This pic pisses me off the more I see it!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    So we can joke and disrespect our president everyday but she can't make a joke? Would I do what she did? No. Does she deserve to have her life ruined? No.

She deserves to reap the rewards and/or live with the consequences of her actions. Same as everyone else. If her life is "ruined" by her own behavior, then so be it.

My company is based in DC, and I travel there from time to time. If I behaved this way on a trip to the office, for all the world to see, I'd be gone in a heartbeat.

Besides, if all it takes to "ruin" your life is a lost job, disabled Facebook account, and some TV interviews, then life must be in pretty poor shape to begin with. Suck it up, take responsibility for your actions, and move on.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I must not hang around the same combat vets. I never heard any in my family make jokes about any war dead.

By the way Audie, my Dad was in the Philippines during WW2 and had nothing but good to say about the people over there.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    She's yelling and flipping the bird in the wrong part of VA.

Someone direct her to DC.

I don't understand the point of yelling at the dead and their grieving families.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    This woman deserves what she gets but I fail to see what law she broke. The freedom she was exercising was not something anyone gave her, she was born with it. People with any amount of decency would refrain from such behavior, those who do not are a-holes. But the day we start locking up people for that we are in deep do-do.

My Grandpa survived both D-day and the Battle of the Bulge. We were watching TV, when I was about 12, and some POS was burning an American flag. I said boy Grandpa, doesn't that make you mad? He said that it didn't make him feel on way or another. He went on to explain that he never fought for any flag, freedoms, or other lofty ideals, just for whoever was standing next to him.

I do not say this as a slight to anyone's service to our country but IMHO, if you don't count those who died in the Revolutionary War, very few American soldiers have died "defending our freedoms". They have died defending what our politicians deemed to be our national best interest at the time. This in no way diminishes their sacrifice to this country.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    She can hang out with Hanoi Jane now.....she is stupid enough to do it, then even stupid enough to post it on her facebook. An some people concerned her life might be ruined....her life was already ruined. I don't have a daughter, but if either of my sons ever did something like this as adults they would get a azz whooping to say the least.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I posted on facebook about this. Whether or not she broke a law is irrelevant. Most people have common sense to not do this. Free speech is protected, disrespecting our fallen soldiers should not be.

Maybe they should make her attend funerals of actual fallen soldiers, or talk to their families.

Or maybe just drop her off around some IED's and flip her the bird as our boys drive away.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Dear OP,
    1. Stop looking at it.
    2. There will always be sad, stupid, evil sh*t in the world.
    3. Choose not to to fill your life with it.
    4. Choose something life affirming, fulfilling and positive (like Printcrafts avatar).
    5. Promote it.
    6. Preaching to the choir is useless and boring. e.g., "I hate bad people."
    7. Don't be afraid to be controversial, challenging. e.g., 30 round magazines are stupid" Hell, I have 16 rnd magazines. Convenient, but stupid.
    8. Etc.
    9. I like lists

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    9mtyV.gif

There are important things going on in the world and in our lives.

This is not one of them.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    9mtyV.gif

There are important things going on in the world and in our lives.

This is not one of them.

On the contrary, this woman may not be so significant standing alone but the fact that she is representative of what a large portion of our population has become is a very frightening indicator of the future of the nation.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    On the contrary, this woman may not be so significant standing alone but the fact that she is representative of what a large portion of our population has become is a very frightening indicator of the future of the nation.

A large portion of our population has always been silly and immature. We've all had our moments.

This is not new, nor is it interesting.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    A large portion of our population has always been silly and immature. We've all had our moments.

This is not new, nor is it interesting.

The difference is that our culture is at its most immature point in history and I find the pivotal issue to be that it is at its most self-centered point in history. In this case, it is manifested with a misguided woman finding it more important to indulge her flippant nature than to give a small modicum of respect to those who deserve it more than most others. It is the same character flaw that serves as the foundation of most actions that deprive others of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness as most infringements on these stem from entirely self-serving motives. These people have reached a level of numbers and intensity in their behavior that they are no longer merely an annoyance, but a threat. Remember, they are not just hoisting their middle fingers--they also vote for lawless politicians.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yep, I thought pc was verboten here.

If she has a problem with dead veterans, she is entitled to her opinion. She has a right to post it on her facepalm page. She has a right to shout it from her rooftop. Violating a place set aside as a sanctuary for our fallen veterans, not so much. I see it as working the same way that I have a right to disagree with any group and to express that disagreement through a wide variety of means of communication, but that doesn't give me a right to invade their meetings with a megaphone screaming that they are all wet.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    It was 2002 or so. I was 21 and my coworker was approximately 34. He was a Desert Storm Army vet. Other coworkers were talking about some Marines who were killed. He said "Who cares? They were Marines." After I looked at hime funny he explained to me the joke "Hey did you hear about the three Marines who were killed? Who cares? They were Marines." Since then I've heard that joke and others in real life and on here. Fact is the jokes are made but no one cries foul against soldiers who make them. This woman made a joke. She was disrespectful. She was called out and has apologized. It's not good enough for some of you guys so it doesn't matter. You should go to her house and hang her I guess.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Look, can everyone just agree that it was a dick move?

I'll agree, although I would guess that her intention was more to be a smarta** than to be disrespectful.

Nevertheless, I really can't bring myself to care and certainly can't get as worked up about it as some of these other folks.

Top Bottom