This is why I carry, even at family events....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    New twist on ol song:

"Happy Birfday to yo" (Point imginary pistols or guns at each guest and go BOOM BOOM)

Repeat after swig from yo .40 oz

"Happy Bifday to yo" (BOOM BOOM shuffle end zone dance)

"Happy bifday, Happy bifday", "Happy bifday to yo" (Every body chases each other with an imaginary AK or Glock .fotay)

No need for second chorus of "You look like a Monkey and live near the ZOO"!
    everybody knows that, Mr. Obvious

Now we cut the crack, blow out a fart, and play pin the condom on Homey.

I doubt that was the song my friend was singing, but your point is conveyed and noted.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    snip.
    What do you want Hoosiers? Equal justice under the law, or freedom to form your own laws to be obeyed and enforced by your own race or religious leader? We are one nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all—if we will enforce it. If we won't, the wars of race and religion are about to begin. God save us, for the Devil takes the hindmost!

:eek:..........These statements frighten me........:nailbite:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I have read extensively of the history of western civilization (starting with the Aryan invasions of India and the Russian steppes, the conquest of Europe by migrating armies from China and Mongolia, the founding of the USA and its western expansion.

1). Aryans invaded Europe. There are two types of Europeans.

A). Old Line European (Think Basque, Finnic/hungarians, cavemen)

B). Indo-European <-------- Politically Correct term for "Aryan".

2). The Mongol Armies, were headed by an IE. Gengis Khan, while not depicted, from the descriptions was described as Tall, Blue/Green eyed, with red hair, and said to be descended from the Alan Tribe. Scythians (An Iranic speaking people) were in Mongolia; Infact, the Aryans were in Asia. Some Asian folktales talk about them, some of the most famous rulers were the Tocherians.

For the Hunnic people, there is speculation, but most accept that Atilla was an admixture, as ancient asian sources talked about the "Red" & "White" Huns; However, the Army consisted of various IE people.

Eitherway, the method of War of which these "Asian" Armies practiced was not native to them, which points to further IE contact & leadership and obviously the people.

Human nature is devoted to taking what one wants by force. The only place where that was mitigated for a time was the Christian nations of the West. (Note I did not say the West was perfect, only that the practice was mitigated for a time.) Until we allow our Creator to change our nature, we will continue to kill each other.

Christianity heritage is just as warlike as the Barbaric Heathen ancestry.
    IE (Greek, Romans, Celtic, Germanic, Slavic, Persians etc) have historically been described as the "Most warlike" race on Earth, due mainly to the execellance in war, conquest.
    Due to the technological advances, they've also been given the title of "thinking warrior".

It's all in the nature of the people to behave how our Creator intended us to be.

..........These statements frighten me........

From legitimate sources, the earliest predictions I heard of was in 2003ish.
    Pat Buchanan talks about the increasing Ethno Nationalism of America in terms of political desire.

It's coming, if you've been paying attention to Europe, not sure if many here do or not, but they are starting to push hard toward what would be considered "extremism" over there, due to the crime, welfare economy & immigration, undoubtedly the loss of jobs is straining.

I also don't really get what you've seen coming...the violence that has always been a part of society? Native American tribes went to war with other tribes for land. African tribes went to war(and still are) over land, water, food/whatever else.

Violence has always been in the nature of not just people, but animals. As much as people would love to believe they are better, they are no different than that male lion chasing off another lion for a little kitty tail.

So ofcourse people are obviously violent, but is it possible that some are more criminally prone, scientifically speaking?

I say yes, and this is why.

'Warrior Gene' Predicts Aggressive Behavior After Provocation

(PhysOrg.com) -- Boys who carry a particular variation of the gene Monoamine oxidase A (MAOA), sometimes called the “warrior gene,” are more likely not only to join gangs but also to be among the most violent members and to use weapons, according to a new study from The Florida State University that is the first to confirm an MAOA link specifically to gangs and guns.

Findings apply only to males. Girls with the same variant of the MAOA gene seem resistant to its potentially violent effects on gang membership and weapon use.

Led by noted biosocial criminologist Kevin M. Beaver at FSU’s [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]College[/COLOR][/COLOR] of Criminology and Criminal Justice, the study sheds new light on the interplay of genetics and environment that produces some of society’s most serious violent offenders.

“While gangs typically have been regarded as a sociological phenomenon, our investigation shows that variants of a specific MAOA gene, known as a ‘low-activity 3-repeat allele,’ play a significant role,” said Beaver, an award-winning researcher who has co-authored more than 50 published papers on the biosocial underpinnings of criminal behavior.

“Previous research has linked low-activity MAOA variants to a wide range of antisocial, even violent, behavior, but our study confirms that these variants can predict gang membership,” he said. “Moreover, we found that variants of this gene could distinguish gang members who were markedly more likely to behave violently and use weapons from members who were less likely to do either.”

The MAOA gene affects levels of neurotransmitters such as dopamine and serotonin that are related to mood and behavior, and those variants that are related to violence are hereditary. Some previous studies have found the “warrior gene” to be more prevalent in cultures that are typified by warfare and aggression.

“What’s interesting about the MAOA gene is its location on the X-chromosome,” Beaver said. “As a result, males, who have one X-chromosome and one Y-chromosome, possess only one copy of this gene, while females, who have two X-chromosomes, carry two. Thus, if a male has an allele (variant) for the MAOA gene that is linked to violence, there isn’t another copy to counteract it. Females, in contrast, have two copies, so even if they have one risk allele, they have another that could compensate for it. That’s why most MAOA research has focused on males, and probably why the MAOA effect has, for the most part, only been detected in males.”

The new study examined DNA data and lifestyle information drawn from more than 2,500 respondents to the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health. Beaver and colleagues from Florida State, Iowa State and Saint Louis universities detailed their findings in a
    paper to be published in a forthcoming edition of the journal Comprehensive Psychiatry. Currently, the paper (“Monoamine oxidase A genotype is associated with gang membership and weapon use”) is accessible online at http://www.comppsy … hjournal.com via the “Articles in Press” link.

In addition to the MAOA study, Beaver’s body of biosocial [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]criminology[/COLOR][/COLOR] research includes published research that links genetics to adolescent victimization and formation of delinquent peer groups and the use of steroids to “roid rage” -- all among the first such works in the field. He won the American Society of Criminology’s 2009 Ruth Shonle Cavan Young Scholar Award in recognition of his outstanding scholarly contributions during the short time since he earned a Ph.D. in criminal justice at the University of Cincinnati in 2006. Beaver is the coauthor/editor of “Biosocial Criminology: A Primer” (Kendall/Hunt, 2009) and six other books.

Sources:

'Warrior Gene' Responsible for Gang Membership, Weapon Use
    Violence is blamed on 'warrior gene' in the Maoris - Telegraph
    'Warrior Gene' Predicts Aggressive Behavior After Provocation

I am strictly opposed to the idea of a Criminal-minded person being called a "Warrior". Obviously the PC feel goodism interjected here, with this "Warrior gene" crap; Should have called it the "Criminal gene".

Same thing all over Europe and Asia. People killing people isn't anything new. People killing people for no reason at all isn't anything new. It has always been a part of life and it always will be a part of life. We don't live in a Father Knows Best/Leave it to Beaver kind of world.

Is there a fallacy when comparing various peoples? I ask this because various peoples have standards of life which are obviously different.

About the police can't enforce laws because they're seen as racists, in many areas there ARE a majority of racists cops.

:noway: Did those cops come out and say they were racist? Or are they reacting to the nature of the job?

I'm white and I've been harassed by ignorant cops because of the fact that I was with Mexican and black friends. Mexicans that have lived in the same area for generations. Black kids that had NEVER gotten into any kind of legal troubles.

It's unfortunate isnt it. I've never had issues with LEOs, and I've done enough to give the option to screw me over royally. Im curious why would they go out of they're way to screw with you?

Just like there will always be violence, there will always be ignorance. The way I see things no amount of prayer/religion will change things.

Violence has skyrocketed since PC agendas have occured.

If Justice is racist, then crimes are definitely racist by the same logic the liberals use. Not that they'd ever admit that.

Nothing was racial when a White cop beat the crap out of a White man for slapping around his ole lady.

America MUST reject all forms of PC agendas, and praise our Police when they put foot to butt regarding criminals - IMO.

Education would be the only thing to bring change and I HIGHLY doubt that it would change that much.

I've seen very stupid simple people who were never violent. I've heard of very educated people committing crimes.

Education is not the answer to solving violences.

Effective LE & Justice system will bring the change.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    In our society, we allow evil to go unchallenged and refuse to punish it for myriad reasons. When the evil ones believe they can get away unscathed and unpunished, they grow bold. Either we empower the police to stop evil and demand our legal system punish evil, or we will return to the days of the gun, where everyone does what is right in their own mind and defends their own with their own weapons.

We, "in our society" do not refuse to punish evil. We have one of the highest (if not THE highest) incarceration rate of any country.

OTOH, I guess it all depends on what you call evil. I would venture to guess that my definition & your definition may differ at least somewhat.

Our legal system releases known felons, rapists, child molesters, etc., to continue to prey on our people.

Yes, it does. It's called the 8th Amendment to our Constitution. You should read it sometime. Not all felonies are punished by life in prison or death, nor should they be. Once we cross that line we would be no better than any third world dictatorship.

Our police are prevented from enforcing the law because they are "racist." The system is broken. Unless we are willing to accept equal justice under the law for all citizens, this nation cannot stand. There must be one law for all races, and it must be enforced on all races. Failure to do so will only allow the killing mentioned in the OP to continue.

You do realize that blacks & latinos are incarcerated at a rate far higher than whites, don't you? I think that fact alone puts your "blacks, etc. don't get punished for fear of whites being called racists" theory to rest.

What do you want Hoosiers? Equal justice under the law, or freedom to form your own laws to be obeyed and enforced by your own race or religious leader? We are one nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all—if we will enforce it.

If you want to complain about the lack of "equal protection under the law" you should look at how wealth skews the incarceration rate FOR EQUAL CRIMES in this country. That’s the real travesty of justice.

If we won't, the wars of race and religion are about to begin.

Don't you mean they are about to begin "AGAIN". They have been with us at least since we've had the conception that our races or religions were different & that the other guys were inferior or "the devil".

Human nature is devoted to taking what one wants by force. The only place where that was mitigated for a time was the Christian nations of the West. (Note I did not say the West was perfect, only that the practice was mitigated for a time.) Until we allow our Creator to change our nature, we will continue to kill each other.

Really?

Can you name one time in history among these so called "Christian nations of the west" that there was relative peace caused solely by the fact that they were so-called "Christian nations"? Christianity & the other monotheistic western religions & off shoots (Judaism & Islam) have been THE SINGLE LARGEST CAUSE OF VIOLENCE & DEATH AMONG HUMANS IN RECORDED HISTORY. That is a fact. The Bible & history is replete with stories of death, murder, war & general mayhem caused only by the religious beliefs of their adherents. Expansion by the countries that have those as predominant religions is a close second in accounting for death throughout history.

Please don't even try to act as if Christianity is some kind of moderating force. If anything it is an aggravating condition; one of many preventing peace in our time.

That makes them Americans.

True. It sure would be nice if everybody treated them as such, though.

Same as everyone else....die.

Again, true.

Sepe, no problem on our different religious point of view. My view provides a foundation to explain the damage humanity does to itself. As you accurately stated, the killing has been universal. This really supports my point. We kill because it is now our nature, and it will continue until The Restoration (a term I adopted to avoid sounding like I was preaching up revival at a riverside camp meeting).

Even assuming your view is correct, the “restoration” will probably not make things any better. Even in the Garden of Eden, Lilith is said to have defied God & refused to be subservient to Adam so she was banned from the Garden. Is our “true nature” really to be non-violent if, even in the most “pure” time that your religion claims, there was dissent among the ranks? Then there’s that small matter of Cain & Abel.

You are right, we live in a violent world and the forces that once controlled the violence to some degree (basic citizenship, a common morality, etc.) no longer are honored in the USA.

You need to read your history books again…at least the ones not revised by the uber-patriots to show how innocent the US has been. The history of the US has been predominantly but war & death. Even when we weren’t at war with other countries, we were merrily killing off the indigenous people of this continent & stealing their land or enslaving those others we brought here against their will. As someone else said “Leave It to Beaver” never was true. It was just TV.

Again, you prove my point—we kill because it is now our nature to do so, and it will continue until something changes our nature.

And Christianity has never been & never will be that “something”. We need to stop killing each other IN SPITE OF OUR RELIGIOUS, RACIAL & CULTURAL DIFFERENCES. That can’t happen until we can stop focusing on religion, race & culture as something that divides us. Unless you want to force everyone to be Christian, then logically any religion won’t be able to stop anyone from focusing on religion.

Racist cops exist. No one questions it. But our cops have been handicapped by many things (e.g. emphasis on legalities rather than facts, unfair application of the law, etc.), including false accusations of racism. There are two cultures in the US and in Europe who insist that they should not be judged by the same standards as all the other citizens. They demand permission to break the law because of past grievances or because they want to use their own law from the seventh century. My point was that all citizens of the USA should be subject to the same laws. These laws should be applied to every citizen, based on the facts of the case, without exception.

I’m sure there are those on the other side who can say exactly the same thing because they have seen how racial & cultural injustice has caused them or someone they know suffering.

What I have seen coming is the increased violence due to the breakdown of our ability to apply the law universally.

As a matter of fact we live in a relatively peaceful time in regard to violent crime compared to the last 100 years or so. There are no statistics that say that crime/violence is generally increasing.

Violence has skyrocketed since PC agendas have occured.

See above. Actual violence is at an all time low in this country (well, maybe not “all time low” but it’s pretty low, nonetheless). Most people just see more of it because of our 24 hour news & internet sources. Just because people “think” things are worse than they are doesn’t mean it’s true when countered by crime reports that show crime rates trending lower – which is fairly surprising in a crappy economy.

If anything you should say that violence has decreased since PC agendas have occured. I'm not going to say that those PC agenda's are the cause of the reduction in violence but likewise you can't say that they are the cause of an increase because violence is not increasing.

New twist on ol song:
    "Happy Birfday to yo" (Point imginary pistols or guns at each guest and go BOOM BOOM)

Repeat after swig from yo .40 oz

"Happy Bifday to yo" (BOOM BOOM shuffle end zone dance)

"Happy bifday, Happy bifday", "Happy bifday to yo" (Every body chases each other with an imaginary AK or Glock .fotay)

No need for second chorus of "You look like a Monkey and live near the ZOO"!
    everybody knows that, Mr. Obvious

Now we cut the crack, blow out a fart, and play pin the condom on Homey.

You know it kind if funny, for a group of people who are so concerned about being unfairly labeled as racists, that the racism is running rampant through this thread. If you don’t want to be labeled as such then don’t act that way or appear to condone it.

Did anybody here make any similar racial “jokes” or blame white society when any white guys killed a bunch of people recently? Not likely. It’s only a symptom of a culture if a minority does it, right? :rolleyes:

rxcrm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Clark County
    I agree a friend who is a police officer went to a funeral and it was probably one of the first times he had gone somewhere and wasn't armed was driving home and as he was pulling onto his street he saw where there was a state police car with the car door wide open and no one was around so he cautiously walked up to the door and he could here two people fighting and opened the door and there was the Trooper and suspect rolling around on the floor. Scary!!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Finity, your comments would not be hard to debunk; However, I dont wish to violate or appear to violate the new rule and upset PCism.

I thought of PM'ing you my reply, but that would undoubtedly be considered 'undermining' the new policy.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    The sad part of all of this...two people died. I think that this part got lost somewhere. I dont care if you are white, black or purple. I deal with death on a daily basis at work as a nurse. Spend a day with someone you dont know.....trying to keep them alive....have them grab your hand and beg/plead with you to not let them die. The sad part is knowing there is nothing that you can do.....
    SOMEONE DIED!
    Stop turning this into your personal agenda to voice your racial biases.
    Take a breath and pretend it was your best friend or your brother that was killed...how would you want the "spin" to be?
    I need to stop before I say something I will regret.

Son of Liberty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    I got a call from my wife that one of the people killed was a memer at our former church. He wasn't a gang banger and was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. He leaves behind a 14 year old son (not a gang banger, either)... sad.

Sorry to hear it, but in the eyes of most of these folks here, if your non white and live in the city your a gangbanger.

Why work ,just put your hand out and sit on your duff somebody will feed them and pay there bills

Who is them, blacks or just people who live in indy?
    I still find it funny the amount of comments based around these peoples race. The same folks on here making race the issue of the incident are the same folks who cry, "their playing the race card" if a minority complians of discrimination.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Stereotypes go both/in all directions and its up to the individual to recognize when he is offering input based on untruth's. When that happens, the best option is to ignore the perceived ignorance whether intended as a factual statement or a joke that's obviously in bad taste.

Top Bottom