• ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    This doesn't make a lot of sense.

What sort of teacher wears that to school?

13 year's old = 6th grade...At the very end of the video, it shows a bunch of high school kids.

Anyway, yeah that was brutal...If she caught fire, I wouldn't feel bad.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    he probably deserved it

Came here to say this. I can't imagine a scenario where I would approve of this teacher's actions, but to summarily judge without knowing the whole story isn't right. Maybe the kid just stabbed a classmate, in which case you'd be applauding the beating.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    I was a bastard when I was a kid. Mouthy, disrepectful and alot worse. I ended up at a school that allowed physical restraint. Some days were not much different than what appeared on that video. With the exception of the amount of teachers that would pile on.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Came here to say this. I can't imagine a scenario where I would approve of this teacher's actions, but to summarily judge without knowing the whole story isn't right. Maybe the kid just stabbed a classmate, in which case you'd be applauding the beating.

The kids laughing and joking right up until the beating started strongly suggests that this isn't the case.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    She was fired and the teacher watching should be fired, as well. The kid was laughing at a mentally disabled student and the teacher thought that was the appropriate discipline. Yeah, that's a good lesson and he deserved it.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    you can hear in the video, a man's voice ask her what she's doing, and she says "cuuuuz! he jsut tried to hit that girl!" and then she shakes him and yells "fight a girl!" a couple times...

he deserved a good whack upside the head (which he got a few of), but having his ribs kicked and his head shoved into a wall..?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    She was fired and the teacher watching should be fired, as well. The kid was laughing at a mentally disabled student and the teacher thought that was the appropriate discipline. Yeah, that's a good lesson and he deserved it.

I came back in here to say this.

Here's the story:

HOUSTON - It's a story you saw First on FOX: A charter school has fired one of its teachers -- accused of beating up a student on video.

A classmate captured the entire incident on their cell phone.

The teacher in question, identified by school officials as Sherri Davis, was officially terminated on Monday night.

“Now that officials at Jamie’s House Charter School have been able to review the video on Fox News, we are horrified at the actions of the teacher,” principal David Jones said in a statement.

The video, shared with FOX 26 News by a parent, shows a sixth grade student being kicked and pummeled. The student's parent says the video is now in the hands of Harris County Sheriff's investigators. She says the teacher attacked 13-year-old Isaiah Johnson at the north Harris County charter school in late April.

"I'm horrified. I just can't believe something like that would happen to my child," Alesha Johnson told FOX 26 News.

The attack goes on for nearly a minute. Isaiah Johnson said it felt much longer.

"I was on the wall like this trying to get away from her and she started hitting me, banging my head to the wall and kicking me," Isaiah said.

"He's had a knot on his head for a week. He had a black eye, bruises on his cheek," Alesha added.

Other children in the class were watching and videotaping the attack. You can even hear some laughing.

The alleged incident happened just after TAKS testing two weeks ago.

Isaiah Johnson said it all started as he and other classmates watched and laughed as a mentally challenged girl danced.

That's when he says the teacher attacked the 13-year-old. Isaiah said he was beaten by the teacher, with other teachers looking on, right there in the classroom.

"The teachers piled up and they were looking over each others shoulders just watching," Isaiah said.

David Jones, the principal of the school, released a statement later in the day.

"There is no excuse for a teacher to behave in this way with a child," Jones said. "Although we had already removed the teacher from the classroom and put her on administrative duty, we now plan to terminate the teacher and make an apology to the student and his mother."

Jones said the school will be investigating whether other teachers saw the incident and did not report it.

Alesha Johnson has taken the tape and filed criminal charges with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.

Jamie's House Charter School is a Texas Accredited Charter School. It opened in 1999 and is currently in good standing.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The kids laughing and joking right up until the beating started strongly suggests that this isn't the case.

I agree with you. I'm just saying that condemning the teacher to death by incineration is a bit extreme without knowing the full details.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I can assure you of this. If this woman did that to any member of my family I would immediately file charges criminally AND civilly. Lock her arse away AND take all her assets. What a waste of life.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I'm just saying that condemning the teacher to death by incineration is a bit extreme without knowing the full details.

picky, picky, picky

When was the last good "burning at the stake" you attended?

Anne_Williams_burned_at_the_stake.JPG

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I agree with you. I'm just saying that condemning the teacher to death by incineration is a bit extreme without knowing the full details.

Since I have neither the ability nor the authority to do anything to this woman, I'm just taking the story at face value. Maybe I should have just suggested a spanking, I didn't really mean to cause that much of a stir.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    IF a parent did that to their own child they would be arrested. this is clearly abusive and uncalled for. This teacher should have been arrested on the spot. She just looked like a grown up bully. She sure didnt look like a teacher to me especially the way she was dressed. All because he laughed at another kid. Regardless who the other kid was this was not the proper way to discipline. A teacher she is NOT.:twocents:

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    SHE is a teacher WOW they have really relaxed dress codes in schools. UNBELIVEABLE that she did that and that it's on video.

You have obviuosly never seen some of the IPS schools in some of the bad area's, I have done work on them and the kids cuss and carry on. All I can say is the teacher's have their hand's full. I think they appreciate anyone wanting to teach there, I doubt the dresscode really matters a whole lot?

Still no excuse for beating the kid no matter if he was making fun of a mentally handicapped person (what the story said) or not. The teacher is not the kids parent and does not have the right to inflict any kind of physical punishment on the kid, nowadays the parents aren't even allowed to or it's abuse......

I know when I got a call in from the school about misbehaving, when I got home my a$$ belonged to JOE HAYES, in other words I was getting some welts. My dad didn't care if I was right or wrong if he got a call he was on the schools side. I think if more parents didn't always think their little johnny couldn't do anything wrong there would be a big change in kids behaviors. I would do anything it took to not make the trip to the deans office. :D

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    It almost seems as if the kid is laughing during part of it. I think the teacher(?) is saying "fight a girl.. cmon fight a girl". Pretty weird situation. I just wonder what the whole story is. I'm really glad she appears to be the same race as the kid! As an aside when I was a kid we got paddled at school and then worried the rest of the day about the beating we were gonna get when we got home! We all turned out ok for the most part.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    CNN - An interview with two of the students from that class, said they were doing a dance routine, when the boy that was being hit, began aggrevating the two girls. the teacher came in and assumed the boy was fighting with the girls and said "You want to beat up a girl, I'll fight you"

CNN - It must be true

Le Doug

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Easy with the "set on fire" talk around here.

The last time the internetz got a hold of something like that it did get "set on fire" (as seen on INGO) ;)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You have obviuosly never seen some of the IPS schools in some of the bad area's, I have done work on them and the kids cuss and carry on. All I can say is the teacher's have their hand's full. I think they appreciate anyone wanting to teach there, I doubt the dresscode really matters a whole lot?:D

It is a charter school, which many have more relaxed dress codes, especially on Friday's. I'm not sure when this occurred, but most charter schools allow teachers to wear jeans on certain days.

Also, there are bad kids in all schools. I travel all over the state to high schools and I see it all, from Carmel, to Fort Wayne; from Evansville, to South Bend. Some schools are able to keep their dirt out of the media better than others.

Top Bottom