This is why I carry, even at family events....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I don't believe in any gods or all that feel good fuzzy stuff but from what I understand there has been a TON of violence in the name of religion. I also don't really get what you've seen coming...the violence that has always been a part of society? Native American tribes went to war with other tribes for land. African tribes went to war(and still are) over land, water, food/whatever else. Same thing all over Europe and Asia. People killing people isn't anything new. People killing people for no reason at all isn't anything new. It has always been a part of life and it always will be a part of life. We don't live in a Father Knows Best/Leave it to Beaver kind of world.

About the police can't enforce laws because they're seen as racists, in many areas there ARE a majority of racists cops. I'm white and I've been harassed by ignorant cops because of the fact that I was with Mexican and black friends. Mexicans that have lived in the same area for generations. Black kids that had NEVER gotten into any kind of legal troubles. Just like there will always be violence, there will always be ignorance. The way I see things no amount of prayer/religion will change things. Education would be the only thing to bring change and I HIGHLY doubt that it would change that much.

Sepe, no problem on our different religious point of view. My view provides a foundation to explain the damage humanity does to itself. As you accurately stated, the killing has been universal. This really supports my point. We kill because it is now our nature, and it will continue until The Restoration (a term I adopted to avoid sounding like I was preaching up revival at a riverside camp meeting). You are right, we live in a violent world and the forces that once controlled the violence to some degree (basic citizenship, a common morality, etc.) no longer are honored in the USA. Again, you prove my point—we kill because it is now our nature to do so, and it will continue until something changes our nature.

Racist cops exist. No one questions it. But our cops have been handicapped by many things (e.g. emphasis on legalities rather than facts, unfair application of the law, etc.), including false accusations of racism. There are two cultures in the US and in Europe who insist that they should not be judged by the same standards as all the other citizens. They demand permission to break the law because of past grievances or because they want to use their own law from the seventh century. My point was that all citizens of the USA should be subject to the same laws. These laws should be applied to every citizen, based on the facts of the case, without exception.

What I have seen coming is the increased violence due to the breakdown of our ability to apply the law universally. The violence will increase until human nature is changed or our populace gets fed up and demands an end to it. At that point, a dictator will take power and end the violence by telling his supporters that now that he is in charge, they must stop the agitation that led to his ascent to power. If you need further details on how this works, read William Shirer's Rise and Fall of the Third Reich and with Alan Paton's biography of Adolf Hitler. He was a master of the strategy.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    I agree with you bapak2ja. I read the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich and it could be said that it is a 'playbook' for what is going on in this world today.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Same as everyone else....die.:dunno:
    That's funny, but I think you know what I mean. How many lifelong non-believers have a change of heart at the most critical moment? Kinda like a gun grabber who gets robbed, then goes and buys a gun. Of course, we will never know, because those who ask forgiveness and die, well...who knows. Those who survive a near death experience probably will keep this type of thing to themselves.;)

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    what the gov. should do is make shooting people illegal. then we wouldnt have to worry about this. or mandate gun ownership for everyone, its all or nothing!!

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Sad, my heart goes out to all the victims and their families. I hate hearing about these types of crimes, it really makes me mad.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Fired beer truck driver in the East coast was said not to be "Violent by Nature", such a sweet guy....everybody said. Killed 8 at his going away from work party.

Of course no guns by the civilian populace allowed there folks.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    The kid at the end is a powerful statement - he just wants to live longer, to see college, etc. Unfortunately criminals have no heart, and the message will be lost on them.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    dont forget about the black expo shootings, three seperate shootings with 11 people shot in the heart of our downtown, i think we (people of indy) should not allow the black expo back next year! we have a beautiful downtown except for one weekend a year when 100k black expo vistors roll in and start shooting!

:welcome: to :ingo: ! Great first post! :yesway: :+1:

Last edited:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    wow indy just keeps getting worse and worse... i was planning on moving to the plainfield area in the next 6-12 months but with all these shootings everyday it makes me think twice...

Nothing wrong with the Plainfield/Mooresville area, lived here all my life and love it.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    New twist on ol song:

"Happy Birfday to yo" (Point imginary pistols or guns at each guest and go BOOM BOOM)

Repeat after swig from yo .40 oz

"Happy Bifday to yo" (BOOM BOOM shuffle end zone dance)

"Happy bifday, Happy bifday", "Happy bifday to yo" (Every body chases each other with an imaginary AK or Glock .fotay)

No need for second chorus of "You look like a Monkey and live near the ZOO"!
    everybody knows that, Mr. Obvious

Now we cut the crack, blow out a fart, and play pin the condom on Homey.

Top Bottom