Post, the 'epitome' of left lunacy. Hello?! :nuts:

And, 'of course', the John Hopkins 'poll' came FROM the "Bloomberg School of Public Health". NO 'conflict of interest' in that, eh? :rolleyes:

MPD742

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 13, 2014
    Grant County
    So, the NRA's use of the 1st amendment to protect the 2nd is corruption? I think not. The 1st step in reducing school violence is to overcome denial: gun free zones do not work.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    So, the NRA's use of the 1st amendment to protect the 2nd is corruption? I think not. The 1st step in reducing school violence is to overcome denial: gun free zones do not work.

Not really, the gun violence issue (and many other issues that are dragging this country down to the gutters) goes much deeper than a simple policy change. Even if it were possible to remove all guns and ammunition from the hands of every citizen in this country, the lack of respect for life, and consideration for others is absent in this country (generally speaking). The root cause of many of the problems in this world today is a shift toward self centeredness, and instant gratification being the expected norm. No amount of legislation or policy change is going to turn that around. It will take generations of parents that raise their children to be better people, and to respect the value of life.

MPD742

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 13, 2014
    Grant County
    Not really, the gun violence issue (and many other issues that are dragging this country down to the gutters) goes much deeper than a simple policy change. Even if it were possible to remove all guns and ammunition from the hands of every citizen in this country, the lack of respect for life, and consideration for others is absent in this country (generally speaking). The root cause of many of the problems in this world today is a shift toward self centeredness, and instant gratification being the expected norm. No amount of legislation or policy change is going to turn that around. It will take generations of parents that raise their children to be better people, and to respect the value of life.

Media will not report it but gun violence is urban not rural, it is African-American on African-American, it is Hispanic on Hispanic. There is the root problem now fix away.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Guys, she is an MPP candidate at Berkeley. She knows absolutely nothing beyond what her professors tell her. She has no sense of history or the roots of the gun culture. She is nothing but a pawn.

I'll give it a fisking but I wouldn't pay it any attention.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Guys, she is an MPP candidate at Berkeley. She knows absolutely nothing beyond what her professors tell her. She has no sense of history or the roots of the gun culture. She is nothing but a pawn.

I'll give it a fisking but I wouldn't pay it any attention.

Dont take this personal Kirk, but it seems that the vast majority of college educated people are seriously delusional about gun control, and quite often a bit disconnected with reality. Those that I do know that buck this stereotype are usually not exactly welcomed with open arms into the social circles of many of their colleagues.

Top Bottom