• Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Home

I shed a tear when I got to the part on how they are deactivated. Keep these politicians out of my arsenal!

Welcome to our home page! Here you can find out about the hobby of collecting deactivated guns, and our association!

What is a deactivated firearm?

For the purposes of British law, a deactivated firearm is any firearm which is no longer capable of expelling a shot, missile, bullet, or other projectile and which cannot be readily restored to do so.

The DGCA represents collectors of these guns as well as replica guns made by the original manufacturer of the gun the replica is based on (essentially a factory made deactivated firearm), such as the replica AK-74s being made by Izhmash.

Who can own a deactivated firearm?

In Great Britain, anyone can own a deactivated firearm, as well as acquire or sell them without restriction. Using a deactivated firearm in a threatening manner is an offence, however.

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    snipercrowbar_2.jpg

Guess this would be a deactivated rifle... Sweet..

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    This is what we must never allow. If I was a Brit I would move to a country that actually afforded me some rights and take my tax dollars away from the gun grabbers. Come to think of it, I'd do the same thing if I lived in Illinois or California, etc.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Years ago the MCSO used to sell confiscated firearms at auction, now they "deactivate" them by crushing and melting. Looking and feeling PC is way more important than saving money.:rolleyes:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Years ago the MCSO used to sell confiscated firearms at auction, now they "deactivate" them by crushing and melting. Looking and feeling PC is way more important than saving money.:rolleyes:

That's fine.... the manufacturers need to sell new product anyhow.
    They are just looking out for the economy....... :rolleyes:

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I am saddened everytime I see videos of the gun confications in England and Australia. :xmad: Priceless items of firearm history were destroyed and can never come back. England had such a proud and distinguished firearm history. Its:bs:, complete and total :bs:.

Top Bottom