This pic pisses me off the more I see it!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Our president has not gained our respect as with these soldiers who laid down their lives for our freedoms. How dare you even compare BHO to these soldiers.

Yup. I won't say how I really feel about the matter so as to not trip any NSA alarm bots, but the man is the epitome of 'fraud'. If fact, fraud has become a highly refined skill for him.

I strongly believe in freedom of speech and the other constitutional protections of freedom. Bear in mind that there is high probability that the framers of the constitution were all PRO-America, at least enough to the point of going on record by committing their names and potentially their lives in the signing of the document. It's a disservice to those fine folks who established this country, and everybody that has fought for it since, by stripping the spirit and tone from the constitution and say "the 30 year-old child POS in the photo above is expressing her right to freedom of speech".

In a legalistic sense, yes, she is indeed exercising her right to freedom of speech. Similarly, in a legalistic sense she is violating US law by her poor taste in the demonstration of contempt for "all of the above" in the photo, being that it occured in a National cemetary. So while I don't really think she should face any consequences of law as a result, I emphatically believe she should lose her job and suffer any other shameful consequences that result.

The very freedom she used in making the photo was bought and paid for 'in full' by blood. It's a travesty of justice and common decency to say the blood of the fallen paid for the kind of behavior depicted by the problem child.

Let's not forget that the constitution has spirit and tone in its directives, a fact that is too often stripped away or ignored altogether by modern day legalism.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    She should be made to dig the graves of the next 10 servicemen KIA'd.

:+1: With or without a shovel?

I don't care one bit about her disrespect for the country. However I respect anyone brave enough to die for their comrades, in war or anywhere else.

For that I would like to see her try to practice free speech with my fist in her mouth. :xmad:

Linc8301

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I can understand that the pic was taken out of fun and not meaning to disrespect and fallen men or women in the armed forces. But as many have said, her being a 30 year old woman she should have known better then to take the pic there. Taking a pic like that seems like something I would do, But Def not at Arlington, or any grave site for that matter. If It was on a street and wasnt representing anything important I probably would do the same. As I said there are times and places for that sort of goofing off, but def not at Arlington or the Tomb of the Unknown soldier. Before anyone starts yelling, No I Am Not Supporting This pic. Just saying doing something like that next to a sign on the side of a street would be totally different.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Fired, gone, pink slipped, out of there, get rid of those two employees...

After she and the photographer volunteer for tons of community service in the form of speaking in front of school children about her mistake, then it may be appropriate for her to reapply for other jobs.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I wonder where all this outrage was when this was posted on INGO?

Pain and suffering are a part of this world and always will be, if we couldn't make a joke everytime an innocent person lost their life, or a child was molested or a woman was raped...there would be no comedy in the world.
    :dunno:

I find this place amusing at times.

She's a douchette nozzle. Who cares?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Who cares?

Probably the owner of whatever company she works for.
    Speaking for myself, if I paid someone's tab to travel, be fed, be lodged, and visit some place as a representative of me and they pulled this caca on my dime... FIRED. No "pending review", no "investigation", no "unpaid leave"... FIRED.
    On the spot.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Probably the owner of whatever company she works for.
    Speaking for myself, if I paid someone's tab to travel, be fed, be lodged, and visit some place as a representative of me and they pulled this caca on my dime... FIRED. No "pending review", no "investigation", no "unpaid leave"... FIRED.
    On the spot.
    I don't disagree. I've always said there are consequences for everything one does.

I know I'd be unemployed.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Even if I wasn't sure what your intentions were with your words, I would not rush to full on offended like so many in the world are want to do. I've unintentionally put my foot my foot in my mouth with people before and they've given me the courtesy to explain without hanging me.

------------------

We should all give the benefit of the doubt. We know almost nothing about this woman other than this single picture. We know her dad was a veteran and she was on a work trip. Yet we rush to judgement about what her political philosophy is, etc. How is that any different than those who want to scream racism at any possible perceived slight?

I could care less what her political philosophy is......."Possible perceived slight"......I guess if a white guy posts a picture of himself burning a cross in front of a Martin Luther King statue at least we will know you won't jump to conclusions of racism....he may of only wanted to have a weany roast.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I think it's comical that we can have threads here *****ing about how the left will construe anything as racism and look how wild imaginations are running here from a single picture with almost zero information about her personal life or beliefs.

Yep, stupidity is everywhere.

This attitude is far more common than you know. Most under 30 have never lived through a real war and parenting is not performed at acceptable levels anymore. Put the failing school systems in the equation and you have this.....A$$ hat.

Many people over 30 haven't lived through a real war either. Sure, there are some that served in WW2 or were youngsters during the war but if you're considering Iraq (both times) and Afghanistan not wars, they're the same as Korea and Vietnam...at least as for involvement (non-formal but approved by Congress)...that includes Libya in 2011).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep, stupidity is everywhere.

Many people over 30 haven't lived through a real war either. Sure, there are some that served in WW2 or were youngsters during the war but if you're considering Iraq (both times) and Afghanistan not wars, they're the same as Korea and Vietnam...at least as for involvement (non-formal but approved by Congress)...that includes Libya in 2011).

Reality of this as I was reminded of, any conflict where we loose our own is a terrible thing. They may not be called a real war but we are loosing brave men and woman. And too my definition of a real war, I do stand corrected.

CM

trapperDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Morristown, IN
    Sorry if it has already been posted but I saw this on the news this morning and I guess it has went viral online. Apparently this witch works for a retirement community and was in DC on a business trip and thought it would be funny to take this pic. Personally this pic really pisses me off!

Lindsey-Stone-the-douche.jpg

she needs kicked in the mouth:twocents:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's her right to be stupid. I doubt she was intending to offend, but rather she was making "light" of the sign, and illustrating the opposite. She unfortunately made a REALLY bad decision about where to do this.
    It's her employers right to fire her for bad judgement, ANC it's the public's right to shun her, but as so far a govt goes, the cannot, and shouldn't not do anything.
    It's ironic, but the soldiers at Arlington gave their lives so that she could do this tasteless thing.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    It's her right to be stupid. I doubt she was intending to offend, but rather she was making "light" of the sign, and illustrating the opposite. She unfortunately made a REALLY bad decision about where to do this.
    It's her employers right to fire her for bad judgement, ANC it's the public's right to shun her, but as so far a govt goes, the cannot, and shouldn't not do anything.
    It's ironic, but the soldiers at Arlington gave their lives so that she could do this tasteless thing.

I agree with this. She's just a dumb girl with no common sense. I don't believe she intended to be disrespectful. She saw a sign and reacted like a dumb kid. I think she would have done the same thing had she seen the sign outside of a library. She exercised poor judgement, not malicious intent. Had she done this outside of a library many here would have found it funny. Unfortunately she chose the wrong place to exhibit her humor.

To want this girl persecuted for exercising her first amendment rights is hypocritical. Especially since the soldiers did die to keep us all free.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I agree with this. She's just a dumb girl with no common sense. I don't believe she intended to be disrespectful. She saw a sign and reacted like a dumb kid. I think she would have done the same thing had she seen the sign outside of a library. She exercised poor judgement, not malicious intent. Had she done this outside of a library many here would have found it funny. Unfortunately she chose the wrong place to exhibit her humor.

To want this girl persecuted for exercising her first amendment rights is hypocritical. Especially since the soldiers did die to keep us all free.

:+1:

Well said.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    On company trips one is usually expected to put a good foot fwd, on and off the clock.

If she broke the rules, then let the company decide what to do with a 30 yr old idiot employee.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I would like to know the nature of the friendship she had with the girl she was with. If she was with a close friend she frequently cuts up with and does stupid things with, this stupid pic would make even more sense. When we were younger, how many of us have done things we knew better than doing because our friends encouraged us to follow through on our dumb ideas? Or how many times have we tried to one up a friend when we thought we were being funny? Sometimes in the name of fun, we have probably all done something disrespectful. If we were caught, we had to show remorse and repent. Our lives were not destroyed because of it. I don't think hers should be either.

I'm not condoning what she did. She made a mistake but she still deserves to be forgiven.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    What one person finds offensive, another does not. Personally, I think this was in very bad taste. What we have to realize is that just because something is offensive to us, that doesn't mean it's offensive to everyone. If she wants to exercise her freedom of expression in a very tactless tasteless way she has that right. We may not like it, but it is her right to do so. Some people think certain words are offensive. Others don't. I refuse to be so judgmental as to have the attitude that if I think something is offensive then so should everyone else. Yes I was offended by this photo and this certainly isn't the type of person I would keep company with, but I won't judge her for doing something that didn't have any ill will intended.

Top Bottom