This is why I carry, even at family events....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I read the story on MSNBC and the comments were atrocious. Everyone basically agreed that this was the NRAs fault and that AK47s should be banned, even the "pro gun" comments said basically that only handguns and hunting shotguns should be legal and that an AK47 has no place in the United States.

For many years, this was basically the stance that the NRA took. In ALL of their literature, they talked solely about organized target shooting events, and hunting. Every picture of firearms in their pamphlets contained only hunting rifles and race guns (and the occasional old west style six shooter). It wasn't until they changed that I joined.

Of course, that's also the exact mantra that Don of Don's Guns repeats every time he gets a chance. I wonder if we'll see him destroy another batch of AK47s shortly. It's been a few years since he pulled that stunt.

I still suspect that this event is related to the Black Expo shootings.

My wife read the news stories about this, and she said "how do you know the shooter was black? It never mentions his color." I replied it was simple, if only ONE person had suggested that the shooter was white, Al Sharpton would have already been here.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    This why I don't go to birfday parties or the black expo.

I go to birthday parties, just not at 12:30 on Monday nights, on the westside.

As for Black Expo: I took vacation time this year so I wouldn't have to go downtown while downtown was turned into a battlezone (more than usual).

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    wow indy just keeps getting worse and worse... i was planning on moving to the plainfield area in the next 6-12 months but with all these shootings everyday it makes me think twice...

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If you are looking for a chance to test your shooting and survival skills, move to Indy. Otherwise, I recommend somewhere safe—like Kingston, Jamaica. :joke:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I got a call from my wife that one of the people killed was a memer at our former church. He wasn't a gang banger and was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. He leaves behind a 14 year old son (not a gang banger, either)... sad.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    The whole thing is a mess and a tragedy. This kind of thing will once again bring attention to the entire "assult weapons" debate. I remember the 1994 ban, and couldn't believe that it would happen, and it did.
    Then again, when it expired in 2004, I couldn't believe it would ever expire. So as long as idiots keep shooting their AK's into crowds, we will have "reasonalbe" people thinking they need to be banned again, and this time without a sunset clause.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    I got a call from my wife that one of the people killed was a memer at our former church. He wasn't a gang banger and was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. He leaves behind a 14 year old son (not a gang banger, either)... sad.

That's very unfortunate.

But, as they say..."Guilty by association".

I find it hard to believe that this was a "random shooting"...the shooter obviously knew who was there and was out to get someone.

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Dogs Barking

So I live about 5 blocks from where this incident occurred. The dogs were up barking all night and I didn’t even think about why. Went to work and made a comment about the dogs barking all night, and the boss said, “Well there was a shooting last night.” Then it hit me, the dogs were barking all night at the sirens. Guess next time I’ll get up when they bark. I need to move out of Indy.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    So I live about 5 blocks from where this incident occurred. The dogs were up barking all night and I didn’t even think about why. Went to work and made a comment about the dogs barking all night, and the boss said, “Well there was a shooting last night.” Then it hit me, the dogs were barking all night at the sirens. Guess next time I’ll get up when they bark. I need to move out of Indy.

:+1: Leaving Indy would be a smart move. :shoot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Just another day in the 'hood' folks, nothing to see here, move along move along...

Me, too! Additionally, we now have the New Black Panthers suggesting that they must "kill Crackers and Cracker Babies". Some of this is stupid bravado, however, someone make take the call and actually try it.

Watching the video, I thought you lost your marbles, as there were no White victims of these horrible crimes; Fortunately, I was able to use what brain cells I have.

I think alot of people need to realize that every day violence occurs in scary numbers of Black on White crimes, usually minimized by the Judeicial system.

I listen to the BP, and those that appeal to the Black community, and it's not far fetched to suggest that 30 years ago, the BP advocates infiltrated street gangs and implemented they're terror tactic's, or rape, robbery, murder against Whites.

Google is your friend.

Because that is SO HELPFUL to combat the view of Blacks as violent by nature. Good work, guys!

I agree, we need to endorse the liberal idea of lying through our teeth.

Denying problems doesnt make them go away. Addressing issues head on is a step in the right direction.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    People have been killing each other since Cain killed Abel. It has nothing to do with race, but everything to do with pride, envy and selfishness. It will not stop until the Restoration. I know, I am a Christian preacher—but that does not change the truth. We humans will continue to do this until we allow our Creator to restore our human nature to what He intended it to be. Murder will continue because far too many of us humans prefer to fire rather than forgive, to shoot rather than be shamed. There is a better way, but most of us do not want it. So, the shooting will continue.

I am prepared to preach peace and forgiveness, but I carry a Glock 26 because I recognize that all it takes for evil to overcome is for good men and women to do nothing but die like sheep. Violence overwhelmed the good folks in Noah's day only because there was no Saul or David to defend the good folks. Where there is no strong stand taken against evil, the evil ones grow bold. In our society, we allow evil to go unchallenged and refuse to punish it for myriad reasons. When the evil ones believe they can get away unscathed and unpunished, they grow bold. Either we empower the police to stop evil and demand our legal system punish evil, or we will return to the days of the gun, where everyone does what is right in their own mind and defends their own with their own weapons.

Our legal system releases known felons, rapists, child molesters, etc., to continue to prey on our people. Our police are prevented from enforcing the law because they are "racist." The system is broken. Unless we are willing to accept equal justice under the law for all citizens, this nation cannot stand. There must be one law for all races, and it must be enforced on all races. Failure to do so will only allow the killing mentioned in the OP to continue.

What do you want Hoosiers? Equal justice under the law, or freedom to form your own laws to be obeyed and enforced by your own race or religious leader? We are one nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all—if we will enforce it. If we won't, the wars of race and religion are about to begin. God save us, for the Devil takes the hindmost!

P.S.
    I know, I am preaching. :soapbox: But age brings wisdom, and I have seen it coming for many years. :oldwise: I have read extensively of the history of western civilization (starting with the Aryan invasions of India and the Russian steppes, the conquest of Europe by migrating armies from China and Mongolia, the founding of the USA and its western expansion. Human nature is devoted to taking what one wants by force. The only place where that was mitigated for a time was the Christian nations of the West. (Note I did not say the West was perfect, only that the practice was mitigated for a time.) Until we allow our Creator to change our nature, we will continue to kill each other.

I don't believe in any gods or all that feel good fuzzy stuff but from what I understand there has been a TON of violence in the name of religion. I also don't really get what you've seen coming...the violence that has always been a part of society? Native American tribes went to war with other tribes for land. African tribes went to war(and still are) over land, water, food/whatever else. Same thing all over Europe and Asia. People killing people isn't anything new. People killing people for no reason at all isn't anything new. It has always been a part of life and it always will be a part of life. We don't live in a Father Knows Best/Leave it to Beaver kind of world.

About the police can't enforce laws because they're seen as racists, in many areas there ARE a majority of racists cops. I'm white and I've been harassed by ignorant cops because of the fact that I was with Mexican and black friends. Mexicans that have lived in the same area for generations. Black kids that had NEVER gotten into any kind of legal troubles. Just like there will always be violence, there will always be ignorance. The way I see things no amount of prayer/religion will change things. Education would be the only thing to bring change and I HIGHLY doubt that it would change that much.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I don't believe in any gods or all that feel good fuzzy stuff but from what I understand there has been a TON of violence in the name of religion. I also don't really get what you've seen coming...the violence that has always been a part of society? Native American tribes went to war with other tribes for land. African tribes went to war(and still are) over land, water, food/whatever else. Same thing all over Europe and Asia. People killing people isn't anything new. People killing people for no reason at all isn't anything new. It has always been a part of life and it always will be a part of life. We don't live in a Father Knows Best/Leave it to Beaver kind of world.

About the police can't enforce laws because they're seen as racists, in many areas there ARE a majority of racists cops. I'm white and I've been harassed by ignorant cops because of the fact that I was with Mexican and black friends. Mexicans that have lived in the same area for generations. Black kids that had NEVER gotten into any kind of legal troubles. Just like there will always be violence, there will always be ignorance. The way I see things no amount of prayer/religion will change things. Education would be the only thing to bring change and I HIGHLY doubt that it would change that much.
    I'm not a church goer, but I believe in God, and have prayed at some pretty scary times in my life. I always wonder what those who denounce God would do on their deathbed?

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I work with Nova512, and I too heard the shots. There were several shots followed by a very short break. Maybe a reload or clearing a jam? Summer before last when they were on pace for onle of the deadliest years in the city's history, it was very common to walk onto the lot and hear shots every night. This year it has actually been fairly quiet by comparison. One of the people that was shot is a big player in the area. A Lt. came in after the fact and siad in he doesn't recall a crime scene with so many evidence cones.

Top Bottom