• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    When has ignorance ever been a defensible excuse?
    Ignorance is nothing more than a lack of knowledge. You act as though it's a vile sin. How is a person supposed to know what he doesn't know and has never been taught?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    So basically you voted for Obama.

The people that voted for Romney voted for a version of Obama that couldn't beat Obama. People that voted for principles voted opposite of Romney or Obama. Blame your favorite letter for not putting up a winning candidate. That is who you should have beef with. Obama has a pitiful approval rating and the Republicans can't find a candidate that can win? Nope, can't be their fault.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Your argument from your point of view, based n your personal experience, is very strong. I don't know Michelle Obama, but I became proud of America in 1991. Before that time, I was proud to be an American and the small part my parents and forefathers played in the country's development; however, was I proud of America? Not really. Why? Because until 1991, I had seen nothing that was significant and had not played a role in doing something that carried the country forward, as a people. In 1991 that happened for me and for the first time I was proud of America.

Taking my experience and comparing it to hers, I can understand what she said. Some may not understand my reasoning, but it's not for them to understand. I don't look for acceptance of my feelings and I'm sure Michelle Obama isn't, either.

This is what I understand about Michelle Obama: "Alienated in the USA": Michelle Obama's 'Proud' Remarks - Newsweek and The Daily Beast

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Ignorance is nothing more than a lack of knowledge. You act as though it's a vile sin. How is a person supposed to know what he doesn't know and has never been taught?

When has ignorance ever been a defensible excuse?

Ignorance? NO.

Contempt. Complete and utter contempt.

I'll post this video below again.......... ANYBODY care to refute it this time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKLr1EQpqIo

That is contempt. Contempt for this country is at their heart.
    Someone with that mindset has NO BUSINESS in the office of the president or anywhere near it.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    88GT, you are absolutely right and I stand corrected. I never realized this was a documented standard. I don't know how I didn't know that, but I am wrong on this point. Thanks for the correction.

Looking into it further (36 USC § 301 - National anthem), I didn't know that veterans were required to salute, even when not in uniform. I will need to give this more attention, as I have been wrong.

I've always done it because that was how everybody around me did it. I had to go check. I can't claim prior knowledge. ;)

Makes ya wonder how much other stuff is "regulated," doesn't it? :):

Dybber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    South side Indy
    Actions not surprising of someone who for the first time was proud of her country after her dips*** husband was to be president. She seems to despise this country more than he does.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Starts off defending Michelle Obama...from a flawed position...then ends with an editorial on black alienation bookmarked from four years ago?

Very telling.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I've heard this argument a whole lot. Were you born being proud of America? Well, I wasn't. For some, as Americans we have so much that we really don't appreciate it. For others, they may have never experienced anything that would cause them to be proud of America. What's wrong with that? I remember the day I was finally proud to be an American and it didn't happen after reading the history books provided in elementary school.

I'm sure many look at the President and say, "arrogant SOB." It's nothing new and most likely will never change, whether he's in the White House or not.
    Que, I remember when I use to be proud of America, and No, it has nothing to to due with President Obama being reelected, it was well before that.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Well, I certainly did not vote for these fools. Maybe, only if we are lucky, after this next four years is over with, they will move to China and see how that attitude of hers fits when she shows that same disrespect for their flag huh? I do not understand these kinds of people. It is that very flag, that she hates so much because at one time her people were enslaved here, that gives her the freedom to show such disrespect.

There are other countries on this planet, where if she tried that, she and her family would either be put to death or at least thrown in prison. I just can't wait until this next four years is over with.:n00b:

topash

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Anywhere
    Since Obama won the popular vote, I guess I voted with the majority. Should be another good four years for tribal governments in the US.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Ignorance? NO.

Contempt. Complete and utter contempt.

I'll post this video below again.......... ANYBODY care to refute it this time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKLr1EQpqIo

That is contempt. Contempt for this country is at their heart.
    Someone with that mindset has NO BUSINESS in the office of the president or anywhere near it.

Whats to comment on...your absolutely right.
    Michelle feels alienated, lol, tough crap, nice try. Maybe if she focused less on being black and more on being a good American she would feel less alianated and more proud of her country. The Obamas are great at the "Do as I say and not as I do" way of life.

Top Bottom